Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Emmerdale [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭cats.life

sure we can get in touch with mia when she come,s over to ireland ,she might be on boards.ie by then ;).poor girl she will need friends after what she has being through.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Mia is gone,another bit of eye candy gone from the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭optogirl

that was the most ludicrous rouse ever - eh Mia, go to Ireland with your grandad. Why? Just because. Ok.

Glad to see Frank 'I over-act every line no matter how insignificant' Kelly has gone. Absolutely brutal.

Why has nobody even mentioned the possibility of a DNA test?

• Registered Users Posts: 85,479 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Jai tells Charity about Mia next week

Charity proposes to Jai tonight and he accepts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

Marlon, the patron saint of over acting.

• Advertisement

Temaz wrote: »

His scenes when Trisha died were outstanding I even cried

• Registered Users Posts: 8,533 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Temaz wrote: »

Marlon is the character not the actor ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 26 nic2ie

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    His scenes when Trisha died were outstanding I even cried

Thank god someone else is willing to admit that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭pencilsharp

StinkySocs wrote: »
    I was just thinking that, google him he's 36 - real life, and Mia is 24 soooo.... the mother was at it again!!! She should be reported!

I'm sorry my brain is not working properly today, but does that mean Jai was 12 when Mia was conceived??

It wasn't made to sound like that when Declan and Jai were discussing it, it sounded like it was around the time Jai first started in business!

Although my calculations could be completely wrong-my head is like mush!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,533 ✭✭✭Speak Now

I'm sorry my brain is not working properly today, but does that mean Jai was 12 when Mia was conceived??

It wasn't made to sound like that when Declan and Jai were discussing it, it sounded like it was around the time Jai first started in business!

Although my calculations could be completely wrong-my head is like mush!!

No it doesn't, it's just people using the actors date of birth and assuming the charater they're playing is the same age. Same issue arose in fair city thread with Carol being very young when Lorcan was born.

E.G in Corrie

Ken Barlow DOB - 9 October 1939
    William Roache DOB - 25 April 1932

Jai Sharma's entire family is to arrive in Emmerdale.

Jai and brother Nikhil's mother Georgia will be played by The Bill's Trudie Goodwin, Holby Blue actor Bhasker Patel has been cast as her business-obsessed husband Rishi, while Where the Heart Is star Fiona Wade will take on the role of sister Priya, previously played by Effie Woods.

According to ITV, the Sharma family arrive in the Dales this autumn and will create waves over Jai's engagement to Charity Tate.

Goodwin said: "I'm absolutely thrilled to be playing Georgia in Emmerdale. She is a difficult-to-please woman who is set to make life difficult for Charity. I can't wait to start filming next week."
    Series producer Stuart Blackburn added: "I'm delighted to welcome Trudie, Bhasker and Fiona to the cast. There are plenty of trials and tribulations in store for the ever popular Sharma family."

Actress Effie Woods was cast as Emmerdale's original Priya in 2009, but soon left the show and has now been re-cast.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Karen23

Why does that new lad Sean in Emmerdale look like he might be a girl

Karen23 wrote: »

I think it is a girl -- will come out soon I reckon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Karen23

Karen23 wrote: »
    optogirl wrote: »
    I think it is a girl -- will come out soon I reckon

Ye , I think so too but I cant figure out why they're disguising him/her. Suppose I'll just have to wait and find out :rolleyes:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/3866464/Gaynor-Fayes-deal-on-the-Dale.html

Gaynor Faye is joining Emmerdale as Declan Macey's ambitious and intimidating sister Megan

Coming up in Emmerdale, trouble in the Barton family is about to take a surprising turn as Moira cheats on John with bad boy Cain.

The strain in the Bartons' marriage gets worse in the coming days when John (James Thornton) breaks down in the new Land Rover and demands a full refund from Cain, who's quick to tell him that he doesn't have the money because of his financial arrangement with Moira.

John is fuming with Moira (Natalie J Robb) for lying to him but she defends herself by saying that she feels like she can't talk to him anymore as he's so stubborn and angry.

Later, Moira heads off to confront Cain (Jeff Hordley) for spilling the beans, but as tensions rise between them, she finds herself kissing him. Although Moira tries to cut short their moment of passion, Cain pulls her back towards him and, unable to fight their desires for any longer, they sleep together.

Afterwards, Moira is wracked with guilt over what she's done - especially when an apologetic John later says that he wants to make it up to her. Will John find out about Moira's betrayal?

These scenes air on Thursday, October 27 at 8pm on ITV1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Didn't see that coming. I genuinely got the impression that Moira hated Cain with a passion and gives her the creeps.

Surprising to say the least.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

About time they gave Moira Barton a good story line,The more we see of Natalie J Robb the better imo :D Cracking bird

• Advertisement

Anyone think Cain might get killed or injuried badly soon enough he is making lots more enemies lately sparking a "who done it" storyline

Marlon and Laurel bore me zero chemistry awful pairing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

I think Cain has always had plenty of enemies in fairness :p

I haven't heard anything about him leaving so I doubt it tbh.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,539 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Marlon and Laurel bore me zero chemistry awful pairing

They are just an awful, unbelievable pairing. YAWN!! :rolleyes:
    (and I wish, for once, that Sandy wouldn't feel the NEED TO SHOUT EVERYTHING he says!)

Forget to say, I don't get Val and Eric Pollard at the moment.
    They fostered Amy (who looks like a middle aged Oompa Loompa but still..) and just can't stand her! The thought of adopting her revolted them!
    Why did they bother keeping her around, and then fostering her, since they seem to dislike her so much? It certainly wasn't caring or compassion or to give a her a 'loving environment', that's for sure. :rolleyes:
    When you think of some of the troubled teenagers that some amazing people foster, Amy is an angel, but all they do is moan about how she's mucking up their lives and can't wait until she's 18!

I'm not Amy's biggest fan, but she sure lucked out when it came to foster parents getting stuck with this pair.

Posy wrote: »
    Forget to say, I don't get Val and Eric Pollard at the moment.
    They fostered Amy (who looks like a middle aged Oompa Loompa but still..) and just can't stand her! The thought of adopting her revolted them!
    Why did they bother keeping her around, and then fostering her, since they seem to dislike her so much? It certainly wasn't caring or compassion or to give a her a 'loving environment', that's for sure. :rolleyes:
    When you think of some of the troubled teenagers that some amazing people foster, Amy is an angel, but all they do is moan about how she's mucking up their lives and can't wait until she's 18!

I'm not Amy's biggest fan, but she sure lucked out when it came to foster parents getting stuck with this pair.

Amy stole from them, conned or blackmailed money from Eric, lied about Eric's son David I think Eric and Val are saints to put up with her myself

Blatter wrote: »
    I think Cain has always had plenty of enemies in fairness :p

I haven't heard anything about him leaving so I doubt it tbh.

Emmerdale star Natalie J Robb has revealed that there will be more big storylines on the way for the Bartons in 2012.

The family have been brought back to the forefront of the soap in recent months thanks to their feud with Declan Macey and struggle to keep the farm afloat. Robb's character Moira is also about to embark on a steamy affair with Cain Dingle (Jeff Hordley).

Speaking on Lorraine this morning, Robb predicted that Moira may never be quite the same once her current storyline with Cain is over.

"It gives a bit more dimension to the character," she explained. "She's always kind of been on the backburner, Moira, and now she's coming to the forefront. And she'll discover herself - there's a bit of a dark side to her that's going to stick around now."

She continued: "Next year we're going to have even more explosive storylines. It's the 40th anniversary next year - big storylines coming up. There's going to be lots of big stories for the Bartons at the beginning of next year as well."

Robb also hinted that Cain's bad boy ways could come back to haunt him if he carries on upsetting people.

"[There's also] big storylines all around Cain coming up, leading up to Christmas," she said. "He's making a lot of people unhappy, put it that way, in the village. Bad repercussions are coming."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭noveltea

can not believe Moira Barton cheated on John....I knew she was going to do it...but than seeing it tonight....

I loved the way Cain kept openly ogling her (ample!) cleavage, randy beggar! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭littlefriend

Posy wrote: »
    I loved the way Cain kept openly ogling her (ample!) cleavage, randy beggar! :pac:

I love Cain!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement