Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The "I HATE TRIPLE H" MEGA bashing thread 2016 RE-OPEN

Options

Comments

Atari Jaguar!
    Raw 15th anniversary show which in my opinion he ruined. He came out at the start of the night and was involved in the McMahon family segment but then came out again for both a DX reunion (How many DX reunions has there been at this stage) and an evolution reunion. But it wasn't like these segments (and evolution match) went on for 1 or 2 Min's, they were around 15-20 Min's each so it took up 1/3 of the whole anniversary show.

Since 2000 hes been in 5 Wrestlemania main events (Should have been 6 but he was injured for 23 and he'll add to the list on Sunday) and even when he wasn't in the main event he was involved in world title matches at the rest (except for WM 17)

He's close to breaking Flairs world title record.

None of these things would have happened if he wasn't in a position of power.

So as you can probably gather I don't like him.

Wow 2 and a half years since I last vented in this thread :P

I know a lot of people on here complain on a Monday when Raw is on (Which they are entitled to) but I've actually been enjoying it since Wrestlemania and one of the main reasons is HHH not taking up a half an hour + of the show each Monday.

Even when he came back for the Taker match at Wrestlemania his "staredowns" with Taker bored the arse off me.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,342 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

i did think his little exchange with r-truth last week was funny

Atari Jaguar!
    rossie1977 wrote: »
    i did think his little exchange with r-truth last week was funny

Hey this is the HHH "Bashing" thread.

No complements :P

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Ive a feeling HHH will get hate a lot quicker than most would (obviously due to his past). its been 1 week he has been on the show since his brief appearance relieving Vince of his duties and it hasnt been that bad but the moment he does anything even slightly wrong they will be mass calls that he is hogging the limelight and burying folk

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Atari Jaguar!
    Taking the heat off Punk and Cena is sure to reignite the hate; the more air time he gets the less is spent focussing on the actual wrestlers; so it'll hurt buyrates and the angle they're trying to sell it on. There's no reason he should be going back and forth with Punk for 25 minutes if they're not going to wrestle -- and SummerSlam isn't far away! He's derailing the Punk/Cena match.

tbh i'm allergic to HHH ever since the dark days of late 02-05. at least i admit it :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Ive a feeling HHH will get hate a lot quicker than most would (obviously due to his past). its been 1 week he has been on the show since his brief appearance relieving Vince of his duties and it hasnt been that bad but the moment he does anything even slightly wrong they will be mass calls that he is hogging the limelight and burying folk

He has been back for 2 shows. In those 2 shows, he was part of possile the worst segement I have ever in my life seen, and in the second one, he was on screen for about 35 minutes with his usual schtick.

Atari Jaguar!
    gimmick wrote: »
    He has been back for 2 shows. In those 2 shows, he was part of possile the worst segement I have ever in my life seen, and in the second one, he was on screen for about 35 minutes with his usual schtick.

The segment were he was bringing JR and all back went on for around half an hour.

The back and forth with Punk went for a good 20-25 mins.

I hope a pattern is not developing.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

not defending the guy but i always expected him to have a lot of air time in order to get over (not himself he doesent need it) the new boss character and that be it justified (very often justified) or not he will be targetted for a lot of blame whenever anything doesent work.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,140 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

as long as it's just short-term to get people used to him being boss, then i'm fine with it.

alternatively, i'm also fine if the wrestlers are consistently going over, and not him. he needs to treat the position as Vince did; i don't care if HHH is who he is.

the business will only further if HHH puts his ego to one side and makes it about the full-time talent.

but you just know that he heard the pops these past couple of weeks, saw the huge rating for SD this week, and is thinking that it means he should be on all the time.

i'm the same as jayk...it was 02-05 that made me despise him. absolutely despise him. the horrible fat overlord.

which is a pity, because he was fúcking epic from 00 until in and around HBK's title win in the first Elimination Chamber in '02.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

Loathe Him
    d.anthony wrote: »
    Am I steamin or have 25,000 people really voted on this??

Wrestlemania 3 really did have 93,000 fans, but 25,000 voters is surely a worked number!

• Advertisement

Locking this just in case.

Will re open in a few days again.

I have a feeling this thread may be needed again soon. It will be locked on the day of WM for a few days again though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭Ando's Saggy Bottom

Loathe Him
    Not sure what people's problem is here with HHH. The logical conclusion to the Brock feud is for the face to get back his win after being badly treated by the monster heel. Makes perfect sense.

Losing doesn't really hurt Brock either tbh, he's booked very well these days. His appearances always seem kinda special and he has such a loose cannon and monster-like aura that you tend to overlook his defeats.

HHH bashing is far more fun that not HHH bashing so pipe down!

you won't be making the most out of Brock by beating him though.

if this was the other way round, HHH being the big draw, who has just decided to sign on for 2 more Wrestlemanias, he would be the first one to say it doesn't make sense to be beaten.

Rock/Brock next year would make a lot more sense if they both weren't going into it off Wrestlemania losses too.

i'm fully aware they can both be built up again easily, but FFS, so can HHH if he's going to have a match.

Loathe Him
    SlickRic wrote: »
    you won't be making the most out of Brock by beating him though.

if this was the other way round, HHH being the big draw, who has just decided to sign on for 2 more Wrestlemanias, he would be the first one to say it doesn't make sense to be beaten.

Rock/Brock next year would make a lot more sense if they both weren't going into it off Wrestlemania losses too.

i'm fully aware they can both be built up again easily, but FFS, so can HHH if he's going to have a match.

Its two part timers against each other essentially. I don't think the long term implications matter either way. If Rock/Brock is indeed the plan for next year then I don't think either man losing at this year's Mania has any bearing on a match planned for 12 months down the line.

In the context of this feud, the face should get the win back, considering how the entire feud thus far has been based around the heel inflicting injutice after injustice upon him.

I wonder how much of this is to do with the fact that its Hunter, and if it were a more "internet-friendly" worker would people still be of the same opinion? I also think people are railing a little against the predictability of the result, rather than judging the feud and its natural outcome on its own merits (Bill).

I also think people see Hunter in his current part time role as a seriously big deal and as such Brock losing to him won't particularly hurt him, in the same way losing to Cena hasn't hurt him one iota, and in the same way Punk losing to Taker won't hurt him. There are certain guys people accept losing to as being acceptable in the heirarchy WWE has created. Now if they had Brock losing to the likes of Danielson I think his aura would be hurt. But losing to "supermen" types like HHH, Cena is an altogether different matter IMO and either way can be done in a way that still makes him look like an absolute beast.

Bottom line, people aren't going to see Brock as any less of a threat to Rock in 12 months time just because he loses competitively to a guy as big as HHH a year before. Far weaker, less credible guys guys have been rebuilt from far more lowly positions in such a time frame. Hell, you could book Brock/Rock for a month after Mania and it'd be no less a big deal for Brock losing to Hunter.

I wonder how much of this is to do with the fact that its Hunter, and if it were a more "internet-friendly" worker would people still be of the same opinion? I also think people are railing a little against the predictability of the result, rather than judging the feud and its natural outcome on its own merits (Bill).

i've said numerous times that the natural progression of the feud dictates that the face should get the win.

100%.

but i think part of people's problem with all of this is indeed that it's Hunter. he does not need this. Cena, you could conceivably argue, needed the win over Brock at Extreme Rules, just so the face of the company doesn't lose 2 big matches in a month.

there is no reason for HHH to get a win here, other than they fact that the storyline, that WWE came up with, dictates that he should win. if that's the case, don't do the story. or do a variation of it with someone else.

the problem is, i am also convinced they did this story with the notion that Brock was leaving at the end of the year. things changed. Brock is now going to be with company another 2 years.

as i say, if the shoe was on the other foot, Hunter would, no doubt, be vouching to be kept extremely strong.

in essence, they've actually booked themselves into a corner.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Loathe Him
    I want Brock to win.

But I'd agree it won't hurt him much if he loses.

If he loses, have him the next night on Raw absolutely maim someone (be it Rock, Taker or whoever). Have him so pissed, he just destroys a big name. Monster aura instantly restored.

If he loses, have him the next night on Raw absolutely maim someone (be it Rock, Taker or whoever). Have him so pissed, he just destroys a big name. Monster aura instantly restored.

this, i could deal with.

more likely he'll destroy Sin Cara or something, which would be pointless.

Loathe Him
    this, i could deal with.

more likely he'll destroy Sin Cara or something, which would be pointless.

Feed him someone like Kane or Big Show who are seen to be big names no matter what they do. Job done.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭lucast2007us

Brock has lost every ppv since returning I see no change at WM the game will have to pull out "all the stops" to beat him but I have no doubt he will do it
    Every face will win at mania even Orton show and sheamus v shield!

Feed him someone like Kane or Big Show who are seen to be big names no matter what they do. Job done.

i actually don't agree.

people don't care enough about them.

he'll look mean and strong enough, granted. but he's not HHH, Cena or Rock. it won't have the impact. you'll still go "ah, but he lost to an actual top-tier guy last night".

do they have the guts to have him destroy Rocky the night after he loses at Wrestlemania? that'd set things up nicely.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Loathe Him
    Brock has lost every ppv!

He beat HHH, didn't he?

In fact, isn't he 1 win, 1 loss?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

Loathe Him
    Can I also ask why everyone is saying HHH will 100% beat Brock? There is no guarantee of the result. It's the result that makes the most sense ATM seems to be the line throw out...but imagine it Brock wins and Vince gets into a huge panic and watches as Brock spends the year destroying his roster. Come Summerslam he gets The Rock but to no result. He reasiles only one man can silence the beast, just in time for Wrestlemania 30, Undertaker

1) WWE is, and always will be, a face company. especially at WM.

2) it's HHH.

3) it makes sense, and storyline-wise, probably should happen.

4) it's HHH.

Atari Jaguar!
    2) it's HHH.

4) it's HHH.

This :P

There is no way HHH is losing 2 matches in a row to the same person.

This is the same man that beat Punk in 2011 (when Punk was well on his way to being the next big star in the company behind Cena) when the proper thing would have been to put Punk over.

He hasn't changed his ways in my IMO

This :P

There is no way HHH is losing 2 matches in a row to the same person.

tbf, he did for Batista - 3 matches in a row.

but that was as a heel, and against his workout buddy.

also, this would be a Summerslam, then a Wrestlemania loss, as a face.

Loathe Him
    i actually don't agree.

people don't care enough about them.

he'll look mean and strong enough, granted. but he's not HHH, Cena or Rock. it won't have the impact. you'll still go "ah, but he lost to an actual top-tier guy last night".

do they have the guts to have him destroy Rocky the night after he loses at Wrestlemania? that'd set things up nicely.

Would it be too soon though if you're building for a match 12 months away? Surely then you'd have to keep Rock off TV for 11 months as you'd imagine he'd want to deal with the Brock situation straight away on his return.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,081 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

1) WWE is, and always will be, a face company. especially at WM.

2) it's HHH.

3) it makes sense, and storyline-wise, probably should happen.

4) it's HHH.

Yeah but Rock-Cena is the main event and everyone young or old has a horse there. Punk-Taker is almost a forgone conclusion of a face win. I'd say ADR-Swagger is in the air, leaves the Shield match and Brock-HHH. I feel that there is a big heel win somewhere on the card, could just be Ziggler though. Brock is a monster draw and could sell one of the PPVs that Rock is MIA for on his own and I'm not sure they can afford to not have him be the biggest draw possible.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭GRMA

They might fudge finish somewhat, Brock breaks his arm when there is no ref, Vince comes out as a distraction and hhh capitalises on that somehow - hhh wins but Brock still looks a beast cause he walks out and hhh goes to hospital.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement