Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Emmerdale [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

jessie37 wrote: »
    Heartbreaking, brilliant acting, best soap by far!

Try say that on Fair City Page. There is some there that will not agree with you. They will not allow one bad word be said about the programme, even if it is constructive.

Bubblegums wrote: »
    Each time I watch the Jackson-Aaron storyline I end up crying my eyes out! The 2 lads are fantastic actors, and tonight, Pauline Quike played a storm too, you could feel the whole sadness through the tv! Best soap storyline and acting in years from any soap, how Eastenders can beat this will be beyond me, in fact I think the whole Eastenders winning lots of soap awards is pure fix!

The whole story-line was brilliant from the start. I feared that it might be a short lived thing, but thankfully it wasnt. The end gave a great insight to the story, the person that wanted to die and the person or people that did not want to leave them go. I am a bit disapointed that the writers got rid of or agreed to leave the actor go, which ever is the case however. I would like them to have shown that what challenges disabled people are met with in their day to day lives and what they have to do to get around them. I know they are there as i am physically disabled myself. Some people however dont see the challenges we face, and if Jackson was to stay in the soap it could have opened a few eyes. Maybe they in a while could introduce a new disabled character and explore the challenges. The character need not be as disabled as jackson was. they could have the character get around in a wheelchair or with crutches. I know that they have lizzy but she has different disabilites than what i am referring to.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭123balltv

the cheek of Lizzy talking to Hazel like that
    she can walk, feel, feed herself, go to the toilet etc poor Jackson he was
    living a life he did'nt want.

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭MiloYossarian

I'm fairly shocked that Hazel isn't getting more sympathy. She's just lost a child in the saddest of ways and everybody is attacking her. Outrageously, unabashed venom. Except for Bob, David and Leyla , nearly everybody in the village has roared at her.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭siobhan.murphy

wtf is the story with Etna calling the king lads "master" ffs!

• Advertisement

wtf is the story with Etna calling the king lads "master" ffs!

She always does it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭optogirl

Deise Tom wrote: »
    Try say that on Fair City Page. There is some there that will not agree with you. They will not allow one bad word be said about the programme, even if it is constructive.

Example: a nameless poster will reply like this

'I don't agree:):). FC has no budget and still manages to be the best programme ever made in the history of the world:). That's just my opinion but you don't get to air yours:):)'

You will then be accused of bullying

As for Edna calling them Master James & Master Karl - that is the most wan*y bolli* I've ever seen. And why does she never take off her bleedin hat. Is she bald?

And as for Ashley and his 'morals' - what has what Hazel & Aaron have done got to do with burying Jackson??? It pi**es me off that he changes his moral standpoint from year to year - another storyline could just have easily been him going against the Bishop & agreeing to do the service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Epicurus

optogirl wrote: »
    And as for Ashley and his 'morals' - what has what Hazel & Aaron have done got to do with burying Jackson??? It pi**es me off that he changes his moral standpoint from year to year - another storyline could just have easily been him going against the Bishop & agreeing to do the service.

When Sam helped Alice to die Ashley refused to do her funeral then as well. He was also estranged from Sandy for years afte Sandy helped his mother to die.

Epicurus wrote: »
    When Sam helped Alice to die Ashley refused to do her funeral then as well. He was also estranged from Sandy for years afte Sandy helped his mother to die.

Are the villagers aware of this fact and maybe if they were would they be more understanding as to why he does not want to conduct the funeral service. I had forgotten about Sandy and Ashley's mother.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

Declan is so stupid! He ignores Ella, and pushes her away, and then loses the rag that she's not around when it suits him!

• Advertisement

Alicat wrote: »
    Declan is so stupid! He ignores Ella, and pushes her away, and then loses the rag that she's not around when it suits him!

They should be keeping Ella and get rid of boring Declan.

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭cats.life

Alicat wrote: »
    yep thats a man all right;)

Deise Tom wrote: »
    The whole story-line was brilliant from the start. I feared that it might be a short lived thing, but thankfully it wasnt. The end gave a great insight to the story, the person that wanted to die and the person or people that did not want to leave them go. I am a bit disapointed that the writers got rid of or agreed to leave the actor go, which ever is the case however. I would like them to have shown that what challenges disabled people are met with in their day to day lives and what they have to do to get around them. I know they are there as i am physically disabled myself. Some people however dont see the challenges we face, and if Jackson was to stay in the soap it could have opened a few eyes. Maybe they in a while could introduce a new disabled character and explore the challenges. The character need not be as disabled as jackson was. they could have the character get around in a wheelchair or with crutches. I know that they have lizzy but she has different disabilites than what i am referring to.

Absolutely agree with you kid, it would have been far better (I feel) if Jackson dealt with his disability in a positive way, to give people with disabilities themselves somebody to aspire to.
    I believe, he was a perfect kind of character to do this with, because he was such a positive person to begin with. I still think that the storyline was handled very well, but , like you, feel it was an opportunity. They do have that blind girl though, they under use her.
    As for the Ella/Declan storyline, I feel like it's a little heavy handed.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,112 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Does Ella not feel any guilt or any remorse for what she is doing to her daughter Mia :confused:

Debbie
    loses her baby next week

Declan found Adam Barton under his wife Ella Ella Ella eh, eh, eh, eh, eh.(to the tube of Rhianna's sing Umbrella)

Emmerdale is really picking up again. Monday's episode was brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭cats.life

can some one tell me who does the makeup for that young wan that lives with polard and wife Aimee or somthing her name is? they must be blind or bouncing on a ball while doing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭pencilsharp

cats.life wrote: »
    can some one tell me who does the makeup for that young wan that lives with polard and wife Aimee or somthing her name is? they must be blind or bouncing on a ball while doing it.

I think they do it like that as part of her character-it is disgusting though, but I have seen loads of girls walking around like that, which is shocking!

cats.life wrote: »

I think Amy is going for the goth chav cheryl tweedy look :p

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭gemma188

Only recently got back into watching Emmerdale and I'm really enjoying it. But I've one question. The last I seen of Cain he was doing a runner with the ransom money after he kidnapped Tom King. And now he's back. But was he ever arrested? If not why didnt he get busted when he returned?

gemma188 wrote: »
    Only recently got back into watching Emmerdale and I'm really enjoying it. But I've one question. The last I seen of Cain he was doing a runner with the ransom money after he kidnapped Tom King. And now he's back. But was he ever arrested? If not why didnt he get busted when he returned?

Cain was working with the police as an informant I think

• Advertisement

Declan gets with
    Katie

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭voter1983

All that girl seems to do is "get with" other characters

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Declan gets with
    Katie

Looks like Ella is going to try put a spanner in the works!

Ella plays dirty by telling Mia that Declan and Katie have been having an affair for a long time. The only thing Ella can do is use Mia, because that's Declan's weak point and that's a nasty thing to do. Katie makes it clear she won't be Declan's secret and she also respects Mia's feelings. But I don't think it's the end of it - hopefully Mia will come round."

Looks like Ella is going to try put a spanner in the works!

Ella plays dirty by telling Mia that Declan and Katie have been having an affair for a long time. The only thing Ella can do is use Mia, because that's Declan's weak point and that's a nasty thing to do. Katie makes it clear she won't be Declan's secret and she also respects Mia's feelings. But I don't think it's the end of it - hopefully Mia will come round."

Mia will find out about her mother and Adam so enough I hope

Declan needs someone like Charity

I wonder will Cain get with Moira or Holly first he does like mother and daughter combos (Angie and Ollie Reynolds anyone) :p

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭Cookie33

I wonder will Cain get with Moira or Holly first he does like mother and daughter combos (Angie and Ollie Reynolds anyone) :p

I heard Cain chats up Holly in an attempt to make Charity jealous

No definitely not Charity for Declan!

I think Moira and Cain would make a good couple! Her life with John is so mundane!-She looks like she has a bit of a wild streak hidden away!

Seemingly Sarah starts getting bruises and initially Debbie and Andy suspect Cameron has something to do with it. Although then Debbie belives Cameron has nothing to do with it. I wonder has Sarah got some kind of luekaemia?

Emmerdale is definitely the only good soap at the moment!

Seemingly Sarah starts getting bruises and initially Debbie and Andy suspect Cameron has something to do with it. Although then Debbie belives Cameron has nothing to do with it. I wonder has Sarah got some kind of luekaemia?

Emmerdale is definitely the only good soap at the moment!

I think it is Samson bullying her

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭Cookie33

It could be the girl who's bullying Samson. Her mum comes to the dingles to accuse Samson of bullying her daughter but I think it's the other way around

• Advertisement

Emmerdale bosses have announced that former Shameless star Kelli Hollis and ex-Bad Girls actress Alicya Eyo have joined the cast of the soap.

The pair have landed the roles of village newcomers Ali Spencer and Ruby Haswell, who are due to make their first appearance on screen in the autumn.

Ali is the sister of troublesome Rachel Breckle (Gemma Oaten), who made her debut last week when she arrived at the Dingles' home for a furious showdown with Sam.

Just as fiery as her outspoken sibling, Ali breaks up with her husband and leaves her flat on the Hotten estate, hoping for a new start in the village with her two children Sean and Amelia, played by 14-year-old Luke Roskell and 7-year-old Daisy Campbell.

However, Ali's life is far from uncomplicated as she has left her husband for Ruby, much to the horror of her tearaway son.

A statement released by the show teased: "Ali is determined to make her new life in Emmerdale with Ruby work, regardless of Sean's reaction and the pleas of her determined ex-husband to give their marriage another go. When faced with the reality of Ali's baggage, does Ruby really feel the same?"

Hollis portrayed the role of Yvonna Karib on Shameless between 2003 and 2009. She also played Tina Crabtree in the 2004 feature film Mischief Night.

Speaking of her casting, she commented: "As a Leeds girl myself, getting a role as a new regular character for Emmerdale in my home town is a dream come true. I'm really excited to be playing Ali."

Eyo, meanwhile, played Denny Blood in Bad Girls from 1999 to 2003 and has also had recent roles in Silent Witness and Waterloo Road.

Of her new part as Ruby, she said: "I'm over the moon and can't wait to get started. Being part of a show that I've grown up watching is amazing and Ruby is going to be a lot of fun to play."

Ali and Ruby will arrive on screen in October and have been tipped to cause a stir with their no-nonsense attitudes.

Emmerdale's series producer Stuart Blackburn said: "Ali and Ruby are down to earth, gritty, funny and likeable and after leaving her husband of 15 years, Ali has a lot riding on making her new life in Emmerdale work."

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement