Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Opening: Boards.ie Photography exhibition 21 March at 7.30pm

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

Do we have anyone tomorrow for the 3-5 slot yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

IF its a painting go down to the green and sell it for a few bob. If its a 'shopped photo, hang it, call the media and Christies and get as much as you can for it.;)

Lol, media won't take any more of those up... Just like they didn't report the other paintings that went up in galleries about Dublin...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Calina

CabanSail wrote: »
    Do we have anyone tomorrow for the 3-5 slot yet?

I will do it if no one else volunteers.

Hi guys,

I was a bit bored at 20 to 5 yesterday evening so did some counting.

You might be interested to know that 400 people have been through the doors of the exhibition so far.

We only have 2 more weeks on display and then, take down is just after 5 on 2 May.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭DotOrg

i've been looking through lots of posts but can't see the opening hours, i've tried to go down several times but it's always been closed. If you advertise the opening hours lots more will go i'm sure

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭oshead

DotOrg wrote: »
    i've been looking through lots of posts but can't see the opening hours, i've tried to go down several times but it's always been closed. If you advertise the opening hours lots more will go i'm sure

I think it's open 11-5 on Saturdays. Could be wrong though. I must go myself before the exhibition closes.

The opening hours are Saturday 11 to 5. Mea culpa on this thread but also, the times are in the site wide announcement at the top of every forum. :D

We need one attendant for Saturday. 3 to 5.

I can't do it myself so please, someone volunteer. We've been very lucky so far in that some people have punched above their weight on attendance duty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭Valentia

Yes. 11-5. Saturdays. 2 weeks left.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭4sb

I can do Saturday 3-5 if someone can explain lock-up - I haven't read the entire thread so if it's described above then I'll go and look.

PM me for my phone no.

4sb / Kazi Ushioda

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭peter1892

I popped in yesterday - really impressed with the work on display, well done to everyone involved!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭gary82

Set off to check this out yesterday but my bus from Galway, and the next one were fully prebooked! :( Might have to do some rescheduling to make next weekend...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

How did last Saturday go in the Gallery?

Next Saturday is the last day of this Exhibition. It has been a really good experience & I think those who have participated in this exercise can see how a really good print adds so much to an image over what you see on a screen.

Thanks to all those who have done their bit & assisted in getting this from an idea to reality.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭bovril

Opening up wasn't that big a deal at all. Pulling the shutter up was the hardest part. I think I got fairly average numbers for the morning stint. Glad I could help out with the duty, it was small compared to what a lot of other people on this project did :)

bovril wrote: »
    Glad I could help out with the duty, it was small compared to what a lot of other people on this project did :)

Everyone doing a small bits is what made it all happen. Your part was not small at all, as you went to the effort & expense of printing & submitting prints. Then you have looed after the Gallery. It is appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭rahtkennades

The middle stint was grand too. Not a huge number of people through, but that might be just my scary head making them change their mind!
    Cabansail, I don't know if anybody else has mentioned it, but it might be worth your while getting some small flyers printed (credit card size) with the details of the DCC (eg when the meetings are, the web link and the gallery opening times). I had a few people ask for details and unfortunately didn't have them to hand.

The pamphlets are on the "to do" list ..... have been for a while now too. We normally direct them to the website www.dublincameraclub.ie for information (we need to put the website on the window too)

Once this Kilmainham Exhibition is opened I must do something about that. Thanks for the reminder.

Hi,

I did the 3-5 slot. Good number of people in - 20-30, maybe more. Better weather I guess. Good comments, definitely Borderfox and Elven photos were favourites that people commented on.

Kazi/4sb

One more Saturday ..... One slot, the 11 - 1, left to fill. Who will open for the last time?

I have the Gallery Keys with me, but I am away for the weekend so will not be there for the Take Down/Beers.

The Photo's that were not selected, but in storage have now been placed in the Gallery ready for collection. The prints in the frames will need to be removed, the frames reassembled & stacked.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭leinsterman

... missed the opening due to Rugby ... will be missing the closing for the same reason ... I'll be in Croker while you are all tearing the place apart ...

Great exhibition ... well done to everyone who participated ...

Can't do the 11-1 session due to my guitar lesson around the corner ... but I can pop by around 12:15 for an hour if it helps ... just in case there is someone out there who can only do the first hour ...

Calina if you want to get that hot shoe spirit level then it will have to be around 12:15 at the gallery ...

Bah. Lightweights all you rugby fans.

Can someone please look at doing the opening on Saturday for us, please? I will be in for closing and de-hanging and all that but it would help if I didn't have to come in for 11. One last hurrah for someone to see the fun we had for the last 6 weeks.

Also: collecting photographs please people who have photographs to be collected tell me how you plan to collect them. This is very important to me.

Re: closing drinks - my plans have changed marginally. I want to go to Devitts for a few once the exhibition is down but I can't seem myself getting trashed. We should be there from around 5.30, 6pm all going well. This may change if Munster win.

Please come.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

definitely Borderfox
    .....I didn't know Keith had a photo in the exhibition ! unless it was added after the launch. I wonder is it the photo of Keith's horse by ThOnda..... mmmm. Great photo BTW ! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭Valentia

If I had a brain I'd be dangerous. I wont make it I'm afraid. I'm in a play on Saturday night.

Well done to everyone involved.

Calina, don't forget to take that picture with you ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭rahtkennades

Hi there,

if there's no other offers, I'll do the opening slot Saturday (though my head might be a bit poorly!). Not sure how to arrange to collect keys though; Cabansail, do you work in town by any chance?

I'll be in for 5 to collect my print, will be running to the pub for 5.30pm to watch the rugby though!!!

Cheers

Des

I cant make it on Saturday at any time, much as though I'd like to. What are the options on picking up after the weekend. Or Calina, would you mind holding on to it and I can collect from you directly - I'm in the South Dublin area.

PS what happened to the Auction / for charity. I think I said mine could go in to that.

Kazi / 4sb

The Auction was going to be at the Opening Night, but with so much else going on it sort of just fizzled out.

If you want to leave prints at DCC then they can be picked up on a Tuesday night meeting. They can be stored for a short while, but not indefinitely. Just let Calina know what you want done.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,120 ✭✭✭nilhg

I'm not going to get up on Saturday, if somebody is coming Kildare way could they bring my three prints and I'll collect them, if not if anybody is going to the Mike Brown talk on Thursday maybe they could bring my prints to that?

If all that fails I'll PM CabanSail to arrange to get them collected.

Again thanks to all who put such great work into this exhibition, it was a pleasure to get up for the opening and my daughter was highly impressed with it when she popped in one afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭trishw78

Fionn (Tom) or anyone else that I'm collecting prints for could you give me a brief description of the shots I bringing back for you.

I'm based in the Sunny South East incase anyone else needs me to bring work back down on Saturday for you.

Ta

I know which of the hanging prints are Fionn's. If he had more than 2 prints submitted I don't know what the others are.

CabanSail, we might bring the others down to the gallery for those dropping in to collect - would there be any objections to that?

rahtkennades if you can open that would be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

To trishw78 >
    I'm based in the Sunny South East

If you collect mine please, (snowy stream), I could meet you in the Sunny SE some time next week or the week after !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Buzz Lightyear

nilhg wrote: »
    I'm not going to get up on Saturday, if somebody is coming Kildare way could they bring my three prints and I'll collect them, if not if anybody is going to the Mike Brown talk on Thursday maybe they could bring my prints to that?

Hi Nilhg,
    I'm probably gonna be working in down at the Pipers Hill school in Naas towards the middle of next week by the looks of things. I'm going to try to get to the closing on saturday evening for a couple of scoups, however if I don't I'll pick up your prints from DCC on tuesday and meet you on wednesday if that suits both of us.

Buzz

Advertisement