Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eastenders [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 250 ✭✭Eddie_1980

Shirley is the best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

Star of The Gentle Touch and C.A.T.S. Eyes Jill Gascoine has joined the cast of EastEnders as Archie Mitchell's estranged wife Glenda.

The 72-year-old - who played Detective Inspector Maggie Forbes in the '80s TV shows - first appears in Walford as Glenda in January, much to the shock of her daughters Ronnie (Samantha Womack) and Roxy (Rita Simons).

Despite having never been seen on screen, Glenda's potted backstory has formed through her children, ex-husband Archie (Larry Lamb) and sister-in-law Peggy (Barbara Windsor).

Described as Archie's "first beautiful, quiet and dutiful wife", Glenda walked out on him and the girls around the time Ronnie gave birth at the age of 14. Archie's controlling nature turned the once brash and confident Glenda into a nervous wreck and when Archie orchestrated their teen daughter's child Amy to be taken away after the birth, Glenda fled to Australia to start a new life.

Their mother's sudden departure from their lives left Ronnie and Roxy wondering exactly why she abandoned them and while Roxy resolved never to forgive her, Ronnie can understand why she made a break for freedom.

However, Glenda's sudden arrival on the Square stuns the Mitchells as Archie's meek and mild first wife has apparently evolved into a "polished, demure, dynamic and assured" woman.

Her shock appearance is rumoured to tie in with this year's Christmas storyline twist involving Archie.

Of her new role, Gascoine said: "I'm thrilled to be joining the cast EastEnders and I am really excited to be back on British TV."

Executive producer Diederick Santer commented: "I'm so looking forward to welcoming the hugely talented Jill to EastEnders. I have a very clear memory of watching C.A.T.S. Eyes every Friday night, while - to the fury of my mother - munching my way through an entire packet of Jaffa Cakes."

He added: "Jill's character Maggie Forbes was always my favourite - tough, glamorous, and exciting - perfect qualities for Glenda Mitchell."

• Registered Users Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

mandz wrote: »
    Thought it was funny when she broke the cone and handed it to the kid

Yeah that was classic! The cone looked like one of those tiny "iced gems" biscuits.
    tumblr_kqjephRLkQ1qzpsuao1_400.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

Eddie_1980 wrote: »
    Shirley is the best.

I love her and Hev together :D I want Shirley to get back with Phil :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Johnnnybravo

angel01 wrote: »
    I love her and Hev together :D I want Shirley to get back with Phil :D

Same here!!!

• Advertisement

Ronnie Mitchell will be arrested on suspicion of murdering her dad.

The blonde Mitchell bombshell is the prime suspect when Archie is bumped off at Christmas.

Archie (Larry Lamb) has been planning to bring down the Mitchells since his return to Albert Square.

He’ll evict estranged wife Peggy (Barbara Windsor) from the Queen Vic on Christmas Day after buying a loan secured on the pub from Ian Beale (Adam Woodyatt).

But just when Archie is reveling in his triumph he’ll be sent off to meet his maker, and there’s no shortage of suspects.

Ronnie (Samantha Womack) is the most obvious and is promptly whisked off to a police station and locked up. But in keeping with EastEnders tradition we reckon that means she’s actually the least likely to have done it.

A show insider told The Mirror: "Archie's got an endless stream of enemies, including wife Peggy, other daughter Roxy and son-in-law Phil, who nearly killed him once before.

"And that's not forgetting his future fiancée Janine, who has a track record of bumping off her partners to get at their cash."

JP Liz wrote: »
    Ronnie Mitchell will be arrested on suspicion of murdering her dad.

The blonde Mitchell bombshell is the prime suspect when Archie is bumped off at Christmas.

Archie (Larry Lamb) has been planning to bring down the Mitchells since his return to Albert Square.

He’ll evict estranged wife Peggy (Barbara Windsor) from the Queen Vic on Christmas Day after buying a loan secured on the pub from Ian Beale (Adam Woodyatt).

But just when Archie is reveling in his triumph he’ll be sent off to meet his maker, and there’s no shortage of suspects.

Ronnie (Samantha Womack) is the most obvious and is promptly whisked off to a police station and locked up. But in keeping with EastEnders tradition we reckon that means she’s actually the least likely to have done it.

A show insider told The Mirror: "Archie's got an endless stream of enemies, including wife Peggy, other daughter Roxy and son-in-law Phil, who nearly killed him once before.

"And that's not forgetting his future fiancée Janine, who has a track record of bumping off her partners to get at their cash."

Thats so predictable *yawn*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Epicurus

Thats so predictable *yawn*

Agreed..although you'd nearly wish it were true, get rid of her for a while

An insightful piece in todays Mirror on Larry Lamb and why his father is his inspiration for Archie

http://www.mirror.co.uk/celebs/news/2009/10/21/eastenders-star-larry-lamb-on-the-inspiration-for-archie-mitchell-and-his-father-ronald-115875-21761973/

Star of The Gentle Touch and C.A.T.S. Eyes Jill Gascoine has joined the cast of EastEnders as Archie Mitchell's estranged wife Glenda.

The 72-year-old - who played Detective Inspector Maggie Forbes in the '80s TV shows - first appears in Walford as Glenda in January, much to the shock of her daughters Ronnie (Samantha Womack) and Roxy (Rita Simons).

Despite having never been seen on screen, Glenda's potted backstory has formed through her children, ex-husband Archie (Larry Lamb) and sister-in-law Peggy (Barbara Windsor).

Described as Archie's "first beautiful, quiet and dutiful wife", Glenda walked out on him and the girls around the time Ronnie gave birth at the age of 14. Archie's controlling nature turned the once brash and confident Glenda into a nervous wreck and when Archie orchestrated their teen daughter's child Amy to be taken away after the birth, Glenda fled to Australia to start a new life.

Their mother's sudden departure from their lives left Ronnie and Roxy wondering exactly why she abandoned them and while Roxy resolved never to forgive her, Ronnie can understand why she made a break for freedom.

However, Glenda's sudden arrival on the Square stuns the Mitchells as Archie's meek and mild first wife has apparently evolved into a "polished, demure, dynamic and assured" woman.

Her shock appearance is rumoured to tie in with this year's Christmas storyline twist involving Archie.

Of her new role, Gascoine said: "I'm thrilled to be joining the cast EastEnders and I am really excited to be back on British TV."

Executive producer Diederick Santer commented: "I'm so looking forward to welcoming the hugely talented Jill to EastEnders. I have a very clear memory of watching C.A.T.S. Eyes every Friday night, while - to the fury of my mother - munching my way through an entire packet of Jaffa Cakes."

He added: "Jill's character Maggie Forbes was always my favourite - tough, glamorous, and exciting - perfect qualities for Glenda Mitchell."

Well that was an eventful time in the square for Jll. The actress has decided not to take up the role after all, claiming she lacked the right experience to film such a big continuing drama". The part of Glenda will now be played by Glynis Barber..thought they killed her off in Emmerdale.

• Advertisement

Hmm.. I wonder if Glynis Barber's arrival will finally Makepeace on Albert Square..... BADUMP-TISH!!...... Alright, I'll get my coat. :D

hmmm so Jill is 72, yet they consider Glynis the perfect replacement despite she's only 54. Feck sake, she looks younger than Ronnie

Glynis Barber is too young to play Ronnie and Roxy's mum
    Lucy is Syed's blackmailer

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭Meller

Lucy is Syed's blackmailer
    Can't believe he was accusing Christian... how could he?! I'm sure it won't take them too long to figure it out, it's obviously somebody young, looking at how they've been going about this 'blackmailing'. :rolleyes:

Actress Barbara Windsor, who plays Peggy Mitchell in EastEnders, is to leave the soap next year, programme bosses have announced.

The 72-year-old, who has played the Albert Square matriarch since 1994, said she wanted to spend more time with her husband.

The star said: "I'll be so sad to leave Peggy behind," and thanked viewers and colleagues for their support.

Windsor won a lifetime achievement gong at the British Soap Awards this year.

The actress said of her departure: "EastEnders has been wonderful to me and it's no secret that it changed my life all of those years ago.

She added that Peggy has been a "wonderful character to play", and singled out showing the Queen around the set of EastEnders as "something that will stay with me forever".

I will really miss Peggy. What a character. I fear the end of the Mitchells now :(:(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭yurmothrintites

Meller wrote: »
    Can't believe he was accusing Christian... how could he?! I'm sure it won't take them too long to figure it out, it's obviously somebody young, looking at how they've been going about this 'blackmailing'. :rolleyes:

Ya, you would have wondered how he accused Christian. How would he have taken a picture of himself and Syed in the alley. I wasn't surprised it was that person who is the blackmailer.

Sad to see Peggy going. The show won't be the same without her running The Vic.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Lisie247

Actress Barbara Windsor, who plays Peggy Mitchell in EastEnders, is to leave the soap next year, programme bosses have announced.

The 72-year-old, who has played the Albert Square matriarch since 1994, said she wanted to spend more time with her husband.

The star said: "I'll be so sad to leave Peggy behind," and thanked viewers and colleagues for their support.

Windsor won a lifetime achievement gong at the British Soap Awards this year.

The actress said of her departure: "EastEnders has been wonderful to me and it's no secret that it changed my life all of those years ago.

She added that Peggy has been a "wonderful character to play", and singled out showing the Queen around the set of EastEnders as "something that will stay with me forever".

Cant believe shes leaving! Who's gonna say the 'GET OUTTA MY PUB' catchphrase

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭ohanloj3

Is it not lucy blackmailing christian and sayed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭2040

The ending of that episode tonight was brilliant. "I've been you!!"

• Advertisement

I will really miss Peggy. What a character. I fear the end of the Mitchells now :(:(:(

The Mitchells will always be around as Billy will always be around. They wont get rid of him because they wont get rid of Jay. He's one of their best actors. And where else would he go if Bill wasnt around

Peggy, she'll be missed alright. I think Pat described her best at 2.55

Lucas kills Owen

Lucas kills Owen

NO WAY:eek:..................The plot thickens!!

Indeed, especially given the end of tonight's episode. Given her record with
    perforated prophylactics in her attempt to become pregnant, Ronnie could possibly be carrying Owen's child, when Lucas does him in. Which if other rumours are true, means Ronnie would be carrying the child of a murdered man, when she herself is arrested on suspicion of the murder of another man. (you probably all know who anyway)
    How wonderfully twisted and intertwined this is gonna be by Christmas. :)

duridian wrote: »
    perforated prophylactics in her attempt to become pregnant, Ronnie could possibly be carrying Owen's child, when Lucas does him in. Which if other rumours are true, means Ronnie would be carrying the child of a murdered man, when she herself is arrested on suspicion of the murder of another man. (you probably all know who anyway)

and in true eastenders style, itl be dragged out til next christmas!

duridian wrote: »
    so she's carrying the child of a murdered man when she herself is arrested on suspicion of murder. A bit far much dont you think when Owen is just out after the attempted murder of his own daughter

In other news
    Libby is supposed to be pregnant, a little sister/brother for George maybe

Ricky Butcher and Bianca Jackson are to get engaged this Christmas.
    The long-divorced pair get their happy ending from show bosses looking to spread a little love over the festive season.

Ricky Butcher and Bianca Jackson are to get engaged this Christmas.
    The long-divorced pair get their happy ending from show bosses looking to spread a little love over the festive season.
    Looking to sread a little happiness they say :eek:; is that why they're having at leae one murder and a suspected another one?

Bradders is leaving so long ginga ninja

• Advertisement

Bradders is leaving so long ginga ninja

He better not :mad:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement