Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Girls are "friendlier" during a recession...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Noopti

consultech wrote: »
    They just put on a huge front with the gladrags and the hoochies seemed to lap it up, that's all I'm sayin.

*Facepalm*

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭Smart Bug

I'm not posh by any stretch in fairness, and tbh the lads aren't that posh with the exception of one of em. They just put on a huge front with the gladrags and the hoochies seemed to lap it up, that's all I'm sayin. I've just never seen it with such uniform response b4 (outside of Bangkok/Amsterdam).

Hmm

*dusts off 70s frilly shirt & flares*

Maybe it's about time to give this old boy a run-out :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭00112984

I personally don't make a habit of wearing a suit out, and I wasn't on Saturday. I however don't see a problem with it, seen as we had been to dinner etc too.

You sound very bitter/defensive or something, for reasons which I dont (want to) know; I was only looking for a respectable male opinion, which you don't seem cut out to give, regardless of what gender you are.

You also sound like you don't know any males who even own a suit.

*signing* Someone didn't get some... someone didn't get some... :rolleyes:

Seriously, though, my point was that you all went out looking like you had cash to splash and were then approached by women who only seemed interested in that. You lot provided the bait and they took it. Wasn't that the aim of the whole thing? I know you mentioned that you're in a relationship and weren't looking to score but were your friends?

I'm not in the least bit bitter or defensive but I've seen it so many times over my (single) years. Pack of guys in suits in a club trying to look nonchalant when, in all likelihood given the fact that it was Krystle, there were probably several other groups of men with the exact same "tactic".

It's like complaining about going to somewhere like Copper's and being asked "are you a guard/nurse" all night. Horses for courses...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭petethebrick

Buying girls loads of drinks in order to score them is gay. Whatever about wearing suits. If you're not ugly and a sociable enough person it's simple enough to score in dublin on a night out.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭vinylbomb

Surely the title for this thread should be "Girls in Krystle are gold-diggier during a recession"?

If they were friendlier they may even have a conversation, not invite you to blow your readies (if nothing else) on them.

When they start offering to buy you drinks, then start blowing your trumpet.
    Until then, consider yourself one of the masses.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭miaowsky

rossie1977 wrote: »
    if they had asked to buy yous drinks it would be different story

A bit off topic, but i've done that before on a night out.

Back on topic, I hate girls like that, I work in a club and they just bat their fake eyelashes and expect everyone to fall at their feet. I say feel sorry for the lads who think they're in with a chance! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

vinylbomb wrote: »
    blow your readies

That phrase conjures up some manner of bizarre cereal based sex act. Ugh!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭consultech

Surely the title for this thread should be "Girls in Krystle are gold-diggier during a recession"?

Quotation marks = Euphemism

[/English]

[/cop-on]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

Rb wrote: »
    It's nothing to do with recession, you go to any "upmarket" bars, dress well and act confidently and you'll notice you'll get a load of attention.

It's because the women there for a very specific men reason i.e to meet men with fat wallets, regardless of how they look.

Pretty much. Next time you guys go in don't buy and drinks and see how far your personalities get you!!!

In places like that it won't be very far.

Unless you're me.

Of course.

Somebody is getting ped-an-tic!!!

Not received the congratulation you felt your male sexual prowess deserved?

Were you wearing Sex Panther? 60% of the time...............

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

Krystle regular myself i would agreee with ya...

These girls are screaming "Come take me" dressed in barely no clothes, make up to the nines and i am not kidding... designer handbags and shoes... etc yet they can't afford to buy themselves drinks...

Plus, they always ring Brian to ask for free entry! Jeez!!!! It's only a tenner!

MIN2511 wrote: »
    Plus, they always ring Brian to ask for free entry! Jeez!!!! It's only a tenner!

That's not the point - it's all about rockin' the guest list for these birds.

*swish* *swish* *swish* to the top of the queue "Oh me? I'm on the guestlist!"

I haven't actually been in there yet but I guess it would be along the same sort of lines of Reynards and Lillies 4/5/6 years ago?
    Or am I way wide of the mark?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,119 ✭✭✭Wagon

I haven't actually been in there yet but I guess it would be along the same sort of lines of Reynards and Lillies 4/5/6 years ago?

If you mean a sham of a place attended by mainly **** then no, you're spot on :D

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    That's not the point - it's all about rockin' the guest list for these birds.

*swish* *swish* *swish* to the top of the queue "Oh me? I'm on the guestlist!"

Ah "guest list" hehehhe lol...

makes mental note to get on the guest list:D

Lillies and Reynards are members only after 11 and before 11 it's guest list/tenner as far as i remember...
    My mate dated a guy who was a member so we always got in... fooking membership costs 1.5k per anum or so for each:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭drunkymonkey

00112984 wrote: »
    Full suit in a club = sleazy, TBH.
    Now, that doesn't mean runners and tracksuit bottoms either but we've all seen men in suits in clubs. They're either complete sleazes or it's their first time out since their confirmation and the suit still fits their 14" necks.

Or reenacting 'Night at the Roxbury'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,255 ✭✭✭James T Kirk

Thank Christ I dropkicked that scene a few years ago. Memories are flooding back. The horror... the horror...

Wagon wrote: »
    If you mean a sham of a place attended by mainly **** then no, you're spot on :D

Thats what I was aiming at alright, I don't think I could have expressed it quite so succinctly though. :)

Thank Christ I dropkicked that scene a few years ago. Memories are flooding back. The horror... the horror...
    Ah shssshhh you loved it!!!

Tbh i go to these places once every 2nd/3rd month tbh i prefer pubs and my latest fave place to hang out is the bar with no name right beside Hogans... good atmosphere...

Note: if you want to score, go elsewhere... Sorta place to go with mates and have a good laugh :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Dragan wrote: »
    The rhetorical piece of information we are missing here is how many of your mates have ever scored?

Fixed.

• Advertisement

my latest fave place to hang out is the bar with no name right beside Hogans... good atmosphere...

Oh it has a name alright - but it's only told to those in the know. ;)

Note to self: Stalk MIN2511 at Pinty's Bar. Ah Goddamnit!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

Reason why you scored was because the only source of future income for those girls is the Lone Parents Allowance.

Ah shssshhh you loved it!!!

Tbh i go to these places once every 2nd/3rd month tbh i prefer pubs and my latest fave place to hang out is the bar with no name right beside Hogans... good atmosphere...

Note: if you want to score, go elsewhere... Sorta place to go with mates and have a good laugh :D

Now the Georges St/Wexford St areas have some fine watering holes. No probs there whatsoever. Used to love Hogans:)

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭MonicaBing

Smart Bug wrote: »
    Your friends have D4 accents, right (edit: roish)? 'cos that is the only way to score upper class whores girls in Krystle.

Poor humble mullah like me wouldn't even get in the door :mad:

And glad of it too! :D[/QUOT
    Duuude, get it roight loike, it's focking pronounced ''roysh''...saying it loike that is soooooo focking Brayruit slang.....now please excuse me whoile i get dressed in dubes and pink Lacoste shoirt and adjust collar up...!;)

LOL... And walk into the wall twelve times till you find the door.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭shane86

So... we get to club X and from the get go the lot of us/them are attracting attention from various groups of (hot) girls. This goes on all night, it wasn't even a challenge (in single man's terms). Long story short we were each asked by several different girls on several different occasions throughout the night to buy various girls drinks, their friends drinks, etc...

So wait......of all these numerous birds who scabbed drink off yis, one of the six of you went off in a taxi and (only his word on it) possibly got his bit for 50 plus the cost of the drink? And the vast majority presumably, seeing as if multiple women scabbed drink must have ****ed off pretty lively as soon as they got it.
    the hoochies seemed to lap it up,

Let me guess. You are one of these people who uses terms such as:

fcuk buddy (as opposed to bird I see the odd time)
    Sausagefest
    "its all good in the hood"
    Drinks "Heino"
    Got into Ireland international rugby around 3 years ago, and upped interest after the croker move, and wonders why real rugby heads laugh at them.....

I know the type. Irish men who talk like someone off The Hills should be drowned.
    Bangkok/ Amsterdam

So these birds were hookers? I didnt find Dutch women in nightclubs to be particularly loose (if they were the city wouldnt have a prostitution trade :) )

tbh Im not sure if any of this story is true. Im declaring Schenanigans.
    00112984 wrote: »
    Full suit in a club = sleazy, TBH.

pfft, its gangster :) Except of course in the case of the OPs mates, who just sound retarded. Cant imagine Krystle is exactly the place to go for dance classics and cutting edge house, electro and techno either. *strokes chin*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 lorco25

It sounds like your all a pack of chumps.. No offence, but the fact that a girl asks for a drink and then you go out of your way and buy her one... or even a few. Thats insane. You lads should have had signs on your backs saying 'chump here, will buy any girl, hot or not, a drink'. You should have told those girls to buy you a drink and that their lucky to be in the presence of greatness. Lots to learn lads

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Or reenacting 'Night at the Roxbury'.

Youd be amazed how much fun that is.
    Ever worn your best suit to a club and started quoting American Psycho at lenght?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭newmills

Who the hell needs a club to pick up girls. 2 lads talking in work today about a mate of theirs. He was in the social welfare offices in town on friday. Got chatting to a young one (approx 19) - when she was finished her appointment she lands back beside him and tells him "sure i'll wait til your done". After he got his affairs in order she asks him does he want to go back to hers!! This was 11 in the morning - no drink involved. Back your man goes and spent the best part of all day friday knocking the back out of her!!
    Feck Krystle - get down the scratcher!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Girl: Hey, could you buy me a drink?

Me: Could you fcuk off, like NOW?

I love how they get away with it. How can someone be so cheeky to ask a stranger for a drink?

Guys buying strange women drink = gullable and stupid. :P

Advertisement