Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Emmerdale [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,032 ✭✭✭She Devil

Regarding Cain ...
    I bet Nathan comes back to get revenge

• Registered Users Posts: 85,911 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Marlon deserves a smack go on Ashley knock him out :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Aaron leaving

http://www.rte.ie/ten/2011/1118/emmerdale2.html

No surprise. He's a quality actor, will probably go on to bigger things.

Blatter wrote: »
    Aaron leaving

http://www.rte.ie/ten/2011/1118/emmerdale2.html

No surprise. He's a quality actor, will probably go on to bigger things.

There wasnt a lot more they could do with the character but a shame he is leaving great actor :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    There wasnt a lot more they could do with the character but a shame he is leaving great actor :(

They are leaving the door open for his return and he has suggested he'll be back.

I agree, great actor. Probably the best actor in soap tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,551 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

He's just very underused since Jackson's death has been dealt with (so to speak) I suppose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

dancing on ice for him next so! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭littlefriend

Are Nikhil and that girl Gennie ever going to get together - most drawn out story ever!!!

YAY!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Epicurus

YAY!!!!!!!

I'm pleased they got together; but did she have to cheat on Nicky. After Laurel and Moira recently it seems no woman can stay faithful in the village this month.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭neveah

Ah to be fair she hardly cheated on Nicky, she has been in love with Nikhil for months and then he told her he loved her too, I could hardly blame her for jumping on him in a moment of passion! I know I'd have been right in there :D:p
    And she did the right thing in the end because she broke up with Nicky straight away. I have to say that scene was quite funny, they played it very well, I laughed out loud a few times, Nicky was distraught cos he'd never been dumped before and Gennie felt so bad because he saves abandoned puppies!

Anyway delighted for Nikhil and Gennie, it's been a long time coming and it's been one of the better storylines lately in Emmerdale. They are so cute and awkward together, I love them.

Felt so bad for poor Ashley tonight :( The fallout from this story might just be the best thing about it because I was struggling to believe there any kind of chemistry between Marlon and Laurel, let alone that they were in love with each other! Hopefully she will sort things out with Ashley and Marlon will get together with Rachel, the new cleaner in the pub, I think they'd make a good couple.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,551 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

It was ABOUT TIME that Ashley told her he knew!!
    When she was seeing Marlon in the hotel with her "poor Ashley has no idea.." I was like "HE DOES, you fool!!"

(And I think she'd have picked Marlon (why!?) if there were no children in her marriage, which isn't really a great reason to be in a relationship.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

Laurel's turned into a right cold so and so. She was just as guilty as Marlon and now she's turned on him tut tut!:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Anyone else think the son of the lesbian looks like a lesbian himself? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Fionne

amacachi wrote: »
    Anyone else think the son of the lesbian looks like a lesbian himself? :P

I don't know about lesbian but I did actually think we were gonna discover that he was a very tomboy-ish girl. I think this family are gonna take over from the Dingles as the dysfunctional family, Zak and Lisa have certainly gone awfully tame of late.

I'm wondering where the character of Declan Macy has to go now that his wife, father and daughter are all gone - will we see Home Farm sold on yet again??

fonril wrote: »
    I don't know about lesbian but I did actually think we were gonna discover that he was a very tomboy-ish girl. I think this family are gonna take over from the Dingles as the dysfunctional family, Zak and Lisa have certainly gone awfully tame of late.

I'm wondering where the character of Declan Macy has to go now that his wife, father and daughter are all gone - will we see Home Farm sold on yet again??

Declan is staying around his sister is coming in soon

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

There's something wrong with me. I'm finding this "Cain gets progressively more psychotic" thread really funny. When they found the cat, I laughed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭WonderWoman!

Is that woman who plays Ruby actually gay ????

Emmerdale star James Thornton has announced that he is leaving the soap.

The actor will bow out from his role as John Barton early next year after portraying the character since 2009.

Thornton commented: "I have had a fantastic time playing John for the past three years, but it's the longest I have ever played one part and the time now feels right to move on.

"I have decided to leave on a high with a big exit storyline in 2012, which I'm really excited about. I will miss all my colleagues at Emmerdale and have many very fond memories of my time in the Dales."

Emmerdale's series producer Stuart Blackburn added: "James has created a truly memorable character in John and he will be greatly missed, but his decision to leave has enabled us to play a hugely gripping and dramatic storyline which will be a highlight in Emmerdale in the coming months."

John was recently left devastated when his wife Moira (Natalie J Robb) betrayed him by embarking on an affair with bad boy Cain Dingle (Jeff Hordley).

The farmer's fury over the situation will lead to him becoming a suspect when Cain is brutally attacked in a whodunit storyline which begins next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

Im gutted that Pa Barton is going. I like that family unit. Id say he is either going to be killed off or else it turns out that Moira or one of the kids are the one who attack Cain next week and Pa takes the rap for it and goes to prison

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Fionne

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Emmerdale star James Thornton has announced that he is leaving the soap.

Isn't Adam (played by Adam Thomas) leaving as well soon? Surely this means it's likely the rest of the family will follow. I really can't see many storylines revolving around Hannah and Holly, they're not very good actresses to carry a storyline. Moira is a good character but hard to see where she'd fit in without the rest of the family.

Will it mean the end of the last farm in Emmerdale?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

That farm must be the worst farm in the world,Jack had a go at it,then Andy and now John Barton,all three struggled,Its quiet funny that Emmerdale is set in the countryside but you never see a tractor driving through the village :)

Priya is so damn annoying

• Registered Users Posts: 8,999 ✭✭✭Doge

**WARNING CONTAINS SPOILER**
    http://i.imgur.com/paTgC.png

That was a great episode!

is yer woman who plays ruby actually gay?

waveform wrote: »
    **WARNING CONTAINS SPOILER**
    http://i.imgur.com/paTgC.png

Wow that was a very quick birth

Alicat wrote: »
    Wow, did not know that the actors playing Cain (Jeff Hordley) and Rhona (Zoe Henry) are husband and wife :eek:

I find it very hard to see that actor as a nice normal family man, he plays evil bastard so well!

For some reason i think Cain would make the ideal Roy Keane if ever a film about Saipan came out :D

so like him to look at and can display a Keane like temper. he also has the same wit and humour as him.
    i think he could pull off the cork accent too. :)

seriously is alicya eyo actually gay?

• Advertisement

You'd swear Cain had raped Moira and Amy the way the village is going on at him :rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement