Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eastenders [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Karen23

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Did Sonia not come back for Billie's funeral :confused:

No but I remember her being there for Bianca and Ricky's wedding

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 teeky

Is Amira coming back pregnant with Syed's baby? I assume that expalins Christian's recent ideas about adoption. Anyone know more?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Shazanne

Seems like a strong possibility. But, knowing EE, will they wait until Roxy is already pregnant before bringing Amira back? Could it be another two baby situation or would they ever venture down THAT road again:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 85,503 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

David Essex is joining EastEnders as Shane Richie's estranged uncle.
    The singer and actor, 63, will play cheeky charmer Eddie Moon - who is Alfie Moon's (Richie) uncle and Michael Moon's (Steve John Shepherd) father.

Single dad Eddie walks into Albert Square later this year with his kids - who are yet to be cast - in tow. David, who was born in Plaistow, East London, was due to join the BBC1 soap in 2005 as Honey Mitchell's dad - but had to pull out due to touring commitments.

But after landing this new role, the Hold Me Close star said: "Being an EastEnder myself, I'm really excited to be joining the Square.

"Eddie's a great character and I can't wait to get to grips with the role and work with such a fantastic cast.

"I'm really pleased that I've been able to make filming work around my tour dates this time."

Eddie is set to be a hit with Walford's residents - but he is hiding a past he wants to forget as he tries to reunite with son Michael.

A source revealed: "Eddie's arrival will shake things up for Michael and Alfie.

"One big bombshell waiting to explode is the revelation Michael is Tommy's (Alfie's wife Kat's son) dad." EastEnders' bosses believe housewives' favourite David - who has had 23 top 30 singles in the UK - is a "brilliant signing".

Executive producer Bryan Kirkwood added: "He is a unique talent with a legion of fans and he will bring warmth and charisma.

"His arrival brings a new generation of the Moon family to Walford."

I think this just be a bit too surreal for me:eek: David Essex, to me, is a singer from my childhood years. Don't know if I could accept him as an elderly uncle to Alfie:confused:

• Advertisement

So Connor sends Bianca to prison and Carol and Whitney are fighting over who sees him first :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

"I'm to have your baby"..

I was nearly sure you couldnt get pregnant by hugging.. :(

There's a thread somewhere on Boards about conception - suggest you take a look;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

how the fcuk does lauren not know how to drive when she was able to knock her dad over???:P

Janine Butcher will turn pimp when she sells teenage prostitute Whitney Dean for £50.
    It’s the soap plotline that has caused a stir before it has even hit our screens.
    Former hooker Janine (Charlie Brooks, 29) introduces Whitney to a life of vice but the youngster doesn’t even realise the first time that she has been pimped out.
    Whitney (Shona McGarty, 18) turns to Janine after falling out with her family. They hit the local nightclub where they meet a couple of fellas who later admit to Janine they think the girls are hookers.
    When Whitney gets more attention than Janine, the twisted blonde carries on with the con and tells David (Daniel Coonan, 36) it will cost him £50 to spend the night with her pal.
    Whitney goes home with the lad, little realising she’s been sold.
    A show insider said: “Jan*ine really has sunk to an all-time low.
    “There is a moment where she knows what she’s doing is wrong but she still goes ahead and does it anyway.
    “Whitney is upset when the bloke leaves pretty sharpish. She’s horrified when she later discovers he thought she was a hooker.
    “From here it’s a slippery slope. Life is going to get pretty rough for Whitney.”

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,825 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Whitney is going to befriend the girl who poisoned her brother? Okaaaaay...

Whitney is going to befriend the girl who poisoned her brother? Okaaaaay...

She is going to live with her

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭caseyann

Janine Butcher will turn pimp when she sells teenage prostitute Whitney Dean for £50.
    It’s the soap plotline that has caused a stir before it has even hit our screens.
    Former hooker Janine (Charlie Brooks, 29) introduces Whitney to a life of vice but the youngster doesn’t even realise the first time that she has been pimped out.
    Whitney (Shona McGarty, 18) turns to Janine after falling out with her family. They hit the local nightclub where they meet a couple of fellas who later admit to Janine they think the girls are hookers.
    When Whitney gets more attention than Janine, the twisted blonde carries on with the con and tells David (Daniel Coonan, 36) it will cost him £50 to spend the night with her pal.
    Whitney goes home with the lad, little realising she’s been sold.
    A show insider said: “Jan*ine really has sunk to an all-time low.
    “There is a moment where she knows what she’s doing is wrong but she still goes ahead and does it anyway.
    “Whitney is upset when the bloke leaves pretty sharpish. She’s horrified when she later discovers he thought she was a hooker.
    “From here it’s a slippery slope. Life is going to get pretty rough for Whitney.”

That girl annoys me something else,and another plot line thats pathetic arises.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭littlefriend

Oh ffs the Roxy thing is ridiculous.

Ian looking for "rumpy" :p Phil will give him thumpy soon enough if he dont pay up

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭blondie7

Does anyone else think the soaps are getting a bit on the cr*p side lately. The storylines are completly stupid and nothing ever seems to make sense. Why would whitney stay with the woman who tried to murder her brother and then go clubbing with her?? Its not just EE, CS has gone to the dogs aswell :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭caseyann

blondie7 wrote: »
    Does anyone else think the soaps are getting a bit on the cr*p side lately. The storylines are completly stupid and nothing ever seems to make sense. Why would whitney stay with the woman who tried to murder her brother and then go clubbing with her?? Its not just EE, CS has gone to the dogs aswell :mad:

I agree all dying off slowly.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

God I HATE that Darren lad, wish somebody would teach him how to speak properly..

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭bubbaloo

blondie7 wrote: »

I was actaully just thinking this last night. They're all fairly sh1t at the moment. Emmerdale is probably the best right now but still not great.
    I suppose it's very difficult to keep them interesting when they have to write 5 or 6 episodes a week! Yaawn!

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Miss Snowy

I think there is alot of things being done that are ridiculous or already done!! They never seem to have a good romance story anymore either!! Usually somrthing depressing in it!

• Advertisement

In a shocking plotline that will risk a new Albert Square storm, the 18-year-old descends into a sordid life of vice as a sex slave controlled by vicious pimp Rob.

The plotline, the first time a British soap has dealt with teen sexploitation, comes just weeks after the shows controversial cot-death saga.

Some of the scenes, set to hit our screens in March, are so disturbing that critics are already calling for them to be screened after the 9pm watershed to protect younger viewers.

Ex-Tory minister and Strictly Come Dancing star Ann Widdecombe told The People yesterday: The BBC need to think about how they handle this.

Whitneys ordeal begins when she falls for smooth-talking Rob, played by Jody Latham, who subtly manipulates her into sleeping with strangers.

In scripts seen by The People, she reveals all about their relationship when confronted by Janine Malloy.

Asked if she is having sex with men as a favour for Rob, Whitney denies she is a prostitute but admits: If he gets in schtuck I help him out. Coupla times hes got in a mess I done favours for him. For his mates. I keep em happy. Off his back. And she boasts about the way her boyfriend treats her, saying: Food, rent, booze. Anything I want. He worships me.

Whitney, played by 19-year-old actress Shona McGarty, openly gushes about her relationship with Rob saying: Were in love. Were soulmates. Why is that so hard for you to understand?

Other disturbing scenes in which Rob plies her with drugs have been filmed, but bosses have not yet decided whether to screen them in case of a viewers backlash.

Yesterday an EastEnders spokeswoman said the story did NOT amount to child prostitution, but was a serious treatment of the issue of child sexploitation.

EastEnders bosses have reportedly planned Phil Mitchell and Shirley Carter's marriage to coincide with the royal wedding.

The pair, played by Steve McFadden and Linda Henry respectively, will tie the knot on April 29 - the same day that Prince William and Kate Middleton are to marry at Westminster Abbey.

A source told The Mirror: "The royal wedding is the biggest event of this year and, for soap fans, Phil Mitchell is pretty close to royalty having been a favourite since he arrived in 1990. The show's bosses thought a wedding storyline would be perfect to coincide with William and Kate."

Phil is due to propose to Shirley on Monday after being rushed to hospital following a heart attack.

However, the weeks leading up to the ceremony will apparently be "riddled with drama" as Glenda Mitchell (Glynis Barber) threatens to reveal her affair with Phil.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭dlambirl

EastEnders bosses have reportedly planned Phil Mitchell and Shirley Carter's marriage to coincide with the royal wedding.

The pair, played by Steve McFadden and Linda Henry respectively, will tie the knot on April 29 - the same day that Prince William and Kate Middleton are to marry at Westminster Abbey.

A source told The Mirror: "The royal wedding is the biggest event of this year and, for soap fans, Phil Mitchell is pretty close to royalty having been a favourite since he arrived in 1990. The show's bosses thought a wedding storyline would be perfect to coincide with William and Kate."

Phil is due to propose to Shirley on Monday after being rushed to hospital following a heart attack.

However, the weeks leading up to the ceremony will apparently be "riddled with drama" as Glenda Mitchell (Glynis Barber) threatens to reveal her affair with Phil.

Surprise Surprise!

Didn't Corrie do this when Charles & Diana got married - so did Ken & Deirdre? IIRC they got more viewers than the royals! Dunno if there would be as big of an attraction with Phil & Shirley though...

How does Michael and Jack know each other?

How does Michael and Jack know each other?

Sounded to me as though they knew each other as teenagers. They slipped that line in to explain this weird twist I suppose. It's obviously a forerunner to whatever way they plan to handle the big revelation about the baby swap. God only knows how they'll do that:rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

He thought Stacy was a hooker, what would ever make him think that:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭littlefriend

Alfie hair is minging. I wish they'd stop putting him in satin dressing gowns - she's bad enough in them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,533 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Is Stacy back :):)

• Advertisement

Do you mean Janine and Whitney

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement