Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eastenders [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

'EastEnders' star Charlie Clements has revealed that he is planning to leave the soap early next year.

The actor, who plays Bradley Branning, said: "I have been at 'EastEnders' for nearly four years and I have enjoyed every minute with some fantastic storylines."

"But I feel that now is the time to take on some new roles," he said.

'EastEnders' executive producer Diederick Santer said: "Viewers will miss Charlie hugely and I can promise a big exit. I know he'll go on to great things."

Reports have suggested that Bradley will leave Walford in a "sensational storyline" next February.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

Is he not going to Canada? I hope he gets back with Stacey and they sail off into the sunset together! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Epicurus

Cathooo wrote: »
    Is he not going to Canada? I hope he gets back with Stacey and they sail off into the sunset together! :D
    He gets back with Stacey briefly before he sets off for good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Johnnnybravo

I thought that ginger whinger was already gone to canada with syd?

I thought that ginger whinger was already gone to canada with syd?
    He gets called back because of a family emergency. Guess Abi has lost her guines pigs again. Feck sake; he was gone, we had peace

• Advertisement

Epicurus wrote: »
    He gets called back because of a family emergency. Guess Abi has lost her guines pigs again. Feck sake; he was gone, we had peace
    Hes so whiney!! uggg and those jumpers, really never took to Bradley, is it mean to say Abi is also quite irritating? Infact the entire Branning family?

Hes so whiney!! uggg and those jumpers, really never took to Bradley, is it mean to say Abi is also quite irritating? Infact the entire Branning family?

Not a bit. Abi is selfish, spoilt immature. Why couldnt she feck off to Canada as fell.
    You should be looking forward to Carol, Jims daughter returning then :D

Not a bit. Abi is selfish, spoilt immature. Why couldnt she feck off to Canada as fell.
    You should be looking forward to Carol, Jims daughter returning then :D
    have we seen her before?? Refresh me if she was on screen before? I dont be with it at the best of times ;)

have we seen her before?? Refresh me if she was on screen before? I dont be with it at the best of times ;)
    Ya we've seen her alright. Its been about 10 years now though. She's Biancas mother. She only left after Bianca tried it on with her fiancee. This was after Bianca was after another of her mothers men; this one turned out to be her father. I wasnt watching Eastenders back then though.

Along with
    Bradleys
    departure, another tallking extra is quitting.
    Manda Best

I'm not complaining over her departure but wont that make
    Minty
    even more pointless than he already is.

http://www.rteguide.ie/2009/1116/eastenders.html

• Advertisement

Libby finds out about Darren being baby George's daddy over Christmas/New Year leading her to go off with Adam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

Along with
    Bradleys
    departure, another tallking extra is quitting.
    Manda Best

I'm not complaining over her departure but wont that make
    Minty
    even more pointless than he already is.

http://www.rteguide.ie/2009/1116/eastenders.html

How is she a talking extra? she has an important part and so does Minty. It is very mean to call her that. :mad:

Bradley could be leaving in a box :(

JP Liz wrote: »
    Bradley could be leaving in a box :(

:(:(

angel01 wrote: »
    How is she a talking extra? she has an important part and so does Minty. It is very mean to call her that. :mad:

I hadnt intended to be critical with my description. but since she has come into the show, I cant remember any outstanding story she has been involved in. And since Garry left, Minty hasnt had a lot to do either, with Manda departing, what else is left for him, unless they consider getting him back with Heather, which I doubt will happen.

Kirkwood plans to sex up Walford with some of Hollyoaks’ hottest stars.

The producer will replace current EastEnders boss Diederick Santer next year.

And we can reveal former Hollyoaks chief Bryan is planning on poaching some of the C4 soap’s sauciest stars.

Sex kittens Gemma Merna, 25, and Jennifer Metcalfe, 27, who play McQueen sisters Carmel and Mercedes, are top of his list.

Even Diederick, who will step down after four years in the post, admitted he wants to see the girls on the BBC’s flagship show.

He said: “I love them.They remind me of the Slater sisters.”

Insiders say Bryan is determined to stamp his mark on the show and feels it’s in need of an injection of young blood.

Over the last 18 months Albert Square has lost some of its hottest young stars including Kara Tointon, 26, and resident hunk Rob Kazinsky, 25.

And now Charlie Clements, 22, has quit as Bradley Branning.

“We’ve got a great mix of families on the show but it would be good to have a contingent of sexy young teens,” said a source.

I hadnt intended to be critical with my description. but since she has come into the show, I cant remember any outstanding story she has been involved in. And since Garry left, Minty hasnt had a lot to do either, with Manda departing, what else is left for him, unless they consider getting him back with Heather, which I doubt will happen.

I really like Minty and I would be quite annoyed if he left. I really wish Manda would stay as I really liked her :( It has been nice to see Minty so happy.

Great :mad: Turning Eastenders into Hollyoaks. :(

angel01 wrote: »
    I really like Minty and I would be quite annoyed if he left. I really wish Manda would stay as I really liked her :( It has been nice to see Minty so happy.

Dont get me wrong, I like Minty; I just dont think he has a role to play anymore. I liked him with when he was with Hazel, they should try and bring her back.

It would have been better if Minty was George's dad and he got with Heather - i think with Garry gone he is surplus to requirements

• Advertisement

Kirkwood plans to sex up Walford with some of Hollyoaks’ hottest stars.

The producer will replace current EastEnders boss Diederick Santer next year.

And we can reveal former Hollyoaks chief Bryan is planning on poaching some of the C4 soap’s sauciest stars.

Sex kittens Gemma Merna, 25, and Jennifer Metcalfe, 27, who play McQueen sisters Carmel and Mercedes, are top of his list.

Even Diederick, who will step down after four years in the post, admitted he wants to see the girls on the BBC’s flagship show.

He said: “I love them.They remind me of the Slater sisters.”

Insiders say Bryan is determined to stamp his mark on the show and feels it’s in need of an injection of young blood.

Over the last 18 months Albert Square has lost some of its hottest young stars including Kara Tointon, 26, and resident hunk Rob Kazinsky, 25.

And now Charlie Clements, 22, has quit as Bradley Branning.

“We’ve got a great mix of families on the show but it would be good to have a contingent of sexy young teens,” said a source.

FFS One hollyoaks is enough, if EE TUrns like hollyoaks I for one will stop watching :rolleyes:

Its rumoured in todays Inside Soap Magazine that Archie is to turn up at his own funeral.

FFS :mad: A storyline where Peggys husband turns up at his own funeral. Its Frank Butcher all over again. No wonder she's leaving.

Its rumoured in todays Inside Soap Magazine that Archie is to turn up at his own funeral.

FFS :mad: A storyline where Peggys husband turns up at his own funeral. Its Frank Butcher all over again. No wonder she's leaving.

Oh for heavens sake. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭Meller

Well if it means anything, Sharon Marshall (how reliable you consider that is up to you :rolleyes:) said yesterday on This Morning that Archie does not turn up for his own funeral and the actor was simply visiting.

Ronnie kidnaps baby George and Libby finds out that Darren is his daddy

Oh great its Dallas without the shower :rolleyes:

Yet another EastEnders character will fall pregnant over the coming months in the soap's latest storyline twist.

Yesterday, 21-year-old Lacey Turner - who plays Stacey Slater in the Walford soap - was spotted filming on location sporting a pregnancy bump for scenes to air in the first quarter of next year.

Bipolar-suffering Stacey, who is currently receiving treatment in a psychiatric hospital after being sectioned earlier in the year, is allowed home in a few weeks' time and is due to rekindle her romance with the love of her life Bradley Branning (Charlie Clements).

It is rumoured that their reunion ties in with Stacey's discovery that she is pregnant.

Earlier this year, Stacey had a string of liaisons with various men across London when she went AWOL as her bipolar disorder spiraled out of control. More recently, she had a one-night stand with Ryan Molloy (Neil McDermott).

A Walford source this afternoon told DS: "Stacey falls pregnant, but all's not what it seems. Will Bradley and Stacey finally have the child that they've always wanted? Could the baby be Ryan's? Or could the father be somebody else entirely?

"We all know that Bradley's leaving the show as Charlie's [Clements] moving on, but how will he leave things with Stacey? Will the pressure of impending fatherhood become too much for him? Or will he make the shock discovery that he's not the baby's father?"

They added: "Whatever the outcome, it's a rollercoaster ride between now and the 25th anniversary for all concerned."

Other Walford women who have - or are expected to - become parents include Heather Trott (Charyl Fergison), Ronnie Mitchell (Samantha Womack) and Zainab Masood (Nina Wadia).

It'll probably end up being Max's child and we'll have to endure nine more months of tedium between the two.

EastEnders actor Adam Croasdell will bow out of the show in the early part of next year, Digital Spy can exclusively confirm.
    The 29-year-old - who plays resident GP Dr Al Jenkins - recently finished filming with the East-End soap and is about to embark on a charity trip to Malawi with relief and development organisation World Vision.
    Speaking of his exit, Croasdell told DS: "I have worked with and befriended a lot of fantastic actors while I have been at EastEnders. I am very grateful for my time on the show and all the support shown to me to me by the wonderful viewers who have followed my storylines and been so supportive. I see it as a chapter in my ongoing work as an actor - as I am always interested in new challenges, so I am looking forward to future projects."
    He is expected to make his screen exit in February.
    Having grown up in Walford as a child, Al first returned to the Square in May to visit his mother and soon became the local doctor. He quickly became involved with Heather Trott's (Cheryl Fergison) pregnancy plot, before going on to have a brief dalliance with Tanya Branning (Jo Joyner). Al then served as the catalyst for Stacey Slater's (Lacey Turner) sectioning as her bipolar disorder spiralled out of control.
    More recently, he has become entangled in a love triangle between Roxy Mitchell (Rita Simons) and Chelsea Fox (Tiana Benjamin).
    A Walford source said: "Al's a massive support to Roxy following Archie's death at Christmas, and when he's offered a job at his father's medical practice in Cornwall, he decides to up sticks and leave the high life behind. But will he manage to convince Roxy or Chelsea to go with him? Or will he go off into the sunset alone?"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭mandz

Y
    Yesterday, 21-year-old Lacey Turner - who plays Stacey Slater in the Walford soap - was spotted filming on location sporting a pregnancy bump for scenes to air in the first quarter of next year.

Could it be Archie's??? We don't actually know what happened that night in the laundrette...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement