Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Opening: Boards.ie Photography exhibition 21 March at 7.30pm

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Calina

• Registered Users Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭GristlyEnd

Was worried I wouldn't have anyone to take over from me :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

DarrenG wrote: »
    You are a hard act to follow!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭sineadw

I should be able to do a slot again next week. This Sat is hectic though! GAA matches to attend etc! My 6 year old has a better social life than me :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,569 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Hey guys, is this still on?
    I think i'll make a trip down tommorrow

Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭Valentia

Tallon wrote: »
    Hey guys, is this still on?
    I think i'll make a trip down tommorrow

Cheers

The details are here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/announcement.php?f=27

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,569 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

I seen that, just making sure its still on :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭leinsterman

DarrenG wrote: »

Hi Darren ... I'll pop by after my guitar lesson at 12:15ish to keep you company ... would you be requiring a cup of coffee and a nice danish pastry at that time ?

Hi Darren ... I'll pop by after my guitar lesson at 12:15ish to keep you company ... would you be requiring a cup of coffee and a nice danish pastry at that time ?

Don't let me stop you Leinsterman :D but swap the coffee for tea.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Anouilh

The Exhibition is not to be missed. It is a credit to all involved and gives many ideas on how to present work well, especially in the very well chosen silver frames.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭rahtkennades

Agree 100%. I was in at it today, it's put together very well.

Thanks to Calina and Cabansail and DCC for the organisation and hosting, and to all the contributors for their entries.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭pippatee

Popped in today with the family ... great work all round ...

Philip

I wish you people had come and introduced yourselves...I'd have really liked it. Philip, I did see your name on the book as it happens.

Calina wrote: »
    I wish you people had come and introduced yourselves...I'd have really liked it. Philip, I did see your name on the book as it happens.

I don't think you were there when I dropped in, Calina.

There were two men chattting at the desk, one younger, one older. I just signed my name and said how great it all looked.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Anouilh wrote: »
    one older.

Must have been Danny...

I'm pretty sure that was me and RoryW. I remember you coming in and talking to us but didn't know you where on boards too.

Btw I was the younger one :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

The Exhibition is not to be missed. It is a credit to all involved and gives many ideas on how to present work well, especially in the very well chosen silver frames.

The Silver Frames are one set of the frames that DCC own for the Gallery, the other set is plain pine frames.

We had 99 visitors through the Gallery today. Great response to the Exhibition. I have to keep changing hats .... Boards Hat for a while then the DCC Hat. Was nice to meet a few more people today & we had a good chat while minding the Gallery. It was also great to have someone to mind the shop while I went shopping in Gunns :D (Thanks Calina)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

What did you buy!

I personally bought a tobacco grad filter and a gorilla pod.

CabanSail 50mmified himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭pippatee

Calina wrote: »

Ah, that was you Calina ...I saw you showing off your gorillapod as I was leaving ( I was the lad with the baby, if you remember....) ...I would have introduced myself but the clan were hungry for Burger King ... and I was already there for too long :-)

• Advertisement

Yes, I remember now. Nice to see you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭RoryW

one older

....ouch :eek::)

RoryW wrote: »
    ....ouch :eek::)

Should have mentioned, both very friendly...

(I'm ancient, BTW. Everything is relatively relative.)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭trishw78

Fionn wrote: »
    many apologies that i haven't been more active, and unfortunately i could not contribute any time and that!
    but it would great if you (Trish) could bring my prints back to South Tipp i'm sure i could make arrangements to pick them up in due course.
    thanks

:)

No problem clonmel is only 25 mins away from me

• Registered Users Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭Fionn

thatd be great Trish!!
    I know some people around your area who come to clonmel regularly, so i'll pm you closer to the date.

Two people required for Gallery Duty next Saturday.

11 - 1 & 3 - 5

I know it's Easter but without an attendant the Gallery will not open.

Any takers?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭leinsterman

CabanSail wrote: »
    Two people required for Gallery Duty next Saturday.

11 - 1 & 3 - 5

I know it's Easter but without an attendant the Gallery will not open.

Any takers?

I can do 11-1 ...

Okay, I'll do 3-5 then.

I can do 11-1 ...

Heading to Gunn's on Saturday for some film so will drop by and return the favour of coffee ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭rahtkennades

Hmm...was hoping to offer my services this weekend but looks like I have to be away Fri and Sat at least.

How is next weekend (ie 18th) fixed? I can do a shift?

Advertisement