Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Emmerdale [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭kaa

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Lisa tells next week

i dont really watch emmerdale so was wonderin what was d story with lisa gettin raped cos i only saw dat on d soap awards last night??? is dis derek a family friend r what like???

I don't really watch emmerdale so was wondering what was the story with lisa getting raped, because I only saw that on the soap awards last night???? Is this Derek a family friend or what like???

• Registered Users Posts: 55,453 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

English please, kaa. Text Speak is against the charter.
    You have a full keyboard, please use it.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,117 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

kaa wrote: »
    i dont really watch emmerdale so was wonderin what was d story with lisa gettin raped cos i only saw dat on d soap awards last night??? is dis derek a family friend r what like???

I don't really watch emmerdale so was wondering what was the story with lisa getting raped, because I only saw that on the soap awards last night???? Is this Derek a family friend or what like???

Derek worked with Lisa at the factory and was good friends with her and Zak, he used to have flirty banter with Lisa and then one night at the factory raped Lisa and he wasnt charged in court with her rape but was charged with another rape

• Registered Users Posts: 8,509 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Derek worked with Lisa at the factory and was good friends with her and Zak, he used to have flirty banter with Lisa and then one night at the factory raped Lisa and he wasnt charged in court with her rape but was charged with another rape

I thought he was charged but was found not guilty :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭optogirl

I thought he was charged but was found not guilty :confused:

Think that's what she meant - wasn't found guilty of raping Lisa but was for the other woman who came forward

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

http://www.digitalspy.ie/soaps/s12/emmerdale/news/a320826/corrinne-wicks-to-leave-emmerdale.html

Why do the best characters have to be got rid off or the actor/actress decide to leave.

Deise Tom wrote: »
    http://www.digitalspy.ie/soaps/s12/emmerdale/news/a320826/corrinne-wicks-to-leave-emmerdale.html

Why do the best characters have to be got rid off or the actor/actress decide to leave.

Ella is no loss imo they should bring back Kim Tate as a new love interest for Declan

thats awful....but at least he is gone to jail anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭cats.life

what do ye think of the new emmerdale credits ? rather the old music .

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭MiloYossarian

I'm not liking them at all, but then I hate change and I'll probably get used to them. It looks like the opening to a completely different show.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

I'm not liking them at all, but then I hate change and I'll probably get used to them. It looks like the opening to a completely different show.

Same. I don't like the fact that they've actually edited the tune, will probably get used to it though. I don't mind the change in the scenery from the green of the dales to the inside of houses and the pub as it's more representative of the soap these days. It is not the agricultural dominated soap it once was and hasn't been for some time.

Anyone remember this one from years ago:eek:

Had a quick look at the Emmerdale Facebook Page last night and the question was asked what people thought of the new start. Of the messages i saw, which amounted to over 1,000 (i did not real them all) no one liked the new start. But as someone said here, we will get used to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Cherrycola

I am just catching up on last nights episode on Sky+ and when it started i was like wtf!!:eek:

Not sure about the new titles yet, but its very Downton Abbey-esque i thought?

They could have left the theme tune alone though, too hard to sing along to it now as the flow is different! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭Cookie33

It seems Jackson's exit occurs on Tues 7th June

Then its a long winded storyline for Hazel and Aaron as they have to answer to the police

Cookie33 wrote: »
    It seems Jackson's exit occurs on Tues 7th June

Then its a long winded storyline for Hazel and Aaron as they have to answer to the police

why do the police ask them questions because i only hav started watchin it really??? what did jackson do???

kaa wrote: »
    why do the police ask them questions because i only hav started watchin it really??? what did jackson do???

Jackson wants to die and his mum and boyfriend Aaron are going to help him I think (assisted suicide)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Cherrycola

Im so bored of the Jackson storyline now, horrible to say, but i cant wait til they kill him off! :o

Emmerdale bosses have announced that a feisty new character named Rachel Breckle is to arrive in the village in July.

The new arrival, played by actress Gemma Oaten, is defensive, argumentative and insistent on defending her young niece Amelia (to be played by 7-year-old Daisy Campbell), after she is accused of bullying Samson Dingle.

The 27-year-old previously appeared in BBC1's Doctors and has been in various stage productions at Drama Studio London.

550w_soaps_emmerdale_rachel_breckle.jpg © ITV

Pictured: Gemma Oaten as Rachel Breckle.

Oaten said: "I'm thrilled to be joining Emmerdale. I've always watched the show and getting the part of Rachel is a dream come true. She is a fantastic character and I'm so excited about filming my first scenes."

Series producer Stuart Blackburn added: "I'm delighted to welcome Gemma to the cast. Rachel will certainly ruffle a few feathers with her straight-talking approach but beneath the surface she is fiercely loyal with a hidden heart of gold."

Oaten starts filming this month and viewers will see her arrival on screen in late July.

http://www.digitalspy.ie/soaps/s12/emmerdale/news/a322842/emmerdale-casts-feisty-newcomer-rachel.html

Emmerdale star Rokhsaneh Ghawam-Shahidi has decided to leave the soap after three years in the role of Leyla Harding.

The actress chose not to renew her contract with the ITV1 show and will film her final scenes as Leyla later this month, the Daily Star Sunday reports.

Speaking to the newspaper, Ghawam-Shahidi confirmed: "I have had an amazing three years at Emmerdale and it has been a really tough decision to leave."

News of Leyla's departure comes just days before viewers will see her receive an unexpected proposal from boyfriend David Metcalfe, played by Matthew Wolfenden.

The feisty character has also been tipped for further clashes with sister Alicia Gallagher (Natalie Anderson) before making her departure. Emmerdale's sibling duo have frequently been at odds over youngster Jacob, who was raised by Alicia despite being Leyla's biological son.

Details of Leyla's exit storyline are currently unknown. However, teasing the possible consequences for Alicia, David and Jacob, a source told the tabloid: "There will be more than one broken heart when she goes."

• Advertisement

Aww, really sad she's leaving. The worst thing is is that it seems completely out of character for leyla. Everything she wants is in the village.

Aww, really sad she's leaving. The worst thing is is that it seems completely out of character for leyla. Everything she wants is in the village.

I hope Alicia leaves as well both are boring and annoying imo

The actors playing Hazel, Aaron and Jackdon are doing brillant in their storyline superb acting all round from them

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

Awww god, heartbreaking! :( such good acting by the trio!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭123balltv

:( heartbreaken well done emmerdale
    poor Adam finally he's free he was like a prisoner in his own body I truly felt for Hazel brilliant actress Pauline Quirke I will miss her when she leaves

Just about to leave a scathing criticism of Hazel and say how much I hate her, but after tonight I don't anymore. I felt she did well.
    It was sad, and well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭littlefriend

Damn I missed it - did he die tonight?

Emmerdale proved this evening why it is the best soap/drama by a mile.

Damn I missed it - did he die tonight?

Yes Aaron helped him in the end as his mother couldnt do it

Very sad and heartbreaking :( well done to Emmerdale

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭je55ie

Heartbreaking, brilliant acting, best soap by far!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭Bubblegums

Each time I watch the Jackson-Aaron storyline I end up crying my eyes out! The 2 lads are fantastic actors, and tonight, Pauline Quike played a storm too, you could feel the whole sadness through the tv! Best soap storyline and acting in years from any soap, how Eastenders can beat this will be beyond me, in fact I think the whole Eastenders winning lots of soap awards is pure fix!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement