Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The "I HATE TRIPLE H" MEGA bashing thread 2016 RE-OPEN

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

He comes across as a decent guy in the new dvd it has to be said

9bizpg.jpg

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Atari Jaguar!
    Oh I laughed way too hard and too much at that!!

Edge's ice cold burn on WWE.com based Triple H's comments on Raw about him, Jericho and Daniel Bryan on Raw:
    “When you look back on WWE’s history, how many guys really were “the guy”? There was Bruno Sammartino, then Hulk Hogan, Steve Austin, The Rock and now John Cena. Then again, does Triple H like guys with long hair that are better looking and more athletic than him? Probably not. And I think the three of us fall into that category

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

FYI, this thread will be locked on Tuesday for a few days until the dust has settled on Mania.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Atari Jaguar!
    Locking up the ''I HATE TRIPLE H'' thread ahead of the inevitable **** storm if he beats Daniel Bryan @ WRESTLEMANIA XXX

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Loathe Him
    Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Locking up the ''I HATE TRIPLE H'' thread ahead of the inevitable **** storm if he beats Daniel Bryan @ WRESTLEMANIA XXX

He won't.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Atari Jaguar!
    Moneymaker wrote: »
    He won't.

He might. Don't rule it out. The Bryan HHH match could be the hook and bait for WM PPV and network orders but that doesn't mean there isn't a bait and switch coming.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

This Bryan winning the title thing reminds me a LOT of the Rumble build up. I'm hoping for the best (title win) but expecting the worse (lose to Triple H and that's that).

The fact that Bryan is getting married shortly after is making me lean towards Batista leaving with the belt. Bryan will likely want time off for a honey moon. The WWE Champion cant exactly just take a few weeks off.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Atari Jaguar!
    As much as I want Bryan to win the belt, the idea of the internet exploding in hate if H beat him clean in the opener and ruined Christmas would be amazing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

This place would go mental

• Advertisement

Atari Jaguar!
    This place would go mental

Boards meltdown

• Registered Users Posts: 23,117 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Don't know about the rest of you but I'll be straight on the phone to Joe Duffy if such an injustice like Trips winning does take place.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Loathe Him
    Its the biggest draw for me on Mania right now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ape Lincoln

For me, Trips has had X-Pac heat since last year's Summerslam. I can't stand him nor anything he's been involved with. The Daniel Bryan beatdown was the first decent angle he's worked in a long time imo.

Bryan Alvarez noted recently how Trips is much more reactive to fans/the internet than Vince is. I agree it would be gas to see message boards light up like Christmas if Bryan gets beat and Evolution leave with the belt. They've already got me over a barrel for $10 per month so I suppose it diesn't matter if I watch the current stuff or not. "Don't like it, don't watch" ceases to he effective advice in response to criticism.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Just because it is tradition at this stage, this thread is locked until a few days after WM :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

So (well past the spoiler limit) HHH beating Sting then...

Really didn't see that one coming personally. Okay I know it's Trips and it's WWE burying "WCW" but I really thought Sting wouldn't have signed on if he knew that would happen. I hope they re-hab him and actually have him wrestle a bit before the next mania assuming he will face Taker there.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Atari Jaguar!
    It's almost as if WWE brought back Sting, only to have Triple H hammer the final final nail in the coffin of WCW - albeit 15 years later, the match was great from a nostalgia standpoint and that's it really.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Loathe Him
    The Review-a-Wai guys made a point along the lines that HHH nearly always loses at Mania, and if they want a "big match" next year with the Hollywood star that is The Rock, putting Rock against the guy who always loses isn't much of a draw. So I guess they sacrificed HHH to push that "HHH always books himself selfishly" angle in hopes it might put the result of a HHH/Rock match in doubt.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,635 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Atari Jaguar!
    I think it was a bit pathetic really from WWE/HHH, that they felt the need to win instead of having a legitimately good moment

And that handshake at the end just made Sting look like a total dweeb

• Registered Users Posts: 36,134 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

i don't think it was a HHH call.

it had all the hallmarks of Vince making the point that WWE is better than WCW.

he's a man for grudges don't you know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Loathe Him
    SlickRic wrote: »
    i don't think it was a HHH call.

it had all the hallmarks of Vince making the point that WWE is better than WCW.

he's a man for grudges don't you know.

id agree here that it was a vince call especially with the commentary during the match but the handshake was hhhs call to try give sting some respect which vince through commentary wasnt giving him

• Registered Users Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭bur

I knew when i seen those paddypower odds, and i still bet anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Hercule

Atari Jaguar!
    Could have been booked better, fully expected a Ric Flair interference after HBK appeared to turn the tide.

