Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eastenders [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,821 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Poor Jean :(

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

wow I thought she was a goner there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭littlefriend

God that was a bit mental with Jean in the bath. I thought she was dead.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,474 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Could an "affair" be on the cards for Dot :rolleyes: it seems to be happening alot in Eastenders these days

Poor Tiffany scarred for life now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Shazanne

Think they might be pushing the boat out too far with an affair for Dot:eek: I thought maybe they were going to highlight lonliness in the elderly - then maybe I'm too innocent for my own good:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

an affair for Dot? I thought at first that sounded a bit mad but then didn't Jean have a kiss with Billy I thought that a bit crazy too :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭coffeelover

Could an "affair" be on the cards for Dot rolleyes.gif it seems to be happening alot in Eastenders these days

My thoughts exactly ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭auntyweeze

My thoughts exactly ;)

i was thinking that too.
    oh god i swear if they make them kiss on screen ill barf ha ha
    i feel so sorry for ronnie going to loose her baby :( can they not let someone be happy for once.

Does anyone else think this storyline would have been better the other way around?

I.e. Kat's baby dying, and in a moment of madness she swaps Ronnie's baby. Then Ronnie is the only one who realises the difference, everyone else thinks she's going mad with the grief or whatever?

Does anyone else think this storyline would have been better the other way around?

I.e. Kat's baby dying, and in a moment of madness she swaps Ronnie's baby. Then Ronnie is the only one who realises the difference, everyone else thinks she's going mad with the grief or whatever?

yeah that is a much better story line.
    they are getting worse.
    the whole ian/glenda and phil was horrible
    even worse is the whole carol and connor its cringe worthy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,474 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Carol Jackson will reportedly face prison when she claims that she is behind a brutal attack on Connor Stanley.

Carol, played by Lindsey Coulson, will make the false confession when her two-timing lover is attacked with an iron bar next month, The Mirror reports.

Covering up for the real attacker, Carol will apparently claim: "The whole situation's my fault. Only right I take the blame."

A source added: "This affair could tear the entire Jackson family apart. No-one will forget Connor in a hurry."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

God I would love to pump the "cheeky chappie" full of bullets.. it's a tired tired role

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

im not happy with this draged out story line that ronnie has im sick of it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭coffeelover

Does Kat realise that Ronnie has swapped the babies?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

Does anyone know long are they going to drag out the swapped baby storyline? I don't think I can bear to watch it. Imagine...the whole funeral and everything. Poor Kat and Alfie's grief then when it all comes out...Ronnie losing the plot and then back to being miserable for the next two years:(.

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭jenny4385

Ann22 wrote: »
    Does anyone know long are they going to drag out the swapped baby storyline? I don't think I can bear to watch it. Imagine...the whole funeral and everything. Poor Kat and Alfie's grief then when it all comes out...Ronnie losing the plot and then back to being miserable for the next two years:(.

i honestly dont think i can watch eastenders till this story line is over... its a very sensitive subject for some people so yea they could have done that.. but not the baby switch story line its all a bit too much..

Ann22 wrote: »

Seemingly they have filmed the reveal last week so it could be anything up to 6-8 weeks, I think :(

Probably a Valentine's Day reveal or something stupid like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭Butterfly25

Seemingly they have filmed the reveal last week so it could be anything up to 6-8 weeks, I think :(

Probably a Valentine's Day reveal or something stupid like that.

oh god! do we seriously have to watch it for that long? I think its a terrible storyline and the worst start to a new year of storylines. I'm finding it very hard to watch!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭caseyann

Does Kat realise that Ronnie has swapped the babies?
    Alfie looks at 'Tommy' and gently touches his soft cheek. Kat eventually looks at the child and, to Alfie's horror, she screams: "That's not my baby, Alfie. That's not my baby…" Has Kat discovered the terrible truth?

Personally they do tragedy too much in this program and i am getting tired of it and the whole Connor,carol, Whitney stuff is getting on my nerves.
    I am not happy with Eastenders at all last couple of weeks.

caseyann wrote: »
    Alfie looks at 'Tommy' and gently touches his soft cheek. Kat eventually looks at the child and, to Alfie's horror, she screams: "That's not my baby, Alfie. That's not my baby…" Has Kat discovered the terrible truth?

Personally they do tragedy too much in this program and i am getting tired of it and the whole Connor,carol, Whitney stuff is getting on my nerves.
    I am not happy with Eastenders at all last couple of weeks.

yeah i agree. can they no just let people be happy! ha ha

• Advertisement

auntyweeze wrote: »
    yeah i agree. can they no just let people be happy! ha ha

Totally there is no feel good factor in it at all,doom and gloom.:p

caseyann wrote: »
    Totally there is no feel good factor in it at all,doom and gloom.:p

i know they cant go a week without someone getting killed stabbed shot murdered cheated on spied on kidnapped ha ha id hate to live in that neighbourhood ha

auntyweeze wrote: »
    i know they cant go a week without someone getting killed stabbed shot murdered cheated on spied on kidnapped ha ha id hate to live in that neighbourhood ha

I know haha i am always saying that. :D Imagine living next to even one of them lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭Fittle

I agree that I can't watch this while that storyline is going on - I coudln't even turn it on last nite except for 5 minutes and had to switch it off.

it's a horrible story and could really mess with peoples heads who have been through the devestation of cot death. I won't be watching again till Kat has her baby back.

Fittle wrote: »
    I agree that I can't watch this while that storyline is going on - I coudln't even turn it on last nite except for 5 minutes and had to switch it off.

it's a horrible story and could really mess with peoples heads who have been through the devestation of cot death. I won't be watching again till Kat has her baby back.

Have you thought about the story line after that then,and whats going to happen with ronnie and jack,its going to be months of misery and boredom.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,067 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

How is it any different to any other storyline? I understand that it may hit home with a lot of people, all sorts of issues could have the same outcome for different people. I dread the day that tv shows need to pander to such sensitivities. There's a helpline available for anyone affected by the episodes which is announced when the show ends.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭Butterfly25

How is it any different to any other storyline? I understand that it may hit home with a lot of people, all sorts of issues could have the same outcome for different people. I dread the day that tv shows need to pander to such sensitivities. There's a helpline available for anyone affected by the episodes which is announced when the show ends.

All the storylines will affect people at some stage but at least the others are some what interesting and believeable...this storyline is just so hard to watch because its a terrible story which is written badly and some of the situations over the last couple of nights would NEVER happen!!

- Ronnie walks across the square holding a new born baby...clearly upset and no familiar face around.

- Ronnie knocks on Carols door but shes too preoccupied trying to get Connor out of the house while Liam is sitting in the living room and he doesnt even question why Carol hasnt answered the door and doesnt look for her when shes talking to someone out in the kitchen

- Alfie leaves his new born son, alone, upstairs in a busy pub on new years eve and doesnt even check on him once all night

- Charlie leaves is new born grandson, alone, upstairs in a busy pub on new years eve while he's suppose to be minding him

- Kat just runs out of the hospital, in her pyjamas and the nurse allows it, hops in a cab in her pyjamas and the cab driver takes her home....THIS WOULD NEVER HAPPEN!! She walks through the pub where everyone knows what happened the baby and nobody says anything?? I didnt understand this at all.

- Roxy could clearly see Ronnie was upset about something but wouldnt let her speak and then forgot about her the second Christian walked in.

I'm sure there were alot more things but these just spring to mind at the moment...this storyline is awful and its just the beginning, imagine what Ronnie/Jack will be like once it all comes out. I think Ronnie should just leave the square, maybe she might get some happiness!

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭auditek923

this is an awful storyline. i hate it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭Fittle

I don't think anyone here is suggesting that the BBC pander to anyones sensitivities - but cot death in itself is such a devestating experience for anyone, and they should, and could have dealt with it much, much better. Why not just let the baby die, and have the show dealing with the aftermath of a cot death???

Instead of turning it into a farce.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,067 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Fittle wrote: »
    I don't think anyone here is suggesting that the BBC pander to anyones sensitivities - but cot death in itself is such a devestating experience for anyone, and they should, and could have dealt with it much, much better. Why not just let the baby die, and have the show dealing with the aftermath of a cot death???

Instead of turning it into a farce.

Because it's Eastenders!.. I'll admit that I've only started to watch it again recently, but it seems like just another storyline which they'll milk for as long as they can. Sure they could have just left it at the baby dying but that doesn't open up a lot of space for character development in the show. It's nothing new for EE to push the envelope when it comes to how storylines unravel. They didn't need to include the bit a few years ago about Kat being abused and impregnated by her uncle either, but in the end it opened up a whole new direction in which they could go with the characters involved.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement