Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Girls are "friendlier" during a recession...

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

free-man wrote: »
    Its classic flaking.. i'm guessing most of these girls are girls you've met in a club and had a quick dance / snog.. problem is your both prob had a few drinks and it's a case of buyers remorse for the girl where she committed to giving you her number too early and then wakes up the next day and realises she's nothing in common or she'll get negative stigma from her mates "your not seriously meeting that guy again, he was so hammered" etc etc

True that alright.

Always find the best thing is try to get the know the girl, see what she's interested in, see if there's something you really have in common and arrange to meet up again on that basis.. usually helps when your not hammered![/QUOTE]Haha no chance of not being hammered in a club! Got to know her, talked with her, danced with her. asked me did i want to leave with her. Then ditched me....WIMMIN!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

Seeing as it's saturday and my friends and i want to dance so i showed them this thread and now we are heading to Kyrstle....

Thanks consultech....

• Registered Users Posts: 24,172 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

It's Krystle, the place has always been full of gold-digging whores.

Yip ;)

Special request to the dj will be for him to play Kanye West-Gold Digga!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭consultech

MIN2511 wrote: »
    Seeing as it's saturday and my friends and i want to dance so i showed them this thread and now we are heading to Kyrstle....

Thanks consultech....

God speed!

(I might see u there, headin out soon!)

Not really though. God, Rugby noish. Cant imagine what that wud be loike.

• Advertisement

consultech wrote: »
    God speed!

(I might see u there, headin out soon!)

Not really though. God, Rugby noish. Cant imagine what that wud be loike.
    Point exactly!
    Rugby all night baby :)
    Should be fun!! See ya there! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

Looky here. Men think women are gold diggers- celtic tiger or fúcking recession. There are bitchés like that, but you make your choices.

In the same way that women accuse all men as cheaters and players.

If thats your outlook, expect a sad tormented life.

consultech wrote: »
    So I get a shout from one of the lads on Saturday afternoon inviting me out for a "large" one with about 6 of them on Saturday night. They're apparently heading to a certain relatively upmarket club, donning the designer suits, as is their way (Know them from college, they're all 24-28, work in very solid jobs considering, or live on dod's money, but that's beside the point). Haven't been out with this set of lads in about a year so what the heck, my finest goes on too and out we pop.

So... we get to club X and from the get go the lot of us/them are attracting attention from various groups of (hot) girls. This goes on all night, it wasn't even a challenge (in single man's terms). Long story short we were each asked by several different girls on several different occasions throughout the night to buy various girls drinks, their friends drinks, etc... Moreso the other lads, as I'm not single and wasn't mixing it up as much as them. One of the lads was even invited back to a girl's house (who he'd only been talkin to for 5 minutes!), but he had to pay for the taxi (~€50)!?!

I honestly felt like I was back in that Phuket gogo bar at times, I haven't seen anything like this in Dublin before.

So... Have single (hot) girls in Ireland dropped their standards in the name of a free ride (so to speak)? - Or has the recession moved the ethics goalposts for one-night gold-diggery by an alarmingly noticeable amount?

Lads? Any similar experiences?

Female perspective...
    So yesterday after the match the girls and i needed a decent night out... We haven't been in Krystle this year, so we decided to head there and i showed the girls this thread....
    It's a Saturday night we might as well get geared up, we have a few shots of whiskey, abscint and some wine while dressing up. First point of call was Capitol bar-the place was PACKED! We had to queue to get in, 1 cocktail each and we legged to Krystle... Another slow moving queue, so we get to the door and the big lads there said "Sorry ladies, we are full" Me on auto pilot "Hey, how are ya? Where's xxxx, we are supposed to be on the guest list and sure you know us..." He replies "Ah, of course i know ye, how are we ladies,it's been a while, sure why not-go in and have good night. The lads behind us were cursing behind us... lol
    Anyways the place is packed with lads and girls, loads of suited men i have to say too... For a Saturday i don't understand why a guy will go to a night club in a suit :O
    We tried to get to the bar, no way... Place was packed to the teeth...
    Upstairs in the smoking area, smoking my cigar and a married man approaches me(i saw his wedding band) he asked me if i wanted a drink..
    Me: no cheers, thanks though
    MM: Why, it's only a drink...
    Me: nah sure your good-cheers
    MM: Ah common...
    Me: ah go on then
    I disappear for a while, chatting with friends and lads in general.
    MM: I bought you two drinks and left it where you were...
    Me: Cheers dude, thanks.
    After my cigar i was so thirsty i needed a drink, i felt like i was gonna pass out... So i go back to the bar to get a drink, and this guy was yapping away beside me... He got the bar man before me and bought me two drinks! I didn't ask for the drinks mind you
    Lad: what are you drinking
    Me: ah, i need some sugar.. Bulmers/Bulmer's light....
    So he bought me two bulmers! And asked for a dance, i said THANKS a mill, yer sure I'd be downstairs so i will dance with you.
    I head downstairs and my mates are chatting with these British lads, and i join the conversation... They get a bottle of Champagne, and a second bottle later with other drinks...

Note: we never asked for drinks, we all had drinks with us. They bought it for us....

Back upstairs getting a wee smoke and another guy asked me if i wanted a drink....

So that's four lads buying me drinks when i didn't ask.....

Consultech, i dunno what girls your mates were chatting with but i didn't ask for drinks, i still took the drinks.. because sure it's free booze...

Thats my expereince
    phew!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

I wonder how many drinks I would get bought for me if I showed up in a chicken suit giving out free chicken wings.
    I wonder would the punters get the harsh satire of the advertising industry inherent in this public performance.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

What's the etiquette with being offered drinks? I always decline because my boyfriend really doen't like me getting drinks from guys.

But say if I were single and DID accept a drink what is the etiquette here? Do I stay and chat then make my excuses and leave? Accept the drink and thank him and go back to my friends?

To be honest it seems easir to just politely decline rather than navigate this social minefield!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭flanum

MM: I bought you two drinks and left it where you were...

Didnt like the taste of Rohypnol then eh?

I wonder how many drinks I would get bought for me if I showed up in a chicken suit giving out free chicken wings.
    I wonder would the punters get the harsh satire of the advertising industry inherent in this public performance.
    Try it, you never know :)
    Piste wrote: »
    What's the etiquette with being offered drinks? I always decline because my boyfriend really doen't like me getting drinks from guys.

But say if I were single and DID accept a drink what is the etiquette here? Do I stay and chat then make my excuses and leave? Accept the drink and thank him and go back to my friends?

To be honest it seems easir to just politely decline rather than navigate this social minefield!
    Etiquette? I beleive it's each to their own in Ireland, some people will decline and insist on declining, some decline and then accept(like me) and others accept/ask for drinks :D

It is polite to decline, sometimes in situations the lads make it difficult to say no. And seriously i was having a laugh last night, just general banter...
    flanum wrote: »
    Didnt like the taste of Rohypnol then eh?
    I didn't drink them! I got there and saw the drinks but they were left unattended so there was no way i was touching those:D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

I didn't drink them! I got there and saw the drinks but they were left unattended so there was no way i was touching those:D

I don't think them being unattended is the problem here. The problem is that they were attended by a strange man when you couldn't see what he was doing and then left unattended

If i wanted someone to accept a drink i wouldn't leave it like that but he was probably saying to himself "sure there's not much more can be done to them drinks if i leave them here" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭The Minstrel

Dragan wrote: »
    The vital piece of information we are missing here is how many of your mates scored?

I'd be surprised if any of them scored, Draggers. I don't know if anyone else picked up on this, but he said in his original post that him and his mates were all wearing suits. Only a truly desperate, ugly and one-dimensional boring loser would go to a nightclub wearing a suit. I bet you they are a bunch of saddos.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭consultech

I don't know if anyone else picked up on this, but he said in his original post that him and his mates were all wearing suits.

:D lolz

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭Bren1609

Are your mates trainee accountants by any chane? I always see them around town straight from work telling the ladies they're "accountants", be that as it may I hold no grudge as I did the same myself with a reasonable amount of success.

As for the birds in Krystle, these are the same girls who were outside wesley 5 years previous with their cax aroun their ankles.

FANTASTIC wrote: »
    As for the birds in Krystle, these are the same girls who were outside wesley 5 years previous with their cax aroun their ankles.

HAHAHAHAHA love it!!!!!![/QUOTE]

PI ftw tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Damn I miss that place... wesley that is... I never knew what a vagina was before I went here :P

Damn I miss that place... wesley that is... I never knew what a vagina was before I went here :P

Lying on the floor doesnt count.

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

burrrrn

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

FANTASTIC wrote: »

HAHAHAHAHA love it!!!!!![/QUOTE]

You've really no idea how true this is :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭Luisella

Buying girls loads of drinks in order to score them is gay. Whatever about wearing suits. If you're not ugly and a sociable enough person it's simple enough to score in dublin on a night out.

Really? Which are the best venues/places to pick up?

javaboy wrote: »
    Please register your disapproval by PMing a mod or by using Feedback/Help Desk and not on thread.

OT: The problem with this approach is that prevents users to unite in protest against mods/admins.

Luisella wrote: »
    Really? Which are the best venues/places to pick up?
    Male or Female?

What do you want, no strings or relationship?

Head to CFJ!!!!

lolz

I'm against abortion, but I go to all the abortion rallies. It's a wonderful place to met girls who are fucking.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

OT: The problem with this approach is that prevents users to unite in protest against mods/admins.
    I'm against abortion, but I go to all the abortion rallies. It's a wonderful place to met girls who are fucking.

Banned.
    Trolling.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭evil_seed

don't agree. maybe in dublin but not on this side of the country

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

two austrain chicks where chatting me up the other night till my misses arrived...

i was in their like swim wear... now im in the dog house...

loose women... :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,045 ✭✭✭Húrin

stud!

• Advertisement
Advertisement