Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question Thread - Got a question? Ask here

Options
1161718192022»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

You will really need to get looked at by a piercer regarding the original piercing. 6mm is generally considered the point of no return, but it really depends on the size of your lobes and how fast/slow you stretch. Rule of thumb is don't stretch if you wouldn't be happy with big lobes for the rest of your life

• Closed Accounts Posts: 961 ✭✭✭TEMPLAR KNIGHT

Will wrote: »
    You will really need to get looked at by a piercer regarding the original piercing. 6mm is generally considered the point of no return, but it really depends on the size of your lobes and how fast/slow you stretch. Rule of thumb is don't stretch if you wouldn't be happy with big lobes for the rest of your life

ok thanks he did say it could cause complications but ill call into him and see, I dont mind the holes in my ears its I just hate that they get saggy ha

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Gingko

Will wrote: »
    A lot of people seem a bit intimidated to ask questions which they feel may be a bit silly or whatever. Well this is the place to ask such questions. We all were new to this once and the only way people learn is by asking questions.

Smart ass questions or replies will be dealt with in the form of a ban.

Anywho go ahead and enjoy :)

Those of you you may have had tattoo laser removal, what were the results like? Successful? scarring or loss of pigment? I've just had my first session of nd yag laser and it would seem that it has responded well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭RoryMurphyJnr

ok thanks he did say it could cause complications but ill call into him and see, I dont mind the holes in my ears its I just hate that they get saggy ha

Had mine stretched to 32mm

Took it out closed a bit but ended up getting surgery to close it up completely

• Closed Accounts Posts: 961 ✭✭✭TEMPLAR KNIGHT

Had mine stretched to 32mm

Took it out closed a bit but ended up getting surgery to close it up completely

I got mine stretched up to 8mm last week, whats the surgery like?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭RoryMurphyJnr

Done under a local. Bit painful but not too bad.
    Ear lobe slightly uneven obviously but I've a bump kaeloid on the back of the lobe. Could get it removed but it may grow back. No pain just looks bad

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

So I've been thinking about a conch punch for a while now and I think I'll get it done after the summer. I know it's probably anatomy dependant but what's the kinda max size you could get done? I'd love to have an 8mm one and I'd really rather not have to stretch it! Also where's the best place to get it done? It'd be my first kind of serious mod so I'd like to get it done in the best place possible!

It's a fairly serious commitment dude, mine took a year to heal each. First one was a disaster, second one went way way better. There will be days where you will just wanna take it out and let it heal over. I'd suggest 4 or 6mm, if I was to do it again I'd go for smaller and stretch up in .5mm jumps. Just head into your preferred studio and talk it out with them, they will be able to let ya know what's best/safest :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Cheers. I have been thinking about it for a long time and after the summer would be the time for me to do it. Is stretching as bad as people make it out to be? :P I just can't imagine stretching such thick cartilage.

Like any stretching just take your time, don't be stupid and push your body. .5mm jumps will make it a lot less traumatic also

• Advertisement
Advertisement