Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The "I HATE TRIPLE H" MEGA bashing thread 2016 RE-OPEN

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Where did the MMA rules match rumour come from?

I'd really doubt Vince would okay such a match,especially at Mania tbh.

Its apparently been discussed along with a HIAC match and probably something along the lines of a street fight.
    They had boxing matches at 2 manias with Butterbean so it wouldn't be a huge thing.
    Really think Rock vs Cena is the one that will need rest periods that and Ciano316.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

Loathe Him
    Where did the MMA rules match rumour come from?

I'd really doubt Vince would okay such a match,especially at Mania tbh.

Our over active imaginations I guess.

It's going to be stipulations that work in Brock's favour, so what does he have experience in doing that Triple H doesn't? MMA. Realistically it's more likely to be a regular street fight or no holds barred but MMA would be intriguing.

Plus Triple H beating Brock Lesnar in a MMA match is Vince sticking two fingers up at MMA.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Loathe Him
    True enough I suppose,would hate to see HHH/Brock in a MMA style match meself though,can't see it working.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

Loathe Him
    Yeah but it's Wrestlemania, it's about intriguing looking matches on paper that will sell the PPV. The quality of the matches is secondary, you'll have to wait for Extreme Rules for a better quality wrestling show!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Loathe Him
    Lesnar/Heyman getting the stip-rights does open a floodgate for fantasy-booking. Heyman getting the COO or a exec gig as a result of a Lesnar win opens up a lot of room to play with the post-WM/Summer window; roster-wide consequences and whatnot. I can see money in HHH finally getting the drop on Lesnar at WM, only to be screwed in some fashion, and having to claw his way into another gimmick rematch come Summerslam, where he finally gets the 'W'.

There's no harm, Lesnar'd have 7 and a half months to rebuild. Well, not that he'd need to, but there'd be plenty of chance for some Brock savagery between SSlam '13 and WM30; get the ball rolling on whatever he's doing on Apr 6th.

Mind, a heel winning a marquee/event bout at 'Mania is pretty rare. HHH and Orton are the only ones that immediately spring to mind.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Raw Spoiler:
    Of the four Brock PPV matches THREE are with HHH

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

rovert wrote: »
    Raw Spoiler:
    Of the four Brock PPV matches THREE are with HHH

:eek:
    I wouldnt say their are many people who want to face him. He doesnt exactly seem careful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Time to bring this back from the ashes.

I really hate the fact that the Pedigree was made look so ridiculously strong at Summerslam. By all means, be in cahoots with Orton to do it, but it felt like the manoeuvre was made to look far too devastating with it flooring Bryan for so long.

Looks like he will be stinking up our screens again for quite some time. At least as a heel though. He is an insufferable face.

NwHvZN5.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 36,140 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

yup, no need for the Pedigree to look so strong whatsoever.

but there was no way he was letting Bryan kick out of it yet. sure he barely lets Cena kick out of it.

anyone remember WM24? Pedigree on Cena. 1.........2...........punt from Orton on Hunter. 1.............2..............3. and Hunter almost makes the save.

the lad must've been fully aware of his "ego" line in that Monday programme being the most ridiculous thing ever said on television.

• Advertisement

"Paul Michael Levesque[1] (born July 27, 1969),[4] better known by his ring name Triple H (an abbreviation of his character's full name, Hunter Hearst
    Helmsley), is an American professional wrestler, business executive, actor, former bodybuilder and Fúcking R*arded Massive Stupid Cùnt.
    Levesque currently works in the front office of WWE as the Executive Vice President of Talent and Live Events; he appears as Triple H on television as the chief operating officer and part-time wrestler."

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

I think HHH's real-life persona as an egotist, who always has to come out on top, buries people, tries to be center of attention, keeping down the younger up-and-comers, along with Vince's persona as someone only likes big, muscley guys is what makes this storyline so great. They are basically playing up to the image that many people have of them.

I've seen so many people (mostly on other forums) complain about what happened at the end of Summerslam; that HHH is stealing the spotlight, making the pedigree look like the strongest move of all time, while also burying Bryan because he doesn't like him, and even that Vince ordered the MITB cash-in because (in real life) he doesn't see Bryan as a future champion. That's exactly what they want people to think and what makes this storyline so real. And who are they up against - the guy everyone loves and sees as the ultimate underdog who has been held back for all the wrong reasons.

At a time when cheering the heels has become the thing to do, WWE has managed to fool many of the so-called "Smarks" into getting emotionally involved in a storyline and desparately wanting to see the face come out on top. Punk in 2011 was probably the last time that happened, although that wasn't a clear Face/Heel story.

They should keep it up by having HHH beat everyone on the roster (apart from Orton and Bryan) in the next few weeks. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭smellmepower

SlickRic wrote: »
    yup, no need for the Pedigree to look so strong whatsoever.

but there was no way he was letting Bryan kick out of it yet. sure he barely lets Cena kick out of it.

anyone remember WM24? Pedigree on Cena. 1.........2...........punt from Orton on Hunter. 1.............2..............3. and Hunter almost makes the save.

the lad must've been fully aware of his "ego" line in that Monday programme being the most ridiculous thing ever said on television.

Jesus,have you watched pro wrestling before?!

Bryan had just wrestled a 25 minute match with WWE's top guy,logically he'd be knackered.So him losing to the (shock horror!) one pedigree made perfect sense.

The ego line obviously got the desired effect out of you too.

Atari Jaguar!
    Keep the HHH compliments out of this thread :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Jesus,have you watched pro wrestling before?!

Bryan had just wrestled a 25 minute match with WWE's top guy,logically he'd be knackered.So him losing to the (shock horror!) one pedigree made perfect sense.

Yes, but 2 seconds before taking the pedigree, he was raring to go. Its not like he was visibly out on his feet.

Had he taken the Pedigree, Orton got the 2 count, then Orton RKO'd him or whatever, there would be no issue atall.

instead, HHHs finisher is portrayed as the all destroying, all conquering devastating manouevre which no man rises from.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,140 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

it did not make sense.

Cena wrestled in a Chamber in 06 for 40 minutes before Edge cashed in. he kicked out of a spear despite bleeding and being visibly destroyed.

there was a full 40 seconds, at least, between the pedigree and the pin. with HHH's move beating Bryan so decisively, you're basically making HHH the centre of the feud. even if Bryan had been dragged up for an RKO, at least Orton's move would have won it.

as i said, he was aware of the "ego" line, and I'm sure my reaction is exactly the effect he desired. it doesn't mean what I'm saying isn't true though.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Atari Jaguar!
    SlickRic wrote: »
    it did not make sense.

Cena wrestled in a Chamber in 06 for 40 minutes before Edge cashed in. he kicked out of a spear despite bleeding and being visibly destroyed.

But that was because Cena is superman....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

If they wanted it to be realistic, Bryan would have got up immediately after the pedigree and walked away. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭Ridley

Loathe Him
    gimmick wrote: »
    Yes, but 2 seconds before taking the pedigree, he was raring to go. Its not like he was visibly out on his feet.

Had he taken the Pedigree, Orton got the 2 count, then Orton RKO'd him or whatever, there would be no issue atall.

instead, HHHs finisher is portrayed as the all destroying, all conquering devastating manouevre which no man rises from.

I dunno, it works in heel Orton's favour that he didn't do anything to get the win, keeping the crowd firmly on Bryan's side.

Kayfabewise, the shock of Triple H's betrayal meant that Bryan had no time to cushion the blow so he was totally super knocked out. ;)

If they wanted it to be realistic, Bryan would have got up immediately after the pedigree and walked away. :p

Sid would of done it and it would of been amazing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Loathe Him
    I don't get the bitching about the Pedigree to Bryan tbh. I didn't think anything of it at the time as I was too busy frothing at the mouth 'BETRAYAL!!!'.

I'd rather they had D-Bryan do this however. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

Loathe Him
    It would have been better if Bryan started to get up and Randy punted him. HHH is at his best when people hate him.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,552 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Atari Jaguar!
    I love a bit of Super Hunter bashing as many know, but I don't understand the criticism about the finish to the Summerslam match.

Bryan had wrestled a long match and I can totally accept a pedigree being enough to keep him down for a 3 count.

Cena and Taker and maybe a few others I can't recall now have kicked out of finishers by MITB cash-ins, but this instance involved a heel turn. A kick out imo would have completely ruined the forcefulness of the turn. The moment was perfectly executed.

If you want to nitpick about guys being kept down by finishers, consider when HBK turned on Hogan and left him laying with the Super Kick: he stood over Hogan for about three minutes as Raw went off the air. Of course in many matches guys have actually kicked out of the Super Kick after a few seconds.

This is good storytelling imo rather than exposing the business.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Loathe Him
    I'd agree 100% with MNG.

I'd also add I find it funny how people are worried about Bryan looking strong when he had just pinned John Cena completely clean, something very, very few are allowed to do, and usually people on a different level to Bryan.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Atari Jaguar!
    I imagine it's because the instead of this being Bryan's spotlight, Triple H took it because the storyline is now put focus on "what will Triple H do?". Cena did Bryan a major solid in their match, but H booked himself staying in the ring throughout his win celebration and ended the show with all eyes on himself, masterminding Orton's win. So yeah, not happy with seeing H being a central part of RAW again.

Let's hope he doesn't turn on Orton and take his title, just cause.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

I love a bit of Super Hunter bashing as many know, but I don't understand the criticism about the finish to the Summerslam match.

Bryan had wrestled a long match and I can totally accept a pedigree being enough to keep him down for a 3 count.

Cena and Taker and maybe a few others I can't recall now have kicked out of finishers by MITB cash-ins, but this instance involved a heel turn. A kick out imo would have completely ruined the forcefulness of the turn. The moment was perfectly executed.

If you want to nitpick about guys being kept down by finishers, consider when HBK turned on Hogan and left him laying with the Super Kick: he stood over Hogan for about three minutes as Raw went off the air. Of course in many matches guys have actually kicked out of the Super Kick after a few seconds.

This is good storytelling imo rather than exposing the business.

It wouldn't have ruined it at all. Bryan kicking out would have made him look great and could have allowed Triple H to get pissed off and demand Orton finish the job. An RKO or Punt or anything really would have been enough. Instead, the Pedigree killed Bryan dead despite the fact that he was raring to go and challenging Orton to cash in.

Pedigree followed by a quick pin would have been fine too. Pedigree followed by 40 seconds of playing dead before the pin, is not fine. There are no two ways about it, Bryan looked like a bitch when the show ended and pretty much made people forget that he had just pinned Cena clean. All the focus was on Triple H.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Tramps Like Us

If anyones spotlight has been stolen it is Randy Ortons. I want to see how DB will get even with HHH, couldn't really care that much about Orton unless DB decides to get at HHH and co by winning the title again

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Tramps Like Us

He comes across as a decent guy in the new dvd it has to be said

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 621 ✭✭✭rude awakening

Atari Jaguar!

LOL I always laugh when I see this

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement