Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question Thread - Got a question? Ask here

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Monkey61 wrote: »
    Hi,

If I go into a piercing studio to buy a new labret ring and have them put it in for me. Can I ask for a diferent one if the one they put in is too big? This has happened 3 times now where different places have sworn it is the smallest that will fit and much smaller than the one I am already wearing, only for them to put it in and me to discover that it is way to big and sitting at a cumbersome diagonal. Each time I have complained and they have said that I'm just not used to it and it is way smaller. Each time I have taken them out to find that they are exactly the same size as the previous one. Of course I keep losing the new rings before I can go back and show them...eek.

Is there any way I can say, hey, if you can't estimate the size right, keep going til you do? Or if they put something in my lip would they have to throw it away if I didn't want it? It's costing me a fortune!

That's a bit mad, they should be able to size it for you no problem. It's not rocket science. Go to a new piercing studio, whoever they are, they're screwing you over by being lazy and unprofessional

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

Hi,

If I go into a piercing studio to buy a new labret ring and have them put it in for me. Can I ask for a diferent one if the one they put in is too big? This has happened 3 times now where different places have sworn it is the smallest that will fit and much smaller than the one I am already wearing, only for them to put it in and me to discover that it is way to big and sitting at a cumbersome diagonal. Each time I have complained and they have said that I'm just not used to it and it is way smaller. Each time I have taken them out to find that they are exactly the same size as the previous one. Of course I keep losing the new rings before I can go back and show them...eek.

Is there any way I can say, hey, if you can't estimate the size right, keep going til you do? Or if they put something in my lip would they have to throw it away if I didn't want it? It's costing me a fortune!

Tbh, what I would do there is get the measurements of your current ring (diameter and width e.g. 8mm 1.4ga) (help here) and go online to buy smaller ones. You can get them for a few euro each, so get a few until you find one that fits perfectly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 maedhbhykins

I'd like to get my wrist done.
    I know two people who've had it done, they said it didn't hurt much when they got it done but both of them had it accidentally ripped out. They both said that it wasn't that bad either.
    A lot of people say it wouldn't be worth it because I'd probably get it ripped out as well. :P
    What do you know about them and what are your opinions?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Diceicle

I'm not mad on them purely due to the awkward healing on them. Its harder for your wrist piercing to heal properly due to it moving alot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

Hi,

I've had similar problems with my lip ring- 10mm is just too big, 8mm is too small, and the sizes are in 2mm increments so there's no 9mm rings to be found. You don't say where you are but Snakebite in Dublin told me they would be able to custom make 9mm rings. I've never actually gotten one from them but it might be worth a look.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 maedhbhykins

Diceicle wrote: »
    I'm not mad on them purely due to the awkward healing on them. Its harder for your wrist piercing to heal properly due to it moving alot.
    I don't think that would even really bother me.
    In fact a huge factor would be the cost because I wouldn't want to pay for one and then have it ripped out a short while later.
    I don't mind if it scars either.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I'd like to get my wrist done.
    I know two people who've had it done, they said it didn't hurt much when they got it done but both of them had it accidentally ripped out. They both said that it wasn't that bad either.
    A lot of people say it wouldn't be worth it because I'd probably get it ripped out as well. :P
    What do you know about them and what are your opinions?

I don't think it's worth it either, as the wrist has too much movement and too many irritations, and the piercing will not last very long at all...

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭Fiii

Hey people - been a while :)

Quick question...thinking of getting a foot tattoo soon - how does the skin on the foot react? Will the ink be likely to spread into the surrounding tissue etc etc etc

Cheers guys,
    Fi

Depends on where on the foot Fiii, and how its looked after. Id always say summer is the best time to get foot tattoos done, as it'll allow ya to wear sandals rather than stuffing a new tattoo into shoes/boots and socks!

Placement on the foot will usually determine the degree of success with holding the ink. Top of the foot shoud be fine, closer you get to the sole would experience more fallout and blurring.

Good to see ya haven't forgotten us! ;) How's the job going?

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭suzaane

heey everyone :)
    getting my nipple pierced today if all goes well. :pac:
    i know everyone's different when it comes to pain and all that jazz but i need some reasurrance :o
    how bad was it in comparison to your other piercings?

• Advertisement

I found it easier to deal with than cartilage, but worse than say, an earlobe. And it was sensitive to bumps and pressure afterwards but you'll probably accomodate that instinctively once they're done. Good luck! I miss mine :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭LD 50

Yea, what Guage said. And it might bleed a fair bit, even if you aren't really a bleeder.

Enjoy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

suzaane wrote: »
    heey everyone :)
    getting my nipple pierced today if all goes well. :pac:
    i know everyone's different when it comes to pain and all that jazz but i need some reasurrance :o
    how bad was it in comparison to your other piercings?
    not bad the first 2 or 3 times....gets very painful after that

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭YozzerHughes

Question on tattooing.

Can any colour cover an older faded black ink tattoo?

I'm thinking like a dark navy blue, purple or even green perhaps.

Anyone ever do this?

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭Fiii

Depends on where on the foot Fiii, and how its looked after. Id always say summer is the best time to get foot tattoos done, as it'll allow ya to wear sandals rather than stuffing a new tattoo into shoes/boots and socks!

Placement on the foot will usually determine the degree of success with holding the ink. Top of the foot shoud be fine, closer you get to the sole would experience more fallout and blurring.

Good to see ya haven't forgotten us! ;) How's the job going?

Thanks for that Damo.
    Yup, will be close to the toes and running down the side slightly (baby toe side). Will def wait until summer, have to think about it, y'know :)

The job is going really well thanks. Putting in long hours and doing what I can to get my contract renewed come june, hence me not being around.
    Could never forget you guys ;) Hope you're all well!

x

got it doone :D
    wasn't sore at all, maybe even less than an earlobe :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭banshee_bones

Have been toying with the idea of getting my tounge pierced now on and off for a long time. Out of two friends questioned one said she felt little to no pain getting it done, said that they numbed her tounge, other said it was fairly painful getting it done and no numbing agent was used atall.

Is it standard procedure to numb the tounge or not? If not how much pain are we talking?

I am also aware that it takes time for you to adjust to eating and speaking normally. How long before i will be able to talk normally afterwards or will my speech be somewhat different or impared for good after it?

I know it sounds daft but im curious!

It's a piercing that can be different for everyone. It really isn't necessary to get it numbed and a lot of places won't numb piercings as part of the procedure.

I found it was less painful than biting my tongue. It didn't affect my speech and didn't swell much at all, within 3 days it was back to it's regular size. However other people will experience more swelling, and noticable speech impediments, there's really no way of telling how you'll be affected.

The swelling can be eased by sucking on ice. Drinking lots of water will help too, and drinking water before bed will help you avoid waking up with a swollen tongue in the morning. If you need a bit of extra help, ibuprofen/neurofen can be handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭*adele*

I got the top of my ear pierced years ago. I just took the ring out for a minute there and I noticed that i have a big bump at the back where the ring came through. It looks like the skin started to grow over the ring. It looks absolutely awful, anyone know is there anything I cand do?

bah, my poor nipple is still all swollen and quite sore still :(
    i've been cleaning it and all that jazz like a good girl, but i'm wondering why it's still so swollen? /: and i think the bar may be too small. :(
    anything else i can do?

• Advertisement

bah, my poor nipple is still all swollen and quite sore still :(
    i've been cleaning it and all that jazz like a good girl, but i'm wondering why it's still so swollen? /: and i think the bar may be too small. :(
    anything else i can do?
    bigger bra or no bra, baggy tops are better than tight ones, how often are you cleaning it?

bigger bra or no bra, baggy tops are better than tight ones, how often are you cleaning it?
    twice a day and soaking it once a day? too much?

hmmm it depends on how sensitive you are(sounds pervy)
    But when i had mine I only cleaned them once a day.
    Just wear baggy tops for a while instead of tight ones if you can

hmmm it depends on how sensitive you are(sounds pervy)
    But when i had mine I only cleaned them once a day.
    Just wear baggy tops for a while instead of tight ones if you can
    hmm, i'm wearing baggy clothes and all that jazz and not wearing a bra.

and raze, you are pervy don't pretend ;)

lol yes i am but not on this board only in real life :)
    Nipples are hard to heal anyway, just bear with it and it'll get better

i'l try :)

have any girls in here got it done?
    i need to ask you a question :p

if it's the sensitivity question then yes it makes them more sensitive, it did for me and for my ex

if it's the sensitivity question then yes it makes them more sensitive, it did for me and for my ex
    nope nope it aint, i already know THAT. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭bounty_hunter

i'l try :)

have any girls in here got it done?
    i need to ask you a question :p

You can ask me a question if you want, I have both of mine done :)

If it's giving you hassle the first thing I would suggest is to upsize the jewellery until it calms down a bit, that'll help no end.

• Advertisement

You can ask me a question if you want, I have both of mine done :)

If it's giving you hassle the first thing I would suggest is to upsize the jewellery until it calms down a bit, that'll help no end.

Good to see ya back!

Advertisement