He looked like a total knob in his terminator getup too - It looked like one of the marvel iron man/hulk/spiderman glove/helmet toys they sell to kids every summer - Production value was below where it needed to be + the fact it was a sunny evening took a lot away from it.

Legit pissed at Triple H disowning the term buried. When he wrote the textbook.

https://twitter.com/cagesideseats/status/591619517626847232

LOL at him using Jarrett's quote about "getting" Wrestling too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

Loathe Him
    Lads, I have one thing to say about Triple H

NXT

Whatever you think of the guy as a wrestler or as an on-screen character, he fcuking loves the business. He wants to see it do better than it is (there is a reason Rollins was chose over Ambrose and it wasn't Vince). Jimmy Jacobs is a Triple H signing and a massive indication of the fact that Vince is finally releasing some power, the curses (mostly bitch, but still) is a sign Vince is releasing power. I am a firm believer that when Trips comes to power (when Vince dies unfortunately, because Vince is to ego-driven to ever stop) WWE will be better for it. I have always appreciated HHH as a performer but as the guy running the show? He is going to be fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

mrkiscool2 wrote: »
    Jimmy Jacobs is a Triple H signing

Is Jacobs still an active wrestler or retired?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Atari Jaguar!
    What was the logic behind handing Triple H the WHC in 2002? Heat maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Atari Jaguar!
    He's Triple H. He got similar treatment being given titles to how Shawn Michaels got losing them.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭duuuaaaane

What was the logic behind handing Triple H the WHC in 2002? Heat maybe?

It was to establish the man rather than the Championship. Which at the time made perfect sense. The week before Brock Lesnar was THE man in WWE, but signed an exclusive contract to Smackdown and took the WWE Undisputed Championship with him, now RAW was without both a main man and a championship.

So if you were to have a tournament or a match for the new World Championship, you establish a title but no defining main guy. So establish Triple H as your guy, RAW's Brock Lesnar, and he'll make the title.

From late 2002 until mid 2005, Triple H was the man. People like to paint it with the brush of him 'keeping others down', which is such a ridiculous argument when you break it down.

There was a lack of true main event stars opposite of Triple H for a long time. After Triple H was awarded the title he had PPV feuds with babyface Kane (now more human and less monster than ever) & Rob Van Dam. Two great guys but at that time and place neither World Champion material.

He then dropped the belt (clean) to Shawn Michaels before winning it back a month later, Michaels didn't feel like he was back full time until early the following year and didn't feel comfortable as Champion, even at 'Mania he had to beat Chris Jericho with a roll up. So made sense to put the belt back on Triple H.

Triple H then entered PPV feuds with Scott Steiner and Booker T, very low key feuds and like Kane & RVD before, although considered top guys, neither were World Champion material at the time. He then went on to work multiple events with Kevin Nash, who had credibility was his best years were behind him.

Triple H then dropped the belt (clean) to Goldberg who was a flop as a champ, he got initial cheers for audiences excited to see him in WWE but never made further connection or effort to do so with the fans, so Triple H took the belt back.

Triple H dropped the title (clean tap out at 'Mania) to Chris Benoit who didn't have what was needed to be Champion on RAW, should of happened on Smackdown so they moved the belt to Randy Orton who's momentum was ruined when they killed his entire gimmick by making him a babyface - and then to save the ratings, had to put it back on Triple H, not a burial, it was bad booking for Orton and they needed a quick fix. Triple H, made sense, ratings went back to normal.

He then put over quick-push-to-the-top and first time Champ Batista at WrestleMania and proceeded to put him over clean for months but when Batista couldn't get that live RAW crowd over, they needed to change things and thankfully, had found a new guy who could in John Cena and essentially swapped Cena & Batista on the roster, allowing Triple H to then take a step out and take time off for injuries dating back to 2002.

Nothing to do with ego or burying people. Triple H carried RAW for nearly 3 years before Cena arrived. The Rock, Steve Austin, Brock Lesnar all left. Undertaker had to carry Smackdown and Triple H carried RAW. There wasn't much top talent out there.

Sure there was Batista, Eddie Guerrero, JBL, Chris Benoit, Kane, Rob Van Dam... but none of those people you could hang the companies name off - no matter how good some of them are in the ring.

Question answered short. They needed a man to build RAW around, not a title, so giving him the title built the man and it worked... for 3 whole years.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

Wow thats some heavy WWE revisionist history

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement