Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Opening: Boards.ie Photography exhibition 21 March at 7.30pm

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

Can I collect my pictures in the frame?
    I can collect anytime.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,120 ✭✭✭nilhg

Hi Nilhg,
    I'm probably gonna be working in down at the Pipers Hill school in Naas towards the middle of next week by the looks of things. I'm going to try to get to the closing on saturday evening for a couple of scoups, however if I don't I'll pick up your prints from DCC on tuesday and meet you on wednesday if that suits both of us.

Buzz

That would be great, cheers. PM on the way.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

Calina wrote: »
    CabanSail, we might bring the others down to the gallery for those dropping in to collect - would there be any objections to that?

What is it they say about Great Minds (or Fools)? :D

I took the pile of prints that were not accepted & put them in the Gallery last Tuesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭trishw78

Calina wrote: »
    I know which of the hanging prints are Fionn's. If he had more than 2 prints submitted I don't know what the others are.
    It's the 'extra' ones I'm not sure about
    To trishw78 >

If you collect mine please, (snowy stream), I could meet you in the Sunny SE some time next week or the week after !

No problem was it just the one print or is there others?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

No problem was it just the one print or is there others?
    Just the one thanks. PM you next week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭ThOnda

I am sorry for being so passive now, but there are more important issue on my agenda now. I cannot come on Saturday - doing workshop on fashion photography. My picture was already sold, but I do not know if the new owner is going to collect both his and mine picture.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭Fionn

trishw78 wrote: »
    I'm based in the Sunny South East incase anyone else needs me to bring work back down on Saturday for you.

hey Trish
    the two that were picked were Rock of Cashel and Barbed Wire with sheeps wool and the Comeraghs in the background.
    and the the third one that wasn't picked is - two men having a pint of Guinness :)
    I'll send you a pm re: collection from you!! thanks.

While i'm here I would like to once again express my gratitude to everyone that made this happen special mention to Calina who dreamed it up and worked tirelessly to bring it to fruition and to CabinSail for facilitating and contributing to the organising of this - well done and many thanks!
    I regret that i wasn't able to attend myself, but my son did manage to get in and commented very favourably on the whole setup!

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,064 ✭✭✭dakar

I had hoped to be able to make the grand finale, but unfortunately now I can't (stupid working the stupid bank holiday weekend grrrrrr). I will be in Dublin for the June Bank Holiday though, if somone Dublin based could kindly hold onto my prints for me, I could pick them up them.

Alternatively, if you want rid of them, I can paypal the cost of P&P (don't really want to put anyone to the hassle of having to wrap them up though!)

Failing both of the above, auction them off to the higest bidder at the closing and we'll find a charitable home for the cash:).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭sineadw

I'll hopefully be in from around 4 tomorrow. I can give a hand with whatever's needed :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Calina

This is so cool.

Okay, see a bunch of you tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 rabalder

Thonda,
    I dont know if pete has been in touch with you?
    Anyhows, I'll be collecting your print and his, so if someone could give me some details of what time is good, i'll be there!

• Registered Users Posts: 29 rabalder

hey, ive just did some reading through the thread here. I'll be down around 5pm to collect the prints on Pete4130 behalf. see you then!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭GristlyEnd

rabalder wrote: »
    hey, ive just did some reading through the thread here. I'll be down around 5pm to collect the prints on Pete4130 behalf. see you then!

Do you know if Pete sold his print?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭leinsterman

I'll pop in around 12:10 to drop off something for Calina ... sorry I can't make the tear down beers ... but in the (slightly modified) words of Bill Shankly -
    "Rugby is not just a matter of life and death: it's much more important than that"

... apologies to Bill for the slight change!!

Yep, tomorrow's match is of life importance, agreed.

I'll be in around 2 myself, I hope. May have to run to Gunns for a few more filters.

5pm is take down and yeah, I believe Pete's photograph is accounted for.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,189 ✭✭✭PaulieC

if I come in in the afternoon can I collect both of mine ? (one displayed and one not selected). otherwise I'll collect on Tuesday night

Same as Cambo, can I collect tomorrow?
    Can't make Tuesdays.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

Is Rugby the one with the round or oval balls?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭RoryW

Enjoy the final day tomorrow and the take down beers

Unable to make it as I have temporarily fled the country (back Monday:P)

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭Nisio

No wind for windsurfing today ( :( ) so I might call in around 12 to pick up prints

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,852 ✭✭✭Hugh_C

Hiya, I've been tied up and haven't/won't be able to make it in. What's the story on prints that were rejected and not displayed? How/when can they be collected?

Thanks Hugh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭mobileblog

Nice work guys. Glad I just caught it on the last day. The prints look great.

Time flies etc etc. It's all gone. Never to be again, at least not in that form.

Bunch of photographs have gone to their homes. A load more have not. They will be in Dublin Camera Club on Tuesday evening, after that they will need to be collected from me with some urgency. So if you have a photograph or several that needs collecting, either come to the gallery Tuesday evening or contact me to collect. Soon.

I want to thank a bunch of people:

CabanSail, leinsterman, bovril, rahtkennades, Valentia, sineadw, DarrenG, 4sb, trishw78 and AnimalRights all of whom did gallery duty during the six weeks. Thanks a million. You have no idea how much that helped.

CabanSail who liased with Dublin Camera Club and made a lot of things very, very easy for us. He also helped hang the exhibition on Day 1 and laughed at me when Ireland won the Grand Slam.

DeV, Darragh, Dav and the crew at boards.ie who were dead helpful with things like announcements and a little bit of sponsorship at a material time.

stctc who did the prints for pretty much everyone.

A load of people whom I've already thanked earlier for helping with the early organisation, including Sebzy and Fajitas! in particular.

CabanSail and I hung the exhibition. trishw78, rahtkennades, bovril, jaqian and I took it down today. On opening night, trishw78 and ThOnda washed the wine glasses. This was much appreciated

More than anything, we wouldn't be here without all the photography submissions. I no longer have a full list to hand (which is a pity because then I could track you down to give back the pictures) but for everyone who submitted something, thank you very much. Thank you very, very, very much.

I forgot to collect mine today!
    I think I have 3 frames, 2 that were hung and 1 that er wasn't!
    I work Tuesday nights but can collect them off you somewhere else?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭gary82

Well done to all! Unfortunately I never made it over to the east coast. Would it be possible to have an online version of the exhibition now? Maybe a Flickr set?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Sorry Calina, didn't make it in to collect the photos. What time on Tuesday are you there or I can arrange to meet up with you and collect them at some later stage?

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

You should all be proud of what you achieved, speaking from the Boards POV, we have been very proud to be associated with it. Well done all...

So, what next? :p

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,944 ✭✭✭pete4130

MY friend Eithne collected the Chairs print that was hanging, my leaf print which wasn't used in the exhibition and Thonda's horse print. One of my prints was left behind, and I can't even remember what my 3rd one was at this stage? I'll send Steve a PM and ask him what my 3rd print was so I can arrange for it to be collected. If it's too much trouble Calina can keep it as a thankyou gift if she likes.

Thanks, Pete.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Dodgykeeper

Couldnt make it in yesterday was at the game, the expo started and ended with two huge rugby matches!

What time on tuesday can the pics be collected!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭ThOnda

I would like to thank everybody involved, especially all people who took the weekend duties.

Advertisement