Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The "I HATE TRIPLE H" MEGA bashing thread 2016 RE-OPEN

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Atari Jaguar!
    I'd love to see what HHH can (still) do if they stripped away his crutches - his HiaC match with Taker was afforded all of the storyline drama/ near falls (Something Jericho/Punk weren't given) and immediate brawls to the outside. To be honest I don't mind that H is obviously winning so much as the SummerSlam match was really boring. It was 10 mins of booking stretched out to 30. I assume they'll have a blow-off rubber match either at EC or SummerSlam 2013. I'd hope the rematch is much better but I'm not really given hope to think so. I'd absolutely love it if they added the Lion's Den match as a stip. it'd force them to have a unique and tightly booked match. They need to do more than kick out of each other's finishers!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

GRMA wrote: »
    They might fudge finish somewhat, Brock breaks his arm when there is no ref, Vince comes out as a distraction and hhh capitalises on that somehow - hhh wins but Brock still looks a beast cause he walks out and hhh goes to hospital.

Ref bump, Brock goes to town on HHH's arm with a chair or whatever, Vince or Steph run out, Brock goes after them as a new ref arrives, HHH gets the win. Brock goes bananas and kicks the bejesus out of him, someone else runs out for the save setting up Brocks next feud. Brock looks beastly, HHH is out for a while but gets his honour win.

or Brock will lose to a crotch chop and pedigree clean, whatever they come up with on the day :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,081 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

jaykhunter wrote: »
    I'd love to see what HHH can (still) do if they stripped away his crutches - his HiaC match with Taker was afforded all of the storyline drama/ near falls (Something Jericho/Punk weren't given) and immediate brawls to the outside. To be honest I don't mind that H is obviously winning so much as the SummerSlam match was really boring. It was 10 mins of booking stretched out to 30. I assume they'll have a blow-off rubber match either at EC or SummerSlam 2013. I'd hope the rematch is much better but I'm not really given hope to think so. I'd absolutely love it if they added the Lion's Den match as a stip. it'd force them to have a unique and tightly booked match. They need to do more than kick out of each other's finishers!

Brock was really out of shape back then I think, he looks a lot better now and should be able to put on a better match.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

How is Brock's health these days anyway? I don't really follow MMA so only heard he had some severe illness a while back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

I've warmed to the guy over the past few years as he seems to genuinely have the best interests of the business at heart (bar Punk jobbing to him).

But his promo last week reminded me why I used to have nothing but disdain for the guy. The aura of smugness off of it was infuriating as the guy is clearly beside himself with joy that Brock will be jobbing to him at WM.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,154 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

No way Brock is doing anything he doesn't want to do at Mania after the Cena thing. If Brock is okay with the match at Mania I have no idea why so many people are annoyed by the potential Triple H win.

oh yeah back on topic - erm. That Triple H Fella he is such a meanie.

Atari Jaguar!
    Liam O wrote: »
    Brock was really out of shape back then I think, he looks a lot better now and should be able to put on a better match.

I don't think I can accept 'out of shape' as an excuse for awful booking for SummerSlam 2012 considering he put on a blinder with Cena at Extreme Rules a few months prior.

Sticking with Triple H, I've no problem with him winning (I expect it, why else would there be a rematch besides the selfish need to get his win back) but I hope he actually puts together an entertaining, compelling match.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭Ando's Saggy Bottom

Loathe Him
    I don't really get why people get so hung up on who wins a match. As long as its a good watch generally Im happy.

I don't really get why people get so hung up on who wins a match. As long as its a good watch generally Im happy.
    It's about building someone. Brock should be built up as an unstoppable beast, especially given the money they've spent on him to sign him for 2 more years. Triple H beating Brock does nothing for the long term product, while it will damage Brock.

I honestly hope NY/NJ boo the **** out of "Haitch".

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,154 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

It's about building someone. Brock should be built up as an unstoppable beast, especially given the money they've spent on him to sign him for 2 more years. Triple H beating Brock does nothing for the long term product, while it will damage Brock.

It won't really damage him though.

Take 'real' fighting, did losing to Mir damage Brock? Nope, the second time they fought saw UFC biggest buy rate ever as far as I know.

Lesner was on the card for 7 fights in UFC. He was in 5 of UFCs top 14 selling ppv's ever and 4 of the top 6.

Building a guy is not all about who wins, its really about promotion. No matter what Brock is earning big money and will be promoted well.

• Advertisement

Loathe Him

Lesnar doesn't need building. He has a career in both PW and MMA that gives him a status in fans eyes that won't be diminished by losing at Mania. He is beyond one off defeats mattering at this stage.

It will hurt him because over the next two years he should be used to build younger stars like Punk. Punk beating a Lesnar that has lost to both HHH and Cena lessens the achievement.

Loathe Him
    It will hurt him because over the next two years he should be used to build younger stars like Punk. Punk beating a Lesnar that has lost to both HHH and Cena lessens the achievement.
    Most people won't even remember the Mania result in a few months. I had go check in Google the other day who won the HHH/Lesnar original bout. You are way overthinking things. Lesnar is booked so seldom and is such a big name that get can easily lose to guys like Hunter and still have his aura.

Most people won't even remember the Mania result in a few months. I had go check in Google the other day who won the HHH/Lesnar original bout. You are way overthinking things. Lesnar is booked so seldom and is such a big name that get can easily lose to guys like Hunter and still have his aura.
    If you're watching anyway regularly, you should know who won that. I mean that's the whole *point* of this rematch. The burial of burials wants his win back, even though he never gave Punk his win back. :rolleyes:

Loathe Him
    If you're watching anyway regularly, you should know who won that. I mean that's the whole *point* of this rematch. The burial of burials wants his win back, even though he never gave Punk his win back. :rolleyes:
    All you've proven here is what I've suspected all along - that all this whining is good old Hunter bashing rather than some kind of faux concern for Lesnar's aura or what's right for business. At least be honest about it like.

PS Stick your rolleyes up yer bollox.

Smiley wasn't directed at you, it was directed at the hypocrisy of HHH i.e. he *must* get his win back against Lesnar yet one of the hottest superstars of right now doesn't need his win back against HHH.

This IS being concerned about the business, especially given the very real argument that Punk jobbing against HHH and the feud abruptly ending actually hurt Punk's momentum as the new major face.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

Don't mind Triple H, but I have to laugh when he always talk about being a student of the game and always doing what's right for business. Yeah, its easy to do what's right for business when that means they win all the time. Same with Undertaker.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Loathe Him
    Smiley wasn't directed at you, it was directed at the hypocrisy of HHH i.e. he *must* get his win back against Lesnar yet one of the hottest superstars of right now doesn't need his win back against HHH.

This IS being concerned about the business, especially given the very real argument that Punk jobbing against HHH and the feud abruptly ending actually hurt Punk's momentum as the new major face.

Punk coming back a whole week after saying he was leaving with the title hurt his mommentum and credability more then losing to HHH.Also the fact that he's completely unsuitable in a babyface role didn't help either,he was never going to catch fire and become the the next John Cena.

It makes complete and utter sense in storyline/wrestling terms for HHH to beat Lesnar at Mania.It's wrestling not some subtle art house film FFS.

I agree Punk coming back so soon didn't help, but that loss to HHH truly compounded things. I have to disagree though on the claim that Punk can't carry the company as a face as there was a moment where he was outselling Cena in merchandise.

Re: Trips, I could care less about the storyline, the storyline of Brock injuring Vince has merely been constructed so Trips can get his win back. But Trips getting his win back doesn't actually do *anything* for the business as Trips will go back to doing nothing, while Brock will go on to further feuds looking weaker.

I agree Punk coming back so soon didn't help, but that loss to HHH truly compounded things. I have to disagree though on the claim that Punk can't carry the company as a face as there was a moment where he was outselling Cena in merchandise.

Re: Trips, I could care less about the storyline, the storyline of Brock injuring Vince has merely been constructed so Trips can get his win back. But Trips getting his win back doesn't actually do *anything* for the business as Trips will go back to doing nothing, while Brock will go on to further feuds looking weaker.

But it will help increase the buys at WrestleMania, which is what its all about and one of the main reasons they brought Brock back in the first place. Same with HHH, Undertaker and The Rock.

• Advertisement

And what will it do for the long term? Not a lot, I actually vaguely recall that Vince was disappointed with the buys for last year's WM which had a similar strategy of booking main events that weren't actually going to have any real pay off in the long term.

There are 11 other months of the year to build stars. WrestleMania is about putting on the best show possible as its the most important show of the year financially. That means getting out all the big guns. Last year's one was their highest-selling PPV ever so I doubt he was disappointed with the buyrate.

Atari Jaguar!
    I agree with your sentiment Primal Nut, WM is not the time to build stars, it's for built stars to shine. It's a business decision. WWE PPVs in general do poorly the rest of the year. But small correction - last year's didn't outdraw Trump's WM23 (1.14m). You might be thinking of the ridiculously inflated wild first estimate of 1.9 million.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Loathe Him
    Thing is it also strikes me that this year, there's plenty of matches there for the undercard.

You've got three new guys in The Shield getting a big Mania match against some of the top guys in the business. You've got Punk being rewarded with a match usually reserved for the higher echelons. Ryback is likely going to get a Mania moment against Henry (when/if he lifts Henry for the Shellshock, the crowd will go nuts; they NEED to keep the spot until Mania though). That's probably the five largest growing stars of the last 12 months being given huge spots on the card.

Meanwhile, Bryan/Kane and Ziggler/Big E could be a phenomenal undercard match. Jericho/Miz/Barrett if they do it could be really good as well.

Realistically, who is being left off the card as things stand that have earned a spot on it over the last 12 months? Who is Brock vs HHH bumping that deserves the light shone on them so brightly? The likes of The Usos or JTG can't complain about not getting a Mania payday if they've not been getting on the shows for the 11 months previously...

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Horsebox9000

Atari Jaguar!
    Also with regards to the HHH vs Punk match. While HHH may have won he made punk look damn strong! If I recall correctly Punk kicked out of a few pedigrees and trips needed the help of Kevin Nash to get the win over Punk.

I don't think that match done any damage to anyones credibility or star power, it was more so the stupid storyline with regards to text messages which killed the momentum.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Reebrock

Yeah, that stupid text messahe thig was a drag - and the payoff had nothing to do with Punk, he was just a middle man in the storyline.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Loathe Him
    i love HHH

oh sorry wrong thread

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

Haven't watched wrestling in years but marrying the boss's daughter was a great achievement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

I completely forgot he took on Punk years ago, had to google it. But I think if he were to beat Lesnar in a MMA rules match it might hurt lesnar but in a normal match it wouldn't make a difference BUT please leave the retarded sledgehammer at home, what a dopey prop that is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Loathe Him
    Where did the MMA rules match rumour come from?

I'd really doubt Vince would okay such a match,especially at Mania tbh.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement