Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Opening: Boards.ie Photography exhibition 21 March at 7.30pm

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭Covey

A 5D 11 video on Youtube would be more effective imo.

C'mon AR, I know you'll come up trumps ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

I got to hold AR's 5D Mk2 (that night) and its some machine !!

Does anyone remember the fella (sooooo drunk) that fell over onto the floor beside our table ? My wife informs me that he was pushed !! by the woman beside him !!!!

Also: my wife is convinced she saw CabanSail yesterday in Kildare Village Outlet centre, she shouted (as we were leaving the carpark) "...look, there's cabansail !!", I said "..caban what, sail where !!"

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Calina

Does anyone remember the fella (sooooo drunk) that fell over onto the floor beside our table ? My wife informs me that he was pushed !! by the woman beside him !!!!

yes and your wife is right I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

CabanSail wrote: »
    Could ..... yes .... but Would you?
    Ya, 11-1 is ok for me...just pm me what I have to do.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

Also: my wife is convinced she saw CabanSail yesterday in Kildare Village Outlet centre, she shouted (as we were leaving the carpark) "...look, there's cabansail !!", I said "..caban what, sail where !!"

It must have been my doppelgänger!! I was in town still (I think)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

yes and your wife is right I think
    ....yep, she's ALWAYS right, especially on Mother's day !! :D
    It must have been my doppelgänger!! I was in town still (I think)
    ....aha, you were seen in a BMW, with......I have pics ! ;)
    I can be bought out of course, and then I can pay ThOnda as he is holding me to ransom also !! :rolleyes:

ThOnda has a picture of AnimalRights and dakar that has to be worth money. I know cos I took it.

Going to put the gallery roster up on google docs in a short while. This at least should make it possible for us to keep tabs on who said they'd do what when.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

....aha, you were seen in a BMW, with......I have pics ! ;)

Ohhhh no ...... to be seen in a BMW is definitely a worth a ransom!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭Valentia

Ya, 11-1 is ok for me...just pm me what I have to do.

Holy ****!!! I'm getting out of there at 12.55 sharp so!!

Only joking, looking forward to meeting you! :)

The person who has the first shift has to get the keys to open up the Gallery. I will run through that later. There is a sign that needs to be put on the street, the lights to be turned on & curtains drawn. There is a book to keep a tally of the number of visitors during the shift. The last person has to close things up again & drop the keys back into the post box.

• Advertisement

Where and what time do we get the keys from?

We've Saturday coming covered? Great.

There'll be a google doc on it shortly.

Okay, here's the googledoc.

I'm not fully au fait with how it works, if you want to sign up, try and if it doesn't work, let me know and I'll share it with you if you've a google id.

Where and what time do we get the keys from?

Can you make it along to the meeting on Tuesday night? I would then be able to give you the keys & show you how to open up.

CabanSail wrote: »
    Can you make it along to the meeting on Tuesday night? I would then be able to give you the keys & show you how to open up.
    Soz just in from pub, I work Tuesday nights.......

/edit
    I live city centre so maybe I can pick keys up from somewhere else?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭gary82

Lad you should know that the Dublin Camera Club website says....

"The show will open on Saturday the 21st of May with a wine reception taking place from 7.30 - 9.00pm"

Exhibition looks great, fair play to all involved, hope to get over to Dublin for a look during that time.

George

• Registered Users Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

gary82 wrote: »

Joe

:confused::confused::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭gary82

I go by many many names on 'tinternet! :D
    *scurries off into the shadows*

Pat

/confusion works.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,064 ✭✭✭dakar

Calina wrote: »
    ThOnda has a picture of AnimalRights and dakar that has to be worth money. I know cos I took it.

The only saving grace is that at least I can't be blackmailed by the threat of showing it to Mrs dakar since she was sitting there!:D

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,280 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Looks like myself and another Boardsie will be dropping into the exhibition on Saturday. Just so we're not wandering around like eejits, which end of Camden Street is the gallery or what's it near?

• Advertisement

Near end on left from town direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭sineadw

@zaph - it's opposite the camden palace?

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,280 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Cool, thanks guys, looking forward to it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Wait, is it on again? Please say yes cos I missed it last week! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭trishw78

faceman wrote: »
    Wait, is it on again? Please say yes cos I missed it last week! :(

It's on till the 2nd May 2009

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

gonna try make it in over the next few weeks... hopefully i can, want to see it, might be able to make it over easter holidays.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,852 ✭✭✭Hugh_C

Hi,

I was just wondering what's happening with the prints that didn't make the cut? When can we get them back?

Cheers, HC

Hugh_C wrote: »
    Hi,

What's happening with the prints that didn't make the cut? When can we get them back?

Cheers, HC

We used them as firelighters as it was nippy enough at last weeks opening and the DCC has a grand old fire place.
    Although we did have a whip-round and raised €23.29 as renumiration.
    I will be there Saturday morning from 10.55am onwards if you want to collect the cash.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,852 ✭✭✭Hugh_C

I'd prefer the print
    :confused:

• Advertisement

ashes.jpg

:o:(

Advertisement