Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question Thread - Got a question? Ask here

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Johnerr

hello, i've decided to get my first tattoo, i'm going to get it on the lhs of my ribs, nearly stretching the whole way (vertically) i want to get writing, but the problem is i dont know what to get so looking for any suggestions here, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭Fantasy_Suicide

Johnerr wrote: »
    hello, i've decided to get my first tattoo, i'm going to get it on the lhs of my ribs, nearly stretching the whole way (vertically) i want to get writing, but the problem is i dont know what to get so looking for any suggestions here, thanks

Hang on. You know you want to get writing? But.... you don't know what of?

Erm....

How about 'This is my first tattoo' down your ribs? Why not?!

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Johnerr

Hang on. You know you want to get writing? But.... you don't know what of?

Erm....

How about 'This is my first tattoo' down your ribs? Why not?!

ha better than what i've come up with, i was thinking something to do with being irish or sumthing like dat

Well, I dont know about you, but I'd go and have a good think about it. What's the point in getting something someone else suggested?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

Look at Irish history books, quote books, websites. Find something you like, you're the one who is going to have it printed on your ribs for the rest of your life!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

tbh like gauge said look up quote books etc etc. all this research can be done on the net also, when you find something you like DONT rush into it, you could change your mind just as quick

This is a good link also for anyone looking for differnet writing fonts for tattos also
    http://www.tattoofonts.net/ <<<<<< linky

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Driver 8

Just looking for a rough estimate on a price for a piece like this? Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Go to a studio and ask for a quote from them, they will be tattooing you not us :)
    Bit pointless getting a quote from us

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Driver 8

I suppose :p Won't be near anywhere til next weekend, was just wondering about a rough guess

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

ha better than what i've come up with, i was thinking something to do with being irish or sumthing like dat

How about 'Is Éireannach mé'? :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

Or even better, Drug'ail Sao'r! :P

That was a joke

Brilliant memories!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Diceicle

Driver 8 wrote: »
    Just looking for a rough estimate on a price for a piece like this? Thanks

Best person to talk to is obviously whichever artist you choose to go to, however in the interest of you not getting ripped off by an unscrupulous type, I would estimate €100-150 for a piece similar in style and size.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭ebmma

I have a bruise around one of my piercings for a while now. Is it going to go away? Doesn't look very nice...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭LD 50

It should go away after a few days of getting it pierced. So unless you've had it pierced for months, there shouldn't be anything to worry about.

Has it been bumped recently? that could explain why its been bruised if you've had it for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

ebmma wrote: »
    I have a bruise around one of my piercings for a while now. Is it going to go away? Doesn't look very nice...

It depends on the reason for the bruise, which we obviously can't tell.
    As LD-50 said, if it's a fresh piercing, it wouldn't be something I'd worry about.
    If you've bumped it, again, I wouldn't worry too much.

How long have you had the piercing, how long has the bruise been there and do you remember bumping it at all?

It depends on the reason for the bruise, which we obviously can't tell.
    As LD-50 said, if it's a fresh piercing, it wouldn't be something I'd worry about.
    If you've bumped it, again, I wouldn't worry too much.

How long have you had the piercing, how long has the bruise been there and do you remember bumping it at all?

had it since last june.... it's an earlobe one, so it does get bumped and tugged from time to time, can't seem to help that.
    I have 4 of them that were done at the same time, but only one has a bruise. I don't think it gets bumped any more than other ones..

as for how long the bruise is there I would guess somewhere between 2-3 months

I'd say that at this stage you should possiibly call into your piercer and see what they say.

Is there anything else different with this one? Jewellery different or anything like that?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭bounty_hunter

Good to see ya back!

I'd say that at this stage you should possiibly call into your piercer and see what they say.

Is there anything else different with this one? Jewellery different or anything like that?

No, everything the same. I haven't changed jewellery at all.

I was back to piercer's before and was told to clean it and wait and see..I suppose I'm just sick of waiting and seeing, you know :(

Thanks a lot for your answers.
    I also have another question:

I might be going for a long camping trip in summer, will piercings survive not being cleaned for a while (given that they are not fresh anyway)?

• Advertisement

What way are you cleaning the piercings?

The piercings may be alright, but I don't see any reason that you wouldn't be able to clean them while off camping, all you need are some warm recently boiled water, and proper sea salt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭Tarzan_man

I've been designing a tattoo I want to get now for some time but I've never considered the possibilty that details on it have gotten too small. I'm designing it in photoshop and maybe someone could give me a good DPI or resolution to design at so that certain parts of the tattoo aren't too small and blur and fade with time etc.

Either that or how small you can have the font and I'll work it out or something.

There is no DPI or resolution you can work at which will transfer over to someone working on your skin with a machine.

Only thing you could do is bring the design to a tattoo artist and they will be able to tell you what will work, what will not and what will have to be changed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭corpseorourke

Hey everyone! just a quick question, we were away and my girlfriend got her toungue pierced but it doesnt loot quite right... and sort of side ways..
    just wondering if anyone could help me and tell me where it acutally goes coz she's gettin very paranoid and wont go into a professional as she feels they will tell her she should'nt have gotten it done abroad.
    so if anyone can help that would be very much appriciated!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭QOTSA90

Was the person you went to reputable in any way? Is her tongue still swollen? How did the piercer pierce the tongue? Did they use a clamp?

I know, no answers. But you werent very specific to begin with.

edit: Really if she is worried about it, then you should go to a piercer. They will probably tell you you shouldnt have done it abroad, but that doesnt mean they wont help her :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Sofaspud

Tongue piercings aren't always able to be pierced completely centrally, due to veins and the frenum, so it's perfectly normal for the piercing to be at a slight angle.

If she got it done recently, it's probably just more noticeable now because of the extra length of the bar.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭JohnnyQuid

Just wondering what's the average price for a nipple and lip piercing?Just want to know to make sure,so I don't get them done by a bad studio.And how long would they take to heal?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭QOTSA90

JohnnyQuid wrote: »
    Just wondering what's the average price for a nipple and lip piercing?Just want to know to make sure,so I don't get them done by a bad studio.And how long would they take to heal?

Not so sure about Prices of either piercing, but I know that nipple piercings can take a massive amount of time to heal, from 6 months to a year. The important things to remember about either piercing are
    1) make sure they are done with a straight barbell to promote faster and healthier healing.
    2) the barbell is long enough to accomadate swelling.
    3) You do not play with the piercing while its healing and finally
    4) for Christ sake, dont go to Claires.. go to a reputable piercing/tattoo studio in your area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

JohnnyQuid wrote: »
    35-45 for each

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭Lucyx

As it says above, I need all the info; where is a good place (I live in North Dublin), whats it like to get done, is it unpleasant (does the piercer have to hold your tongue???!!), any problems afterwards (swelling, teeth issues etc) and after care. Oh and cost I suppose.

I have my belly buttom pierced and I read horror stories the day after about infections etc and if I had read those before getting it done, I wouldn't have ! I've never had any probs with it so I'm hoping it would be the same with a tongue piercing.

Thanks v much.

Advertisement