Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The "I HATE TRIPLE H" MEGA bashing thread 2016 RE-OPEN

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Loathe Him
    I love it when he buries some guys who were never going to make it to the top anyway and I can wake up the next morning and read this forum decreeing him the antichrist. He used to be amazing, he's still pretty good. Loves the business and for all the talk of him burying everyone the WWE have 3 stars they made since 2000. Cena, Orton and Batista. Coincidence that two of them got to develop with Hunter? I think not.

Also, as for the guy who used RVD, pothead and rumoured in the same sentence, seriously, there is no rumour, the dude loves weed

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Atari Jaguar!
    Bubs101 wrote: »
    the WWE have 3 stars they made since 2000. Cena, Orton and Batista. Coincidence that two of them got to develop with Hunter? I think not.

Also, as for the guy who used RVD, pothead and rumoured in the same sentence, seriously, there is no rumour, the dude loves weed

Cena was a superstar before he feuded with HHH my good man. The feud with Edge done more for Cena than his one with HHH.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,599 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Rjd2 wrote: »
    Cena was a superstar before he feuded with HHH my good man. The feud with Edge done more for Cena than his one with HHH.

You are joking me right? Cena was still a midcard scrub by the time the 2005 Royal Rumble came around! :P

Atari Jaguar!
    ShawnRaven wrote: »
    You are joking me right? Cena was still a midcard scrub by the time the 2005 Royal Rumble came around! :P

I am referring to the Cena v HHH feud at Mania, you could call Cena lots of things back then some unprintable but midcard scrub was not one of them?;)

What the **** is wrong with the poll SR? 7000 people hate him? I know me, rosie and MNG are amazing but are we that good?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Loathe Him
    HHH is cool in my books.

• Advertisement

I am referring to the Cena v HHH feud at Mania, you could call Cena lots of things back then some unprintable but midcard scrub was not one of them?;)

He was actually, his elevation was only starting to begin at Survivor Series the year before but injury sidelined it. Once he was the second last out of the Rumble and the lukewarm reception that Batista got for winning, only then did they start pushing it. Go back and watch it.
    What the **** is wrong with the poll SR? 7000 people hate him? I know me, rosie and MNG are amazing but are we that good?!

I'm guessing since the whole internet hates him, they must have discovered this poll.

Loathe Him

Learn how to count my good man. I will repeat. 2 out of Orton, Batista and Cena got to develop with Hunter and became stars. How you could assume I meant Cena I don't know

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Atari Jaguar!
    Seeing as this has gone from open discussion to an excuse to just lay into HHH, let's just have an all out HHH bashing thread once and for all. So the usual suspects and get their vents out once and for all. Now here's the catch, all HHHaters can post their bashings all in here, no limits, no boundries. But no HHH bashing in the TV or PPV threads. A deal is a deal, and this way those who don't think he's the devil incarnate won't have to get headaches every week.

Well by the same token can we have the HHH man-love stopped in this thread because I'm sure I'm not the only one sick of hearing people go on about how great he is for the business and for establishing 'stars'. (Yeah Botchtista's a real icon!)

Here's something to cheer the cool kids of the forum up. SuperHunter getting a taste of his own medicine...!

Ah the good old pre-Steph days!

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Registered Users Posts: 11,341 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

cena was easily the most over guy on smackdown during his heel rap gimmick run, thats why they turned him face, by the spring of 2004 he was probably the most over guy in the fed, at WM20 it was as clear as day this guy was already a superstar

rossie1977 wrote: »
    cena was easily the most over guy on smackdown during his heel rap gimmick run, thats why they turned him face, by the spring of 2004 he was probably the most over guy in the fed, at WM20 it was as clear as day this guy was already a superstar

Bit of an exaggeration there, my friend. There's a big difference between being over and and being a superstar.

• Advertisement

Well by the same token can we have the HHH man-love stopped in this thread ....<schnippppp>

Consider it done
    ALL TRIPLE H POSITIVITY TO BE TAKEN OVER TO... THATUDDERTHREAD!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,341 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

I'm sure I'm not the only one sick of hearing people go on about how great he is for the business and for establishing 'stars'. (Yeah Botchtista's a real icon!)
    i am meh about batista but one thing i have noticed when he is off screen, nobody misses him or seems to care that he is gone, ratings don't go down either

Atari Jaguar!
    Learn how to count my good man. I will repeat. 2 out of Orton, Batista and Cena got to develop with Hunter and became stars. How you could assume I meant Cena I don't know

You meant Orton??!! Is this the same Orton who has been his bitch the many times they have feuded since 2004?
    P.S I call lots of people my good man so I did not mean it in a patronising way!

Loathe Him
    You meant Orton??!! Is this the same Orton who has been his bitch the many times they have feuded since 2004?
    P.S I call lots of people my good man so I did not mean it in a patronising way!

No, it's the same Orton who he gave one of the best angles of the decade to with the thumbs down powerbomb

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Atari Jaguar!
    07.jpg

"Ow John, normally people's heads go up the other side..."

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

Atari Jaguar!
    No, it's the same Orton who he gave one of the best angles of the decade to with the thumbs down powerbomb

Yeah it was a great image I admit. The problem is if you look at Ortons career it is littered with yearly Hunter burials and my hunch is nothing will change sunday. Their was a reason that Orton wanted to move to Smackdown before the draft last year. ;)

Triple H entries for the caption game go in here now folks.
    You'll thank me for this later guys, trust me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Loathe Him
    my beautiful thread... has led to HHH segregation on boards... My god!!

leave for a few hours!! haha

my beautiful thread... has led to HHH segregation on boards... My god!!

leave for a few hours!! haha

Congratulations, you wanted to make an impact a few months back. Wish granted!
    Nah, this has been bugging me for a while, Triple H isn't the person people want heard defended when those who don't like him are there. And those who defend him are quick to receive bashings. So a split was the most logical. Especially as it was getting to the point when it was happening week after week. :)

Atari Jaguar!
    Congratulations, you wanted to make an impact a few months back. Wish granted!
    Nah, this has been bugging me for a while, Triple H isn't the person people want heard defended when those who don't like him are there. And those who defend him are quick to receive bashings. So a split was the most logical. Especially as it was getting to the point when it was happening week after week. :)

Thats fine but those who wanted to discuss him negatively got lots of snide comments as well. Myself,and the others are who were not fans had to put up with lots of abuse as well, sure most of it was fair and balanced( DM-ICE made some very good and balanced points) but to claim that Hunter fans were totally innocent and we were totally in the wrong is not fair.
    I honestly thought my Hunter stuff had been quite toned down recently.

• Advertisement

Thats fine but those who wanted to discuss him negatively got lots of snide comments as well. Myself,and the others are who were not fans had to put up with lots of abuse as well, sure most of it was fair and balanced( DM-ICE made some very good and balanced points) but to claim that Hunter fans were totally innocent and we were totally in the wrong is not fair.
    I honestly thought my Hunter stuff had been quite toned down recently.

I know both sides were getting the abuse, that's why i'm trying the split!
    In some cases, ignorance is bliss. So if you don't want to read about HHH positivity, don't go there!, If you don't wanna read HHH negativity, don't go there!

And it doesn't ruin every monday night, friday night and every PPV thread too. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Loathe Him
    no complaints here! i think its a savage idea!!

hopefully it WILL work though. youll have your work cut out to stop the threads crossing!!

hopefully it WILL work though. youll have your work cut out to stop the threads crossing!!

Not if everyone behaves themselves. :D
    And on that note... back on topic.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Love him or loathe him?

I have fallen into both camps, over the last 18 months or so, his "superhunter" feats have worn a bit thin for me, but then again he is not the only wrestler to have been portrayed in this manner and he will not be the last.

But if a wrestler can get a reaction of being loved or loathed, then he/she
    is doing something right as a strong reaction is being got from the fans and whatever character/storyline is being bought into.

Personally the worst thing that can happen is to experience apathy from the fans, at least if they hate you, then they still tune in to see if you lose.

Kess73 wrote: »
    Love him or loathe him?

I have fallen into both camps, over the last 18 months or so, his "superhunter" feats have worn a bit thin for me, but then again he is not the only wrestler to have been portrayed in this manner and he will not be the last.

But if a wrestler can get a reaction of being loved or loathed, then he/she
    is doing something right as a strong reaction is being got from the fans and whatever character/storyline is being bought into.

Personally the worst thing that can happen is to experience apathy from the fans, at least if they hate you, then they still tune in to see if you lose.

Heh, actually not sure if this should be moved to the appreciation thread. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭OrtonViper

Atari Jaguar!
    I HATE TRIPLE H!

I crashed my ATV last week and I think I saw Triple H hiding in the bushes snigering at me.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

OrtonViper wrote: »
    I HATE TRIPLE H!

I crashed my ATV last week and I think I saw Triple H hiding in the bushes snigering at me.

Are you sure it wasn't a double maybe Paul Burchill?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭OrtonViper

Atari Jaguar!
    No it was Triple H. I went on to find out that he cut the breaks. DAMN Triple H

That would be a good thing, less ad's and stuff!
    Oh wait, you mean brakes? Sorry, i misunderstood. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

BRAKE IT DOWN!!! Is it a bird, is it a plane, no its HHH and i'm blaming it on him!

Ultimate warrior as quoted on lordsofpain
    Responding to Triple H's comment that Warrior was the most unprofessional wrestler Triple H was ever in the ring with:

"I’m the most unprofessional person you’ve ever stepped into the ring with? Well, now, ain’t that pretty. Because what I remember, Mr. Stephanie McMahon, is that you were only in the ring with me one time -- and for less than 5 minutes. Here all these years since leaving the ring and becoming interested in mentoring young people, I often wonder what kind of impact I am having because I take it seriously and it is important to me do it effectively. Well, it sure sounds like I taught you very well in the 5 minutes you had in the ring with me. Because from what I hear you are the biggest unprofessional a**** the business has ever seen. You are welcome."

Even more On Triple H: "Yes, Paul, sorrily (sic), your whole career has been a mission to outdo Ultimate Warrior. But guess what little, puffy man? You failed. Oh, how you failed. I set an iconic standard none of you could reach. And you are bitter about it. So bitter. You all are. Indeed, it is this bitterness that you most have in common with your father-in-law. In fact, he recognized the depth of it in you and knew if something ever happened to him you would continue the mission to fulfill HIS vendetta. To secure it, he gave you his daughter. But he must be a little concerned, because it seems the only masculinity you can drum up is while you are hanging onto her booking skirt. You know, think about it. If I hadn’t been smitten with my own honey at the time and Vince would have been more sensible, he might have hired me to become his son-in-law. You know, the Original Ultimate Warrior, not a dismal imitation. On second thought, I had strong self confidence and Vince never felt sorry for me as he evidently does for you."

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement