Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Girls are "friendlier" during a recession...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭vinylbomb

consultech wrote: »
    In all seriousness though, a lot of folk seem to think they have myself and my "mates" (first time seeing them in over a year) pegged.

Seeing as you pulled me up on it earlier, what is "mates" a euphemism for here then?:cool:

EDIT:
    Quotation marks = Euphemism

[/English]

[/cop-on]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭consultech

Darragh29 wrote: »
    The fact that you'd even go to Krystle is enough of a statement.

I've only ever been there twice. Besides, making a character assumption on someone based on that alone is a little premature, but if you're comfortable being premature, more power to you.

I'm sure you've on more than one occasion ended up in a club you didn't intend on going to due to peer pressure. I certainly wouldn't make a character asssumption of you based on the countless times you ended up in the George, or wherever you all go these days.

vinylbomb wrote: »
    Seeing as you pulled me up on it earlier, what is "mates" a euphemism for here then?:cool:

Well they're clearly not that familiar a set of mates, as set out in my first post. Seen em all of once in 18 months or so, and was comfortable quasi-bashing em with the "doddy's money" comment I made. Never once defended them either, moreover said I didn't get why you'd wear a suit in a club, aside from necessity (dinner etc).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,119 ✭✭✭Wagon

Well they're clearly not that familiar a set of mates, as set out in my first post. Seen em all of once in 18 months or so, and was comfortable quasi-bashing em with the "doddy's money" comment I made. Never once defended them either, moreover said I didn't get why you'd wear a suit in a club, aside from necessity (dinner etc).

Ah we're just buzzin off ya :) We know you're smarter than to go to Kristyle regularly. Such a sham of a place.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

So what if it's "doddy's" money... or better still "Bank of mam & dad" their parents worked hard to give the children a better life... Any of ye will do the same! When they die where does the money go to? All the hard work surely doesn't follow them to the grave?

And yes i lived on "Bank of mam & dad" for a while...

Majority of people did!

consultech i am not attacking you :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭vinylbomb

MIN2511 wrote: »

And yes i lived on "Bank of mam & dad" for a while...

That may be so, but did you wear a suit?

Calm down Consultech, I'm jibing. I know you didnt live off Doddies money, and you dont wear suits regularly (except for dinner;))

Of course I am much more willing to sleep with men who flash their cash and also because I am a gold-digging slag. =]

Of course I am much more willing to sleep with men who flash their cash and also because I am a gold-digging slag. =]
    http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xumxVxiWbnI

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

Ah shssshhh you loved it!!!

Tbh i go to these places once every 2nd/3rd month tbh i prefer pubs and my latest fave place to hang out is the bar with no name right beside Hogans... good atmosphere...

Note: if you want to score, go elsewhere... Sorta place to go with mates and have a good laugh :D
    AnonoBoy wrote: »
    Oh it has a name alright - but it's only told to those in the know. ;)

Note to self: Stalk MIN2511 at Pinty's Bar. Ah Goddamnit!

The Wooden Snail ? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Svalbard

So I get a shout from one of the lads on Saturday afternoon inviting me out for a "large" one with about 6 of them on Saturday night. They're apparently heading to a certain relatively upmarket club, donning the designer suits, as is their way (Know them from college, they're all 24-28, work in very solid jobs considering, or live on dod's money, but that's beside the point). Haven't been out with this set of lads in about a year so what the heck, my finest goes on too and out we pop.

So... we get to club X and from the get go the lot of us/them are attracting attention from various groups of (hot) girls. This goes on all night, it wasn't even a challenge (in single man's terms). Long story short we were each asked by several different girls on several different occasions throughout the night to buy various girls drinks, their friends drinks, etc... Moreso the other lads, as I'm not single and wasn't mixing it up as much as them. One of the lads was even invited back to a girl's house (who he'd only been talkin to for 5 minutes!), but he had to pay for the taxi (~€50)!?!

I honestly felt like I was back in that Phuket gogo bar at times, I haven't seen anything like this in Dublin before.

So... Have single (hot) girls in Ireland dropped their standards in the name of a free ride (so to speak)? - Or has the recession moved the ethics goalposts for one-night gold-diggery by an alarmingly noticeable amount?

Lads? Any similar experiences?

I think they wanted free drinks or perhaps they are prostitutes.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

MOH wrote: »
    The Wooden Snail ? :)

Wooden Snail? Pah!

It's called Pinty's!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

So I get a shout from one of the lads on Saturday afternoon inviting me out for a "large" one with about 6 of them on Saturday night. They're apparently heading to a certain relatively upmarket club, donning the designer suits, as is their way (Know them from college, they're all 24-28, work in very solid jobs considering, or live on dod's money, but that's beside the point). Haven't been out with this set of lads in about a year so what the heck, my finest goes on too and out we pop.

So... we get to club X and from the get go the lot of us/them are attracting attention from various groups of (hot) girls. This goes on all night, it wasn't even a challenge (in single man's terms). Long story short we were each asked by several different girls on several different occasions throughout the night to buy various girls drinks, their friends drinks, etc... Moreso the other lads, as I'm not single and wasn't mixing it up as much as them. One of the lads was even invited back to a girl's house (who he'd only been talkin to for 5 minutes!), but he had to pay for the taxi (~€50)!?!

I honestly felt like I was back in that Phuket gogo bar at times, I haven't seen anything like this in Dublin before.

So... Have single (hot) girls in Ireland dropped their standards in the name of a free ride (so to speak)? - Or has the recession moved the ethics goalposts for one-night gold-diggery by an alarmingly noticeable amount?

Lads? Any similar experiences?

go to a brasser

itd be cheaper

Wooden Snail? Pah!

It's called Pinty's!
    A friend of mine called it L'apartment, i told her it's Pinty's-it better be or else i'ld kill ya ;)

A friend of mine called it L'apartment, i told her it's Pinty's-it better be or else i'ld kill ya ;)

I better be getting pancakes tonight too or I'll kill you! ;)

I better be getting pancakes tonight too or I'll kill you! ;)
    Hehehehe...

United is playing tonight hon... not a chance! Just washed my jersey.. Heading to the woolshed to watch the match :D
    Pancakes next tuesday ;)

Hehehehe...

United is playing tonight hon... not a chance! Just washed my jersey.. Heading to the woolshed to watch the match :D
    Pancakes next tuesday ;)

Enjoy Pinty's so! ;-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭Mcfast

kystal has always been this sort of a hole, nothing to do with the recession

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭SoWatchaWant

Fixed your thread title:

Sluts who want free drinks are friendlier when you dress in a suit and throw money around like a flash johnny.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

Wooden Snail? Pah!

It's called Pinty's!

Is Pinty the name of the carved wooden snail outside?
    Hehehehe...

Pancakes next tuesday ;)

Aw, the Woolshed was the one place I was hoping to get the Arsenal game with sound. Be bad enough watching us lose without being surrounded by jubilant United fans. And they're bound to have the United sound on.
    Just cos we're rubbish .. :(

Back on topic: buying girls drinks just because they ask = mug.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

Did the op and his mates actually buy the girls the drinks they were asking for ? I can't see anywhere saying he did, or one of his mates paying for a taxi. All I can see is that he'd have to pay for a taxi if they left together, not that he actually did.

• Advertisement

Pyr0 wrote: »
    Did the op and his mates actually buy the girls the drinks they were asking for ? I can't see anywhere saying he did, or one of his mates paying for a taxi. All I can see is that he'd have to pay for a taxi if they left together, not that he actually did.

Waheyyyyyyyyyyyyyy! Somebody finally read the thread!!!!

[/fanfare]

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭dollybird09

OP do you actually think that morals have been forgotten when it comes to girls offering to let guys buy them drinks? IMO there are very little morals or ethics about in the clubscene so can't see how it's gotten any worse! I think there has always been a certain girl who relies on men to buy her drinks, and there is a certain type of guy who doesn't mind doing this...

I don't think this is down to recession, its more down to how women want their lives to be... the Stepford Wife idea of being looked after by the guy and the women spend their time posing and looking hot... It's been around for ages - fuelled by the Celtic Tiger and bad American dramas, women expect more and more from their men....

Well done on not parting with your money!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭scarymoon1

so girls actually come up to guys and say "will you buy me a drink?" and flash them a smile??? i don't really believe this tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 350 ✭✭free-man

If I have a choice between going somewhere like Krystal or Coppers I pick Krystal..

Its nice to see girls in there who actually take care of themselves (even if their credit card is maxed out!)

Its also more of a challenge with hotter girls and makes the night more interesting. If you go to a bar infested with drunk guys every single girl's been hit on 20 times before you even say hello to her which tends to make them have MORE of an attitude than the 'posh' clubs.

Oh and if a girl ever asks you for a drink, just confirm if a shot will do, then proceed to ask the barman for a shot of carslberg, they love it :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭NickNolte

I don't think this is down to recession, its more down to how women want their lives to be... the Stepford Wife idea of being looked after by the guy and the women spend their time posing and looking hot... It's been around for ages - fuelled by the Celtic Tiger and bad American dramas, women expect more and more from their men....

Wow. So much for the feminist agenda. That's really pathetic. Doesn't that make these women whores?

NickNolte wrote: »
    Wow. So much for the feminist agenda. That's really pathetic. Doesn't that make these women whores?

Pretty much yeah...

I'm not saying that all women want a man to look after them but there are quite a few that think that if they look hot, a man will happily spoil them just as much as her parents did!

Women face so much pressure to have the hottest clothes etc, I think some are happy to exchange such luxuries for their self respect....The Stepford phenomenon

I'm not saying that all women want a man to look after them but there are quite a few that think that if they look hot, a man will happily spoil them just as much as her parents did!

Yeah, and they're probably right. That's until they get older, develop wrinkles and get dumped for a younger model with a firmer arse who then gets to enjoy most of sugar daddy's money.

You can only really have a massive amount of disrespect for women like that. Not to mention the shallow morons who go out with them.

You can only really have a massive amount of disrespect for women like that. Not to mention the shallow morons who go out with them.

Yeah both parties are at fault in a relationship like that... though if they're happy I guess....

Doesn't seem to be any guys around who are just nice... No games, motives or schemes... just genuinely nice guys who want a nice girl.... It's all about game playing it seems

Doesn't seem to be any guys around who are just nice... No games, motives or schemes... just genuinely nice guys who want a nice girl.... It's all about game playing it seems

I'd have said women were much more prone to playing games then men. Men can be a lot more deviant when it comes to their intentions - i.e. many men will feign interested in you just to get you in bed. Which is pretty bad, no doubt about it. Having said that, you can spot these guys a mile off and they're the ones who always get more attention from the ladies while the 'nice guys' are largely ignored. You're your own worst enemies gals.

• Advertisement

I'd have said women were much more prone to playing games then men. Men can be a lot more deviant when it comes to their intentions - i.e. many men will feign interested in you just to get you in bed. Which is pretty bad, no doubt about it. Having said that, you can spot these guys a mile off and they're the ones who always get more attention from the ladies while the 'nice guys' are largely ignored. You're your own worst enemies gals.

yeah I accept we bring it on ourselves...

you're probably right - women are more game players... but men are not all that open about their intentions which makes it tricky for girls to know where they stand and hence the game playing begins....

where would one go to find a nice guy?!!

Advertisement