Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Opening: Boards.ie Photography exhibition 21 March at 7.30pm

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

Hugh_C wrote: »
    Hi,

I was just wondering what's happening with the prints that didn't make the cut? When can we get them back?

Cheers, HC

They are in storage at DCC. Some people too theirs on the opening night. I can get them back to you on any Tuesday night if you want to pick them up. Otherwise we will be having a post exhibition Beers & we can hand back the prints then.

There seems to be a market for the prints that did not make the exhibition at Devitt's ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,189 ✭✭✭PaulieC

hoping to get in in the morning...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,852 ✭✭✭Hugh_C

CabanSail wrote: »
    They are in storage at DCC.

Is it possible to collect it on Saturday? Tuesdays aren't always convenient with kids and suchlike.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

Not really, as the area where the prints are stored is not open unless there is someone there with a key.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

Gonna have bath/shave now and I printed out the complicated instructions for opening! :o

• Advertisement

shoot! i'm headin in this morning and was hoping to collect my spare...AR, hope you don't mind havin kids there :-)

Or...I hope your kids don't mind me been there!

76A00D46A59C489B9E9AE5E032FA97F9-800.jpg

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Damn it, I knew I was meant to do something this morning than just have a lie in!

Callina, sorry... I'll try to get there shortly!

DeV.

Calina's shift is not til 3pm I think, I was the morning shift and then handed over to Valentia for the 1-3 slot.

• Advertisement

76A00D46A59C489B9E9AE5E032FA97F9-800.jpg

ah my calling card...hope there wasn't too many of these left?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭Valentia

There was nearly 60 people in between 1-3. Great reaction too. It was like a boards hangout for a few hours and a very pleasant way to spend a few hours. Great meeting ye all again. We could have a few new visitors here yet. Deirdre, are you there? ;)

It was also great to visit Gunns after a few years and see Fiona, Louise and John in such good form. Wonderful people! Ordered a Panasonic Lumix DMC LX3. Shhhhhhh!

DCC.jpg

A big thank you to AnimalRights, Valentia & Sineadw for doing Gallery Duty today. It sounds like you had a busy day with over 120 visitors. There must have been a lot of people along from here as that's about double the normal number of people through the door. I hope you all enjoyed being there.

Now .... who do we have for the three slots next Saturday?

I can do the same slot in two weeks. Yep, it was a really enjoyable day :).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Calina

DeVore wrote: »
    Damn it, I knew I was meant to do something this morning than just have a lie in!

Callina, sorry... I'll try to get there shortly!

DeV.

Oh dear.

I had minor issues myself. I was giving a photography lesson that ran over by an hour or so. I got into town an hour later than planned, practically 5pm as it happened. I am very sorry as I had wanted to try and get in to see Valentia as well.

We can try for next weekend, I think I am not shipping out.

Valentia, if you do that slot in two weeks, I'll be in to see you. Promise.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Aha! I dont feel so bad now, but you must have just missed me as I left shortly before 5 :(

We'll try again next week :)

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭peter1892

Well done to all involved - I'll pop along for a visit next saturday :)

Calina wrote: »
    Valentia, if you do that slot in two weeks, I'll be in to see you. Promise.

Jazus woman!!! Not so loud. There could be people listening!!:eek:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,414 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Congrats to all involved in pulling it together. Popped in today and as a regular visitor to each exhibition in that gallery I'd say this is definately one of its better displays.
    Thanks for showing me around and filling in the names Sineadw and it was good to put faces to the people I met. An all too brief visit as I was under a bit of preasure but it was well worth the stop off.

Again well done to all involved as it can be a fiddly 'mare to bring those things together and even harder to pull off as well as you all have.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,852 ✭✭✭Hugh_C

ashes.jpg

:o:(

Thanks for that AR, you've been Cowened :D

801C62AF206F44AB8FCD55C9FF810E6C-800.jpg

I need three names for next Saturday. Hopefully a DCC Member for the first slot so they can get the keys on Tuesday night.

11 -1, 1-3, 3-5.

Volunteers?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭GristlyEnd

I can do 11-1 and will be in tomorrow night.

Thanks Darren.

So anyone for the other two slots?

Also. I'll need to start working out how photographs are going to get to their [new] homes.

We're unhanging on 2nd May and there will be post closing drinks so if people are going to be around for that, a few of them can go home that evening I guess.

Anyone based in Dublin I can probably arrange to meet in the city centre (near a carpark for preference) at some point in the future but it would facilitate me greatly if that was a Saturday afternoon.

Anyone based outside Dublin will have to let me know who they are. Southeast we might be able to bribe Trish perhaps (Trish?) to take a few. Anyone anywhere else, please at least give me a ballpark on where you are.

Any suggestions?

Also, we need another volunteer for Sat as I will do one of the slots (which ever one doesn't suit the other volunteer basically).

Any volunteers? Please?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭trishw78

Yeah, If anyone wants me to bring there photo's down south east way I can that's not a problem... I'll be up on the 2nd collecting mine and doing a shift in the gallery

• Registered Users Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭Fionn

many apologies that i haven't been more active, and unfortunately i could not contribute any time and that!
    but it would great if you (Trish) could bring my prints back to South Tipp i'm sure i could make arrangements to pick them up in due course.
    thanks

:)

My schedule has just changed so I am going to do Gallery Duty next Saturday in the 3-5 slot.

If anyone wants to pick up prints during that time I will be able to get access to them.

We now just need someone for 1-3

• Advertisement

I'll do 1 to 3 then.

That's fine by me.

Advertisement