Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Girls are "friendlier" during a recession...

Options
  • 23-02-2009 4:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭

So I get a shout from one of the lads on Saturday afternoon inviting me out for a "large" one with about 6 of them on Saturday night. They're apparently heading to a certain relatively upmarket club, donning the designer suits, as is their way (Know them from college, they're all 24-28, work in very solid jobs considering, or live on dod's money, but that's beside the point). Haven't been out with this set of lads in about a year so what the heck, my finest goes on too and out we pop.

So... we get to club X and from the get go the lot of us/them are attracting attention from various groups of (hot) girls. This goes on all night, it wasn't even a challenge (in single man's terms). Long story short we were each asked by several different girls on several different occasions throughout the night to buy various girls drinks, their friends drinks, etc... Moreso the other lads, as I'm not single and wasn't mixing it up as much as them. One of the lads was even invited back to a girl's house (who he'd only been talkin to for 5 minutes!), but he had to pay for the taxi (~€50)!?!

I honestly felt like I was back in that Phuket gogo bar at times, I haven't seen anything like this in Dublin before.

So... Have single (hot) girls in Ireland dropped their standards in the name of a free ride (so to speak)? - Or has the recession moved the ethics goalposts for one-night gold-diggery by an alarmingly noticeable amount?

Lads? Any similar experiences?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

They asked you to pay their drinks and the taxi, it's recession alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭anonymousjunkie

Ah here. You can't go putting up a post like that and not tell us which club you were in!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭consultech

fair shout then... Krystle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

Café En Seine

edit: bah

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

maybe them girls where just easy , recession times or not

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭CountingCrows

Club X = Coppers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭00112984

You dress up as a pack of sleazes to hit the town, flash the cash and get the girls.

Then you complain that those girls are only attracted by the drinks/money etc?

:confused:

Seriously- what were you after? A nice girl to take home to the mammy and then marry or a shag?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭twinytwo

consultech wrote: »
    So I get a shout from one of the lads on Saturday afternoon inviting me out for a "large" one with about 6 of them on Saturday night. They're apparently heading to a certain relatively upmarket club, donning the designer suits, as is their way (Know them from college, they're all 24-28, work in very solid jobs considering, or live on dod's money, but that's beside the point). Haven't been out with this set of lads in about a year so what the heck, my finest goes on too and out we pop.

So... we get to club X and from the get go the lot of us/them are attracting attention from various groups of (hot) girls. This goes on all night, it wasn't even a challenge (in single man's terms). Long story short we were each asked by several different girls on several different occasions throughout the night to buy various girls drinks, their friends drinks, etc... Moreso the other lads, as I'm not single and wasn't mixing it up as much as them. One of the lads was even invited back to a girl's house (who he'd only been talkin to for 5 minutes!), but he had to pay for the taxi (~€50)!?!

I honestly felt like I was back in that Phuket gogo bar at times, I haven't seen anything like this in Dublin before.

So... Have single (hot) girls in Ireland dropped their standards in the name of a free ride (so to speak)? - Or has the recession moved the ethics goalposts for one-night gold-diggery by an alarmingly noticeable amount?

Lads? Any similar experiences?

Dude..... you got played

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Are you sure it wasn't a strip club?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,119 ✭✭✭Wagon

Can't say I have experienced that. I dress like a medevil peasent so most girls are just as big as bitches as they were before the recession. I like it that way. Means I can go out and have a piss up without going into the whole routine of shallow chit chat which causes me to drink slower.

Krystle! What did you expect?!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Long story short we were each asked by several different girls on several different occasions throughout the night to buy various girls drinks, their friends drinks, etc...
    but he had to pay for the taxi (~€50)!?!

The girls are having to radically lower their standards in order to cover their drink and transport costs.

It's known as recessionary downscaling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

00112984 wrote: »
    You dress up as a pack of sleazes to hit the town, flash the cash and get the girls.

Seriously- what were you after? A nice girl to take home to the mammy and then marry or a shag?

Lol, would wearing runners and tracksuit bottoms be considered unsleazy?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭Smart Bug

Your friends have D4 accents, right (edit: roish)? 'cos that is the only way to score upper class whores girls in Krystle.

Poor humble mullah like me wouldn't even get in the door :mad:

And glad of it too! :D

8 posts for the first defensive oestro-post. Boards is slipping.
    twinytwo wrote: »
    Dude..... you got played

I didn't buy anything for anyone; Moreover I got free entertainment from them all night.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭00112984

tribulus wrote: »
    Lol, would wearing runners and tracksuit bottoms be considered unsleazy?

Full suit in a club = sleazy, TBH.
    Now, that doesn't mean runners and tracksuit bottoms either but we've all seen men in suits in clubs. They're either complete sleazes or it's their first time out since their confirmation and the suit still fits their 14" necks.

Suits were probably shiny too. Uuuuugh! Probably all looked like a herd of estate agents.

Plus, Krystle was always full of money-grabbing Katy French wannabes. Nothing new there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

That sounds amazing.

I'd love to head out for a night and buy loads of girls that I don't know drinks.

Sounds fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭kmick

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    That sounds amazing.

I'd love to head out for a night and buy loads of girls that I don't know drinks.

Sounds fantastic.

You can even pay for their taxis home as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Noopti

So... Have single (hot) girls in Ireland dropped their standards in the name of a free ride (so to speak)? -

Obviously they have....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

The vital piece of information we are missing here is how many of your mates scored?

kmick wrote: »
    You can even pay for their taxis home as well.

Hell, you might even be friends after you do!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,421 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Dragan wrote: »
    The vital piece of information we are missing here is how many of your mates scored?

Probably none of them...they all got played...been there..seen that..not done that :D

Full suit in a club = sleazy, TBH.
    Now, that doesn't mean runners and tracksuit bottoms either but we've all seen men in suits in clubs. They're either complete sleazes or it's their first time out since their confirmation and the suit still fits their 14" necks.

Suits were probably shiny too. Uuuuugh! Probably all looked like a herd of estate agents.

Plus, Krystle was always full of money-grabbing Katy French wannabes. Nothing new there.

I personally don't make a habit of wearing a suit out, and I wasn't on Saturday. I however don't see a problem with it, seeing as we had been to dinner etc too.

You sound very bitter/defensive or something, for reasons which I dont (want to) know; I was only looking for a respectable male opinion, which you don't seem cut out to give, regardless of what gender you are.

You also sound like you don't know any males who even own a suit.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

Posh people in Dublin have such a fun time. I'd love to be one.

/stares longingly at Dublin on a map on the wall/:(

Dragan wrote: »

Most of them. Probably 5/6. In fairness it's not like it was difficult for them though. Was a really odd night, Krystle sure as shít wasn't like that last time I was there...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Noopti

I personally don't make a habit of wearing a suit out, and I wasn't on Saturday. I however don't see a problem with it, seen as we had been to dinner etc too.

You sound very bitter/defensive or something, for reasons which I dont (want to) know; I was only looking for a respectable male opinion, which you don't seem cut out to give, regardless of what gender you are.

....MEN ok?....stop referring to us all as MALES! This isn't a BBC Nature Documentary, although going by your account of the night, that could well have been.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

It's nothing to do with recession, you go to any "upmarket" bars, dress well and act confidently and you'll notice you'll get a load of attention.

It's because the women there for a very specific men reason i.e to meet men with fat wallets, regardless of how they look.

I don't own one. And I have to admit 1234567890 or whatever his name is makes a good point. People in clubs tend to be **** full stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,003 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    That sounds amazing.

I'd love to head out for a night and buy loads of girls.

Sounds fantastic.

fyp

• Registered Users Posts: 11,342 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Long story short we were each asked by several different girls on several different occasions throughout the night to buy various girls drinks, their friends drinks, etc...

if they had asked to buy yous drinks it would be different story

• Advertisement

topper75 wrote: »
    Posh people in Dublin have such a fun time. I'd love to be one.

/stares longingly at Dublin on a map on the wall/:(

I'm not posh by any stretch in fairness, and tbh the lads aren't that posh with the exception of one of em. They just put on a huge front with the gladrags and the hoochies seemed to lap it up, that's all I'm sayin. I've just never seen it with such uniform response b4 (outside of Bangkok/Amsterdam).

Advertisement