Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question Thread - Got a question? Ask here

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39 milklady

thans a lot for filling me in on that :-)any advice on my question

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

unless you've had the surface piercing for over 2 years and then some the chances of it staying open while you get the op are slim to none. Head to your piercer and get em to take a look and see from there

great thanks a lot,can u take themout when their infected i have a bad feeling a hair may have got into it,im a hairdresser and got it caught with a brush and swelled up later on through the day

it's highly inadvisable to take em out when they're infected cos you will just seal in the infection. do your best to get rid of the infection, you may need to hit up the doctors, go to piercer first and see what the deal is

brilliant thanks a lot for your help will much appreciated

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭KatiexKOUTURE--

Are labret piercings hard to take care of? Do they get infected easily or do they swell much?

I know these kind of things vary from person to person but generally speaking?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Sofaspud

Are labret piercings hard to take care of? Do they get infected easily or do they swell much?

I know these kind of things vary from person to person but generally speaking?

******horror story alert******

They take a little bit more aftercare than regular piercings, in that you need to wash the outside as you would any piercing, but you also need to wash the inside with either a special mouthwash or a seasalt solution.

Mine never got infected, but it was pretty swollen for about a week, and eating REEEEEALLLY hurt my lip and gums. I don't think this was because of the lip piercing itself, because it was scraping my gum the whole time.

I didn't find out until a few months after I got mine that it was scraping my gum pretty badly, and now my gum under one of my teeth has been worn away in a line right down to the base of the tooth. So personally, for me, it hurt like a bitch!
    I eventually took it out while drunkenly kissing, because it became agony after a while.

I loved the piercing though, and fully intend on getting my labret done again. I think the problem with mine was that it was done too low, people told me it looked like I had my chin pierced.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Yeah the labret may swell a bit and it's pretty much the same aftercare wise as any other piercing, just add in a mouthwash. It'll only affect your gums if its wrongly placed, if it has an incorrect size bar, or if you play with it alot, so basically go to a good piercer and you should have no probs at all

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭LD 50

My labret was fairly easy to take care of, no major problems, just the usual swelling. Aftercare was easy, salt solution for the outside, mild mouthwash or weak salt solution for the inside.

A quick question for myself. I got my septum pierced about a month ago, but I can't remember if steve said I should go back in to get the bar changed now the swellings gone.

Give em a ring and see, always the handiest option instead of heading into town.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 29 big neilly

sorry for the daft question, thinking about getting a celtic cross tattoo on my arm, i play rugby in Ulster and dont want anybody to be offended, how would Protestants view celtic crosses and other celtic designs?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

big neilly wrote: »
    sorry for the daft question, thinking about getting a celtic cross tattoo on my arm, i play rugby in Ulster and dont want anybody to be offended, how would Protestants view celtic crosses and other celtic designs?

It really depends on the person. Maybe it wouldn't bother them maybe it would.

Anyone know what the special is in BodyShock at the moment, or what it will be on sat? I'm getting paid and wanting something new.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭Scatman81

Hey guys just looking for some info if you can help!?im clueless when it comes to tattoos (i dont have any)but i really like Andy Lee'shttp://brianpeterspromotions.com/site/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=20&Itemid=31 anybody tell me what it is? i think its the accension of jesus i like where it is and the design though i think id like a plain crucifix on mine.Is this a very sore place to get one and is it a hard one to do??cheers...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Its supposed to be one of the sorest(if not the sorest) places to get tattooed. If thats true then i cant even imagine the pain, i nearly passed out getting my spine done.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Dragonz_Rawr

Anyone know what the special is in BodyShock at the moment, or what it will be on sat? I'm getting paid and wanting something new.

Erm...a couple of days ago it was eyebrow...not sure if still is :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 rebelbabe

ok i really want to get a tattoo of a fuchsia but i need advise on where to place it on my body?

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Chazz Reinhold

I'm hoping to get my first tattoo this week, but I'm going on holidays for a week on the 16th of September. Its just plain black ink, no colour. Will it be ok if I protect it from the sun or should I wait til I get back?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

The colours in the tattoo would not change this, but so long as you stick to your aftercare, and keep it out of the sun, there shouldn't be a problem.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,617 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

I'm hoping to get my first tattoo this week, but I'm going on holidays for a week on the 16th of September. Its just plain black ink, no colour. Will it be ok if I protect it from the sun or should I wait til I get back?

Get the highest factor suncream you find and lash it on everyday before going out into the sun.Will keep the black as black as coal!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Chazz Reinhold

Cool, cheers....now all I have to do is try get an appointment for this week :p

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭JohnnyQuid

Anyone know what would be the average waiting time to get an appointment with Darren in Colourworks?

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭corkimp

anyone know what average waiting time is for jmds in waterford? and also does he do appointments to discuss a design or do u wait till the day?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Call them and ask, only way you can know for sure!

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Oisinjm

Hey, just wondering what age you have to be to get a tattoo. I've looked through the thread and no one has asked it before. Ive also looked on one or two artists websites and theres been nothing about it. Also, bit off topic, but I'm pretty sure your man Will used to babysit me. Bah!

Cheers

Age is 18.

Yeah that lad Will, not a nice guy :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Oisinjm

Thanks a million

No worries lil dude, pop me a pm if ya wanna discuss it more

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭punk_one82

People are probably sick of hearing questions about placement but I'm stuck. Know exactly what I want but just can't decide where. Getting some song lyrics. Only 6 words. Any suggestions on where to put it? Maybe something a bit different to the usual places, or maybe not. Who knows?

• Advertisement

Spiralling up or down your leg, dunno. just random suggestions from me

Advertisement