Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question Thread - Got a question? Ask here

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭LD 50

punk_one82 wrote: »
    People are probably sick of hearing questions about placement but I'm stuck. Know exactly what I want but just can't decide where. Getting some song lyrics. Only 6 words. Any suggestions on where to put it? Maybe something a bit different to the usual places, or maybe not. Who knows?
    Around your forearm? Depending on the size of the lettering you want to go for.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

3 questions...
    would having dry skin lead to and other symtoms after getting a tattoo?

also Inkwell down the quays... are the artists there worth a look? im getting lyrics down my arm want to get it sligthly freehanded retro 30's look... and im tribal tiger face on my upper shoulder.

is it a bad idea to get two tattoo's at the same time in differnt places? i figure suffering in two palces will cancel each other out? haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Hawk Wing

is it a bad idea to get two tattoo's at the same time in differnt places? i figure suffering in two palces will cancel each other out? haha
    no, got one on my leg and one on my shoulder the same day before

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

shouldn't cause a problem as long as you follow the aftercare and keep your skin in good condition

john in inkwell is good... have a look around other places too and this thread here; http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055505603

probably better to get one at a time, it isn't that bad getting tattooed. You will survive. Bring some food with ya and lucozade or other fizzy drinks so if you do feel weak you've something to nom on. make sure ya eat well before and are in good health also

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

Will wrote: »
    shouldn't cause a problem as long as you follow the aftercare and keep your skin in good condition

john in inkwell is good... have a look around other places too and this thread here; http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055505603

probably better to get one at a time, it isn't that bad getting tattooed. You will survive. Bring some food with ya and lucozade or other fizzy drinks so if you do feel weak you've something to nom on. make sure ya eat well before and are in good health also

cool its not that bad just depending on how much sleep/junk food ive eatin i get little outbreak of flaky skin on my upper arm/shoulder.
    and im in great health and physical condition. good advice about the food though wouldnt ahve thought about it.

im getting Dylan lyrics down my arm and want that tiger face... now i know that soudns pretty girlie 'a tiger face' but tis not a drawing more a sketch/tribal face...

first tattoo's! figure go get them both at same time!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭TheIronyMaiden

So I just have a few questions about tongue piercings...finally gonna bite the bullet (so to speak) and get it done!

What exactly is the story with tongues that aren't compatible with piercing? Something about a third vein?
    Also, realistically should I expect much chipping? I get that if I don't play with the piercing too much it won't happen, but what if I just accidentally hit it off my tooth or something, is that common? Are there any other problems apart from chipping/gum damage and infections that I should know about?
    Lastly :P are there different kinds of tongue piercings? I heard something about a frenulum...?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

A good piercer shouuld be able to place/angle it correctly so's it doesn't hit anything, although I've heard of people who got tongue piercings through veins w/o problems, but I'm not sure on that. You shouldn't get too much chipping unless like you said you play with it alot. You'll probably hit it off your teeth a bit for the first few days because a larger bar will be put in to accomodate swelling, but once its changed to a smaller on you'll be fine. Yep, theres a few different types. The frenulum is the web bit on the underneath of your tongue, theres also venoms which are 2 tongue piercings, one on either side although they are very hard to heal and keep. You can also get double tongue piercngs which would be 2 "standard" tongue piercings, one infront of the other. Anyway, hope I was of some help to you, best of luck to you with the piercing and healing!

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭Fiii

Has anyone else experienced dizziness after a sea salt soak on your ear? (As in a full on ear emerged in a cup soak)
    I'm thinking that it's something to do with the salt getting into the inner ear.
    Is this fairly normal? Or does it mean there is something wrong, ie infection?

Cheers,
    Fi

Never experienced anything like that, ever. Did you sit bolt upright very quickly or something? Very strange.

I'm no doctor so no point hypothesizing, best bet head to your doc and see what they say. Most are anti-piercing though and will try to get you to take it out straight off.

Never experienced anything like that, ever. Did you sit bolt upright very quickly or something? Very strange.

I'm no doctor so no point hypothesizing, best bet head to your doc and see what they say. Most are anti-piercing though and will try to get you to take it out straight off.

Nope - happens every time I do it. It's not crazy bad or anything, but I do lose balance a little.
    I know balance is in your inner ear, so I guess it's just messing with the salt to water ratio in there or something!

Hmm - maybe I should stick to the chamomile tea bags ;)

p.s no way I'm losing this baby! I worked too damn hard. ha

• Advertisement

Your salt water solution should taste like tears, any stronger than that is no bueno.

Seriously try the chamomile tea bags, they're amazing. Can't believe i've gone without them for so long :(

or do what i've also been doing, steam your face instead. Just put in required amount of salt, lash in boiling water, cover your head with a towel to catch the steam and let it do it's thing :) worked well for me too in tandem with chamomile tea bags

Your salt water solution should taste like tears, any stronger than that is no bueno.

Seriously try the chamomile tea bags, they're amazing. Can't believe i've gone without them for so long :(

or do what i've also been doing, steam your face instead. Just put in required amount of salt, lash in boiling water, cover your head with a towel to catch the steam and let it do it's thing :) worked well for me too in tandem with chamomile tea bags

Oh I know, don't worry. The solution is right...I guess it just doesn't agree with me! :)

I have been trying the tea bags and they seem to be working. I was oozing today, that's the only reason I went for a salt soak.

It's getting better...just still a long way to go :rolleyes:
    Damn cartilage piercings! ;)

Is that a mole beside your tragus or what? I'd head back into the place you got it done and maybe ask em to take a look. The steaming is also really good, nice alternative to soaking

Is that a mole beside your tragus or what? I'd head back into the place you got it done and maybe ask em to take a look. The steaming is also really good, nice alternative to soaking

No, it's a wee bit of skin that has grown. It's gone down though...used to be worse. Same thing happened with my helix.
    Think I might head into Snakebite though - it's been around 6months sisnce I had it done now.

Yeah probably a good bet. Also if you find yourself sleeping on it, take 2 pillows side by sde and sleep in the crevice between them that way your ear won't have pressure on it

Might try that, as I do find myself waking up lying on it, no matter how hard I try! :)

Thanks Wilburt

no worries :)

Well, I popped into Snakebite. Very good service, as usual.
    He said it is hypertrophic scarring and not keloid (good news!). So he shortened the bar, so to lessen the movement a little to stop irritation, and told me to keep up the sea salt soaking and the chamomile tea bags, and to make sure I don't sleep on it.

Asked him to have a look at my ever annoying helix while I was there.
    I've had so many problems with this piercing since I had it done over a year ago. Again, there is hypertrophic scarring there, but it is older so it will take longer to get rid of. He said the rub bio oil into it and sss it and it should reabsorb and go down in time.
    Turns out all the problems were cause by the original piercer using steel jewelry in the first place! He changed that for me while I was there.

So hopefully I will have it all sorted soon :)

p.s was soooooooo tempted to get something else done while I was there, but figured I should wait until after Electric Picnic...fresh piercings and muddy fields don't really go I guess ;)

nice one :)

Had a horizontal eyebrow piercing before and loved it but i had an allergic reaction to the metal. Would love to get it done again but not sure what i could get apart from metal?

Thanks.

• Advertisement

what metal was it?

make sure it's high quality titanium, very rare to have a reaction to that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

I has question....

Tatoos.. do they stretch out of shape??

If you put on bucket loads of weight in a short time yes, but tbh it's totally variable depending on where you get the tattoo

what metal was it?

make sure it's high quality titanium, very rare to have a reaction to that
    Im honestly not sure, can i say where i got it done? It was put in straight after got it done, i hadnt changed it.

yeah sure why not

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Tanabe

Hello peeps,

Does anybody know of anywhere that does laser tattoo removal in/near Waterford or the south east in general?

Thanks.

yeah sure why not
    Celestial ring at Jervis street. Is there a standard piece they use for fresh piercings?

yeah pretty sure they use titanium as standard.

horizontal eyebrows rarely last though, im sure it was the piercing itself rather than the jewellery that caused issues

• Registered Users Posts: 19 aglending

hey all. just wondering i have a design for my arm and i really want the butterfly to be white.does white ink just come out like scarring. wouldn't fancy that.and i was also wondering about weight loss and tattoos. have two on my back shoulder. will they get messed up.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

aglending wrote: »
    hey all. just wondering i have a design for my arm and i really want the butterfly to be white.does white ink just come out like scarring. wouldn't fancy that.and i was also wondering about weight loss and tattoos. have two on my back shoulder. will they get messed up.
    look in I'll show you mine, old goat has a white ink tattoo.

Your training mma right?
    Nah they wont get messed up You wont be losing massive amounts of weight so you'll be grand, I've lost 30 kg and mine still look grand

Advertisement