Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The "I HATE TRIPLE H" MEGA bashing thread 2016 RE-OPEN

Options
  • 31-03-2009 5:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭

Guys, as you are aware, this is THE Triple H bashing thread.

NDVD_009.jpg

Love him? Loathe him? Indifferent?

Lets face it.. its pretty much a constant undercurrent when WWE is discussed, the power of HHH in wwe.

Figured Id throw this up to get some fresh discussion on it.

Personally, Iv never had any problem with the guy... a few ropey angles maybe, but other than that, iv always enjoyed him on my tv.

Vote AND give an opinion!! haha 172 votes

Love him
    0%
    Loathe Him
    56%
    Mossy MonkThe_Bullmansuper_furryV9a-holeCianan2The BulldlofnepSe7enJazzythemacdaddyjohnnysmackcute_cowDSBLord TSCLeoGillyBubs1018k2q1gfcz9s5d4Dancormenoscemo 98 votes
    Atari Jaguar!
    43%
    [Deleted User]wintear[Deleted User]big sykejoe123pwwilliaMr.Nice GuyHerculemirwillbebackGhostInTheRuinsGerard.CRed CrowKid NothingbluemachaveliDozen Wicked WordsRjd2A-TrainCHDjeffkglenjamin 74 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭john concannon

He is a boring wrestler. He has nothing going for him except for a marriage. He doesn't have to do anything good because he will always be in the title hunt

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Loathe Him
    boring?

i definitely dont think hes boring, i agree he could probably do with some form of new gimmick to add the interest he could generate back in 01-02.

I think HHH is at his BEST when hes lording it over everybody. I think its a great angle to work faces with. When HHH appears to be the strongest around (not physically) the public backing of his wife, decisions thrown in his favour etc..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,599 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

I'm at the point where I don't care for him. but from 99-01 he was at his ultimate best, and had an awesome series with Flair in 2005. He's much better as a heel too.

So yeah... Atari Jaguar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭michael.etc...

Loathe Him
    He is a boring wrestler. He has nothing going for him except for a marriage. He doesn't have to do anything good because he will always be in the title hunt

Absolute nonsense.
    At the end of the day, your average WWE fan loves Triple H- and he remains over as either a heel or a face. He's one of the very few full-timers they have who is genuninely accepted as a star, and as such gets some of the biggest reactions night in, night out. His merchandise sells by the truck-load, and he's a better public representative for the company than motor-mouths such as Batista and Cena. He's done alot of "good" stuff in the ring, contrary to what you believe.
    I'd say he has alot going for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,973 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Triple H hate is a lot like Jarrett hate.

I don't understand either.

• Advertisement

Triple H hate is a lot like Jarrett hate.

Anyone else seeing the irony here? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,341 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

fine talent in late 1990s, one of the best workers in the company at the time, reponsible for some of wwe best matches during the attitude era

today a shell of his former self at 40, gone insane with power, nowhere near the draw he once was (smackdown ratings don't lie, cm punk generated bigger numbers while he was champ on raw compared to HHH in the weeks previous :o) i fear that in ten years time without divorce or injury he will still be booked as strong as he is today.

what should he be doing?? he should be putting over the younger talent at least some of the time, he hasn't put anyone over strong since cena in april 2006 :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Atari Jaguar!
    Yeah what rossie said basically.

He was at one point the hottest heel in wrestling but over the years he's used his influence to set himself up for the goal of beating Flair's record of title wins, falsely believing this will cement himself as a legend. In my eyes he will always be nothing more than a good, occasionally great wrestler, who ruined his legacy by attempting to construct it himself.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Would jeff hardy have been as believable a champion without his association with HHH in his build up to winning the title? I mean would he be ragarded as main event if he had feuded with someone else?

Having a guy like HHH around helps establish guys as main event by sharing screen time. In my opinion if he puts everyone over then that ability goes, and goes fast.

Yeah what rossie said basically.

He was at one point the hottest heel in wrestling but over the years he's used his influence to set himself up for the goal of beating Flair's record of title wins, falsely believing this will cement himself as a legend. In my eyes he will always be nothing more than a good, occasionally great wrestler, who ruined his legacy by attempting to construct it himself.

In a shocking statement to many here.
    But i actually agree with a lot of what MNG says here, although he had a massive opportunity to turn it all around in 05-06 which he has blown since his return from injury two years ago.

I don't think he's hell bent on beating Flairs record, as even he knows he's not Ric and never will be, And will never be considered the second coming of Flair.

But for everything else, i do agree.
    However everyone bitching about it on a weekly basis isn't going to do anything about it either, except give those reading it a migraine headache.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,646 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

I have only one real problem with HHH. I neither loathe nor love the guy and hes obviously good at his job one of the best (but def not the best) but he is almost never in lesser non title feuds, like Cena was with JBL or HBK with Mr.Kennedy for example. This leads to us getting sick of the same old same old in the main event scene and feeling like we have been over-exposed to the game and despite appreciating how good he is, the fans are often happy if he gets injured and has to take time off, just b'cos it means the title scene will be freshened up with new feuds most likely.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Atari Jaguar!
    I will never warm to him, as he simply has held to may careers back when they were on the brink of stardom. RVD was n fire when he was jobbed out to Hunter, Kane had finally regained that spark when Hunter blocked from the main event. Now I know his fans may sneer at these two but people these were both insanely over when Hunter killed their pushes,. Now then lets begin this talk with Booker T.
    The feud they had back in 2003 was a disgrace, Booker on fire at the top was made to look like ****, and the climax to their match at mania remains one of the most disgraceful finishes you will see for a long time. For those who don’t remember Hunter took nearly half a minute to pin Booker which killed Bookers momentum and took him years to regain.
    Then we shall fast forward to Cena at Mania in 2006. Hunter the heel in there feud in the build up showed no interest in getting Cena cheers which was a total no no for a heel.Cena was made to look beneath him and even in the match Hunter done little to get the crowd behind Cena. The biggest disgrace to this was of course he had politicked his way into the match, Edge who was in the form of his life should have been in the match, at least he would have got the crowd like Cena which he proved he could do superbly later that year.
    Now then lets analyse his return, first thing he killed Booker in a squash match at Summerslam which was to be synonymous with what was to come. The night he buried five guys for no reason including the tag champions made no sense storyline wise except to boost Hunters ego. Then he turned Carlito a decent upper card heel into a total jobber, in the space of a few weeks. The guy was one of the more promising heels in the roster, but Hunter killed his momentum and its he is only beginning to recover from this burial. He has admitted this himself in interviews. We look at the brutal 2008 title reign which was terrible, the crap matches with Khali, the fact that Cena and Edge for some unknown reason were jobbed out to him to sooth his massive ego. Then of course he destroyed Umanga over and over.
    I should mention Orton his most disgraceful burial.....
    2004, Orton has the title for a mere month before he has to job out to Hunter for months.
    2006 Orton and Edge were buried by DX, at least HBK earned some redemption by putting Orton over clean in 2007
    2007 Hunter was it again, he ruined the night when Orton regained the title by pinning him 30 minutes after he got it.
    2008 Just when Orton’s run with her belt had taken off, Hunter buried him in three consecutive PPVS.
    Since Backlash 2006, Hunter has not been pinned with a finisher in a PPV, he lost twice last year on TV which was a result of interference. it’s the manner of his victories as well which leave a sick taste in the mouth, Cena tries always to make his opponents look good while Hunter destroys them.
    Rosie has nailed it yet again the mans power has gone to his head.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Atari Jaguar!
    DM-ICE wrote: »
    Would jeff hardy habe been as believable a champion without his association with HHH in his build up to winning the title? I mean would he be ragarded as main event if he had feuded with someone else?

Yes. Remember the Orton/Jeff feud when Jeff was super over (too bad he f*cked it up but anyway)
    DM-ICE wrote:
    Having a guy like HHH around helps establish guys as main event by sharing screen time. In my opinion if he puts everyone over then that ability goes, and goes fast.

Sharing screen time?! That's a laugh. The guy purposely takes up as much time as he can and isn't afraid to push people aside for his own benefit. Case in point Edge in 2006 having his brilliant heel run stopped so HHH could take on Cena.

I can't believe anyone can think this insecure, self-absorbed tool is primarily interested in establishing guys. Look at his obsession with being in title matches at Mania. Not even Hogan can match this guy's ego.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

This is a good post.

Just to be clear I don't believe he is interested in establishing anyone.

I do believe having a guy like HHH can help establish people by association alone.

Carlito and RVD were disliked by HHH so he buried em. RVD was a pot head (Rumoured)and carlito was in love with himself (Rumoured) neither wre going to be good for business with the attitudes they had.

Orton also had attitude problems (Rumoured). Is at all possible, just a little possible that HHH was used, allowed, bring these guys back to earth before getting to over with fans butting themselves in a position where their bad attitudes could harm the Company?

Booker T was WCW. HHH burying him initally was as much to do with WWE attitudes towards WCW stars. The secong time was as Booker wanted out, (Bury him like TNA did with Christian before he left)

Is HHH not the guy who allowed Batista to beat him 3 PPVs in a row. Okay he was his buddy and all but Batista proved himself thrustworthy through attitude and work ethic.

Jeff Hardy made mistakes recently but his attitude afterwords proved he was serious about the business so HHH by association helped him be main event (I am not saying this was HHHs decision).

Just few months ago he was on TV with MVP as a tester to see if MVP could be main event while MVP was in alosing streak. If MVP wins MITB like many want it is beacuse Vince put him on TV with HHH and held his own screen presence. How can this not a benefit to the company?

As i have said in another thread He is not God but he's ceratinly not the Devil Either.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

I'm not a big fan of him, but most of the audience is. I think that he's been great recently though. The reaction to him on Raw this week was amazing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭brick tamland

I voted Atari Jaguar. He's pissing me off the last while but that being said I think he's much better as a heel than a face

Atari Jaguar!
    How many times did MVP pin Hunter? The feud that MVP had with Batista done more for young Porter than Hunter killing him last year. Their was rumours that he and Benjamin were complaining backstage about how hunter was burying them so I doubt they share your goodwill to the man. The idea that helped MVP is HHH propeganda of the worst kind.
    Nobody suggested that Carlito win their feud but at least he should have been presented as some sort of threat. Cena was willing to, that burial he got in 2007 set him back a year.
    I don’t recall Orton having behaviour problems last year, that still did not stop Hunter burying him. You wonder why Orton has bitched about him in interviews?
    I still don’t know how people say putting RVD over when he was the most popular sup0erstar in the business would have been bad business.
    HBK and Orton done just as much for Jeff that Hunter did, if Hunter was so keen on him he would have jobbed to him decisively but heh he put over Batista clean in 2005 so he is great. :rolleyes:
    Thank god Cena does not share his insecurities or the company would be ****ed.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,341 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Atari Jaguar!
    Even back in 2004 when they were trying to give Shelton Benjamin a lift..He beat Hunter twice but they were both by countout :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭michael.etc...

Loathe Him
    callaway92 wrote: »
    Even back in 2004 when they were trying to give Shelton Benjamin a lift..He beat Hunter twice but they were both by countout :(

Shelton actually pinned HHH in his Raw debut.

Atari Jaguar!
    Raw 15th anniversary show which in my opinion he ruined. He came out at the start of the night and was involved in the McMahon family segment but then came out again for both a DX reunion (How many DX reunions has there been at this stage) and an evolution reunion. But it wasn't like these segments (and evolution match) went on for 1 or 2 Min's, they were around 15-20 Min's each so it took up 1/3 of the whole anniversary show.

Since 2000 hes been in 5 Wrestlemania main events (Should have been 6 but he was injured for 23 and he'll add to the list on Sunday) and even when he wasn't in the main event he was involved in world title matches at the rest (except for WM 17)

He's close to breaking Flairs world title record.

None of these things would have happened if he wasn't in a position of power.

So as you can probably gather I don't like him.

• Advertisement

Rjd2 wrote: »
    How many times did MVP pin Hunter? The feud that MVP had with Batista done more for young Porter than Hunter killing him last year. Their was rumours that he and Benjamin were complaining backstage about how hunter was burying them so I doubt they share your goodwill to the man. The idea that helped MVP is HHH propeganda of the worst kind.
    Nobody suggested that Carlito win their feud but at least he should have been presented as some sort of threat. Cena was willing to, that burial he got in 2007 set him back a year.
    I don’t recall Orton having behaviour problems last year, that still did not stop Hunter burying him. You wonder why Orton has bitched about him in interviews?
    I still don’t know how people say putting RVD over when he was the most popular sup0erstar in the business would have been bad business.
    HBK and Orton done just as much for Jeff that Hunter did, if Hunter was so keen on him he would have jobbed to him decisively but heh he put over Batista clean in 2005 so he is great. :rolleyes:
    Thank god Cena does not share his insecurities or the company would be ****ed.

You don't like Hunter, is that fair? In truth I don't like some of the stuff he has done either.

I mentioned MVPs time with HHH on screen, that was outside any feuds. Vince often puts guys together on the show for one night outside any feud as testers. I was referring to the night MVP beat Big show to end the streak and HHH got into the rumble.

Hunter is around along time. Young guys always b1tch about the older wrestlers and the old guys say the younger guys have no respect. I don't really believe a lot of the moaning done by either side is justified. Older guys always protect their spots as they know they won't be around forever, believe they have earned their positions and need to protect the top spots to protect the big money they earn.

Still think alot of the grounding work he has done was justified (For example in my opinion RVD couldn't have completed the work load a champ is expected to uphold in WWE).

Hunter is no saint, if he was gone i wouldn't complain. But if he was gone someone else would get that spot. I'm taking my medicine on this one and trying to see the positives inside it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

Loathe Him
    My only problem with HHH is that he is always in the title picture - he is a good worker in the ring, can get a decent match from even bad workers (Batista comes to mind) - always good on the mic

JP Liz wrote: »
    My only problem with HHH is that he is always in the title picture - he is a good worker in the ring, can get a decent match from even bad workers (Batista comes to mind) - always good on the mic

It's not so much that he's always in there, he takes a year off now and again, but it's a case of one year off, three years in.

Which would bore me with anyone. It bored me with Hogan so much in the 80s that by the time 1990 rolled around i was delighted that Warrior got it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,341 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Atari Jaguar!
    Cannot believe how many fúcking people said they love him ffs

callaway92 wrote: »
    Cannot believe how many fúcking people said they love him ffs

Calm down lad, everyone's entitled to their opinion just like you are yours

• Registered Users Posts: 11,341 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

its a pity the original plan for WM24 didn't happen :P

qyww2v.jpg

It's mad how most of them aren't on the roster anymore.
    Not sure how Triple H would have no sold the tank either :P

Atari Jaguar!
    rossie1977 wrote: »
    its a pity the original plan for WM24 didn't happen :P

qyww2v.jpg
    Oh crikey I recall that night, when Hunter went insane with the shovel. I mean beating Cade and Murdoch with the ****ing spinebuster was bad enough but then killing Kendrick and London after they made the save who like Hunter were faces was truly undefendable and made no sense at all.
    He destroyed Kendrick in the championship scramble last year just when he was beginning to develop nicely.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

DM-ICE wrote: »
    As i have said in another thread He is not God but he's ceratinly not the Devil Either.

This man is correct.

• Advertisement

Rjd2 wrote: »
    Oh crikey I recall that night, when Hunter went insane with the shovel. I mean beating Cade and Murdoch with the ****ing spinebuster was bad enough but then killing Kendrick and London after they made the save who like Hunter were faces was truly undefendable and made no sense at all.
    He destroyed Kendrick in the championship scramble last year just when he was beginning to develop nicely.:(

zzzZZZzzzz zzzzZZZZzzzz zzzZZZ wha whaa? Sh*t, is that the time already?
    Another thread and everyone is still bitching. I think a rename is in order.

Seeing as this has gone from open discussion to an excuse to just lay into HHH, let's just have an all out HHH bashing thread once and for all. So the usual suspects and get their vents out once and for all. Now here's the catch, all HHHaters can post their bashings all in here, no limits, no boundries. But no HHH bashing in the TV or PPV threads. A deal is a deal, and this way those who don't think he's the devil incarnate won't have to get headaches every week.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement