Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Opening: Boards.ie Photography exhibition 21 March at 7.30pm

Options
12345679»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Calina

I will be in Dublin Camera Club at around 7.40 on Tuesday evening. Please remember DCC has a regular meeting on Tuesday and we cannot disrupt this so if you are collecting on Tuesday please be there around then.

For those who cannot collect on Tuesday I will be in Dublin this weekend and am thinking of a trip to the Botanic Gardens. Anyone who wants to collec then is welcome to do so.

Anyone else, please give me an idea of where you are and we will come to some arrangement.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭sineadw

I'll be in on Tuesday Calina - sorry I didn't make it in for the take down. Just didn't feel up to it at all, and my phone was robbed so I didn't have numbers (cue small violin.. )

It's okay.
    Des and I went and wept into our drinks watching the match afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,392 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

Made it in by the skin of my teeth on Saturday (yes, shame on me for not having gone sooner). I had most of my family with me (5/6 of us were there) and I must report that the exhibition was just mega! Thoroughly enjoyed by everyone from the youngest to myself and my wife.

Congratulations to everyone who submitted a picture. Those hanging were a credit to the craft and represented the broad user spectrum of this humble forum particularly well. The amount of talent on display was just stunning. I understand the 'foot fall' figures were extremely impressive too. Indeed it is a shame that all good things have to come to an end.

In the face of such talent on display it may be unfair to single out any particular print and indeed I had mighty trouble in picking a top 3 but ThOnda's horse image was picked by all 5 of us in their favourites of the show.

Absolutely mighty guys. Well done to all. A big thank you to everyone that was involved in some way.

Calina - you are just wonderful to have seen it through to the success that it was. Simple as that. Take a (virtual) bow - well deserved. I and i'm sure all forum users appreciate how much of your own time was placed into this project. The end product was well worth it.

I got to meet Trish there too which was nice to put a face on the username. Special respect to Dublin Camera Club also for enabling the whole thing to happen through their physical presence. I'm plenty sure that there are many demands on the gallery time and big kudos to them for devoting so much of the available Saturdays to this forums exhibition.

I've already gone on for too long but a BIG thank you to everyone involved.

Oh and one final thing - my wife had the comment of the day regarding Dodgykeeper's hanging print. She reckoned it was easy to tell he (Dodgykeeper) was a sports shooter - he obviously managed to focus on two big balls! Enough said.

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭GristlyEnd

I will be at the club meet tomorrow and will collect my prints then. Sorry I couldn't make it to the take down.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

Tomorrow night there is an Exhibition Launch at DCC. This is the new exhibition that replaces the Boards one. It's a collection of images from India by Paul Ryan & Mary Donoghue. There will be a few glasses of wine being offered, so if you are picking up prints then come & be socialble too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

Calina wrote: »
    For those who cannot collect on Tuesday I will be in Dublin this weekend and am thinking of a trip to the Botanic Gardens. Anyone who wants to collec then is welcome to do so.
    Perfect for me. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭trishw78

AnCatDubh wrote: »
    Made it in by the skin of my teeth on Saturday (yes, shame on me for not having gone sooner). I had most of my family with me (5/6 of us were there) and I must report that the exhibition was just mega! Thoroughly enjoyed by everyone from the youngest to myself and my wife.

I got to meet Trish there too which was nice to put a face on the username. Special respect to Dublin Camera Club also for enabling the whole thing to happen through their physical presence. I'm plenty sure that there are many demands on the gallery time and big kudos to them for devoting so much of the available Saturdays to this forums exhibition.

Yes I now know what you look like as well as Leinsterman although I'm sure half the country now knows what Leinsterman looks like after his screaming preformance in Croker on Saturday. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭Nisio

trishw78 wrote: »
    Yes I now know what you look like as well as Leinsterman although I'm sure half the country now knows what Leinsterman looks like after his screaming preformance in Croker on Saturday. ;)

"so you still think you've a chance" I asked him when I picked up my prints at 1 and then Munster lose and he's up on the big screen.

Big thanks to everyone involved in making the exhibition happen and for the feedback on the images I submitted

Oisin

• Registered Users Posts: 6,189 ✭✭✭PaulieC

Calina wrote: »
    It's okay.
    Des and I went and wept into our drinks watching the match afterwards.

I hope to be in at 7.40 tonight to pick up two prints. I hope then to be home at 7.45 in time for the match :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭jaqian

A big thanks to Calina for organising the exhibition, I've no idea how stresfull it was but I hope it hasn't put her off organising future events.

Cheers,
    Rob

What's happening tomorrow?
    Calina going to Botanic Gardens or?

Calina is going on Sunday. She's had a cold most of the week so a crash out day is called for tomorrow.

Don't know what time yet but probably around 10.30 Sunday morning.

Yep. that will be fine, I'll have to get a lift probs as I'm out drinking/gig tomm night and I'd probs fail the ole breathalyser if stopped.

/edit
    wow my 3000th post....in a reply to Calina!

Advertisement