Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Opening: Boards.ie Photography exhibition 21 March at 7.30pm

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭leinsterman

DarrenG wrote: »
    Heading to Gunn's on Saturday for some film so will drop by and return the favour of coffee ;)

Excellent ... Cappuccino please ... with Cinnamon and Chocolate on top ... :D

See you Saturday ...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Calina

Hmm...was hoping to offer my services this weekend but looks like I have to be away Fri and Sat at least.

How is next weekend (ie 18th) fixed? I can do a shift?

Can you do the weekend of 25 April at all?

Heading to Gunn's on Saturday for some film so will drop by and return the favour of coffee ;)

DarrenG,

would be worth checking they are open. I am sure someone mentioned last weekend that they might not be.

Calina wrote: »
    DarrenG,

would be worth checking they are open. I am sure someone mentioned last weekend that they might not be.

Actually they are not open, John said he is off to the West ... does that mean no coffee? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭GristlyEnd

I'm sure the camera exchange on Sth Great Georges St. will be open. There will be coffee.

• Advertisement

I'm sure the camera exchange on Sth Great Georges St. will be open. There will be coffee.

Cheers!! :p:D

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭rahtkennades

Calina wrote: »
    Can you do the weekend of 25 April at all?

Yup. Any time is good. 1-3 probably best to avoid getting keys etc, but if required, no bother.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭Valentia

I'm presuming I'm down for the 1-3 this week? Calina the roster I'm seeing only has the 1st week on it.

It's a pity Gunns is closed. That's part of the attraction of the trip up.

roster is fixed. Didn't realise that the updates weren't publishing.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

I will head in tomorrow morning & open up. I have a couple of chores to do there before heading off to Wicklow for an afternoon of violence. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

Some guy a bit drunk came into my shop last night and collected food and blurted out have I work in an exhibition...I said yeah and the fckr walked out without explaining how he knew....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭sineadw

I'm gonna try to get in tomorrow. I need a break from the house...

Grand so ... see you there ...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Dodgykeeper

Was in briefly today, didnt get to speak to you as had the three kids with me and the two guys there had their hands full with a visitor, pics look great was really impressed as were the kids (well 2 of the were the young lad said Meh!)

Saw your name in the book, sorry to miss you.

a few happy snaps ...

Danny's new best mate ...
    3432444929_eaa7915104.jpg

... some punter who walked into the gallery ... (hey Danny the video of you and this guy is priceless ...)

3433245156_b7e495520a.jpg

photostream

photostream

... and finally the people who don't know what's good for them ...

3432414473_a4f0503207.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭Valentia

Nice guy Tony. We look like twins :D

Love the collage Leinsterman, just shows, voyeurism works!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭bovril

I'll do the middle slot next weekend (18th) if you need someone.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

That would be good.

We need the other two slots filled. Volunteers?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Dodgykeeper

CabanSail wrote: »
    That would be good.

We need the other two slots filled. Volunteers?

Would love to help but with three young kids its so hard to go missing on a saturday!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭sineadw

Honestly can't :( I'm up to my eyes... Sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Buzz Lightyear

I'm in for the opening at 11 to 1. I picked up the gallery keys from Tony this evening. I hand over to Bovril for the middle slot. Have we one more volunteer for locking up ?

Only a few slots left now

18th April - 3 to 5

25th April - 3 to 5

2nd May - 11 to 1

@Buzz, can you run through the opening procedure with me on Sat please, I'm down for opening the following Sat. Not sure when I'll get to pick up keys though next week. I'll chat with cabansail about that nearer the time.

No problems Bovril, it's quite straight forward. Just remind me on saturday as the long term memory can be a bit hazy :o;). See you then.

What is the official procedure if someone with a Brian Cowan shaped photo in a rucksack enters the gallery and tries to sneak it up on the wall and you are on duty??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,569 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

bovril wrote: »
    What is the official procedure if someone with a Brian Cowan shaped photo in a rucksack enters the gallery and tries to sneak it up on the wall and you are on duty??

Sell it

Inform the Media & milk it for all it's worth!

• Advertisement

IF its a painting go down to the green and sell it for a few bob. If its a 'shopped photo, hang it, call the media and Christies and get as much as you can for it.;)

Advertisement