Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any of you hate dublin

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭iPlop

Well by the sound of all the card carrying idiots in this thread you're

A) a west brit who doesn't understand what it means to be Irish
    B) ignorant
    C) filthy
    D) a scumbag who's name is either anto or deco

No it's Rasher Conners " Deh ye wanna bit of carpet"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

BraziliaNZ wrote: »
    It's YOUR capital whether your a Dubliner or from a different county.

Could you please not bring that fact that upsets the rest of the population to attention please. It really bothers the rest of us that its the capital.

Personally i'd much prefer to have Cork as the capital. its a nice city and the people have an immense pride in their county that they dont throw in your face ignorantly like the dubs. I'm from Limerick so i've no cork allegiance before anyone gives out

Well by the sound of all the card carrying idiots in this thread you're

A) a west brit who doesn't understand what it means to be Irish
    B) ignorant
    C) filthy
    D) a scumbag who's name is either anto or deco

the interesting thing about this is that even if you took out the card carrying idiots part its still a fact.
    You really should have an extra answer

E) all of the above

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,715 ✭✭✭marco murphy

Come to Navan, like the rest of them.
    ****ing Israel all over again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,045 ✭✭✭Húrin

I think that most of the complaints about Dublin are true of most cities in the west. There are scanger type characters in all of them.

However I agree with RealEstateKing that the hollowing of the city centre by high rents is bad. I think there needs to be more cycling, more hanging around on the streets on benches and chess boards. The streets needn't be just transport channels.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Húrin wrote: »
    I think there needs to be more cycling, more hanging around on the streets on benches and chess boards.

:pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

That post was a joke, wasn't it, wasn't it.

Knight to anto-deco 4

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

Iang87 wrote: »
    Could you please not bring that fact that upsets the rest of the population to attention please. It really bothers the rest of us that its the capital.

Personally i'd much prefer to have Cork as the capital. its a nice city and the people have an immense pride in their county that they dont throw in your face ignorantly like the dubs. I'm from Limerick so i've no cork allegiance before anyone gives out

I can't go to Cork because the accent makes me cringe. Wtf does pride in your county mean? What are they proud of? Clonakilty pudding or something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Samba

So Dublin people hate country people and country people hate Dublin people because Dublin people hate country people.

Scratches head.

This isn't going to end soon is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭doctorjohn

Dublin doesn't work. It is broken but it never was fixed in the first place. As a race us Irish are an ugly breed and Dublin highlights that more than a trip on any other public transport in the country. There is nothing nice in Dublin. nothing nice to do or nothing nice to look at.

I'm no oil painting myself but Dublin takes the bickkie

I don't hate anybody. For some reason non-Dublin people hate us, they're the ones with the issues. I'm willing to be their friend!

• Advertisement

I don't hate anybody. For some reason non-Dublin people hate us, they're the ones with the issues. I'm willing to be their friend!

no we're not sayin that we dont wanna be your friend but the fact that you're from dublin makes you intolerable to the rest of the country. i'm sure you're lovely but i've no plan on ever finding out you know;)

I can't go to Cork because the accent makes me cringe. Wtf does pride in your county mean? What are they proud of? Clonakilty pudding or something?

oh ya pride in your county means that you're genuinely happy with where you live and love evrythin about it whereas cos you're from dublin you could never feel that you know. simply cos no1 loves a ****hole:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Geri Boyle

+1 Brazilian. I quite like Cork actually. West Cork is beautiful and the city is good for a night out. I have to laugh at some of the comments though. 'I hate Dublin because of its inadequate transport system.' 'I hate Dublin because not every road needs to be a transport channel.' 'I hate Dublin because its too big.' 'Compared to other cities Dublin is too small'. You cant please everyone all the time.

oh ya pride in your county means that you're genuinely happy with where you live and love evrythin about it whereas cos you're from dublin you could never feel that you know. simply cos no1 loves a ****hole:)

so where are you from? and what makes you proud of it?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,342 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

doctorjohn wrote: »
    Dublin doesn't work. It is broken but it never was fixed in the first place. As a race us Irish are an ugly breed and Dublin highlights that more than a trip on any other public transport in the country. There is nothing nice in Dublin. nothing nice to do or nothing nice to look at.

I'm no oil painting myself but Dublin takes the bickkie

beauty is in the eye of the beholder :D btw i think there is many nice areas of dublin, many not so nice too of course, custom house lit up at night is a lovely site, especially from next to tara street station
    BraziliaNZ wrote:

i am sure some do but don't paint everyone with the same brush, i actually had a dublin girl nearly say the exact same thing to me one night in quinns, weird :eek: anyways some of my best friends are born and bred dubliners, right across the social divide from offenton sutton to ballymun. heading to ufc in the point on saturday with two lads from rathmines, us country folk don't all hate dubs ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Cork as the capital? Bahahahahaha. No. Just no.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

rossie1977 wrote: »

anyways some of my best friends are born and bred dubliners, right across the social divide from offenton sutton to ballymun. heading to ufc in the point on saturday with two lads from rathmines, us country folk don't all hate dubs ;)

It's Offington.

Sorry. :o

I know lots of culchies and foreigners living in Dublin anyway that like it there, the rest of you whingers just need to get laid or something

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,542 ✭✭✭Captain Darling

I wont knock the place until i live there. I hate this Doooblin vs Culchie craic.

jesus, people actually love everything about a place they live, i find that impossible to believe, every place has faults

• Advertisement

I know lots of culchies and foreigners living in Dublin anyway that like it there, the rest of you whingers just need to get laid or something

people outside dublin might talk to you more if you didn't refer to them as culchies :cool: the word culchies suggests that person is of very low IQ

people outside dublin might talk to you more if you didn't refer to them as culchies :cool: the word culchies suggests that person is of very low IQ

well Dubs have taken enough stick on this thread, I'm entitled to use the "C" word

jesus, people actually love everything about a place they live, i find that impossible to believe, every place has faults

no its very easy to believe actually.

as for the dude who said get laid, what in the name of god what has that got to do with hating dublin.

and the other dude who said dubliners are taking enough stick on this thread, why would you enter a thread named any of you hate dublin. did you expect us to say jesus lovely place nothin wrong at all. Its a ****hole get over it

no its very easy to believe actually.

as for the dude who said get laid, what in the name of god what has that got to do with hating dublin.

and the other dude who said dubliners are taking enough stick on this thread, why would you enter a thread named any of you hate dublin. did you expect us to say jesus lovely place nothin wrong at all. Its a ****hole get over it

You've shot yourself in the foot

i dont know how and i didnt really wanna read through to find the mistake what was it

actually dont bother i dont particularly care, i feel i must admit though i was doing a bit of trolling there cos thats how i gets my kicks, haha anyway its a ****hole

i dont know how and i didnt really wanna read through to find the mistake what was it

well you sound like a complete arsehole and not a great ambassador for whatever place you're refusing to tell us you're from

well you sound like a complete arsehole and not a great ambassador for whatever place you're refusing to tell us you're from

what are you on about you jackass i said limerick a few posts ago. i'm just sayin dublin is a ****hole or maybe even as unbelievably as this sounds i'm sticking to the thread unlike you

what are you on about you jackass i said limerick a few posts ago. i'm just sayin dublin is a ****hole or maybe even as unbelievably as this sounds i'm sticking to the thread unlike you

Seriously, someone from Limerick slating anywhere else in the world... get a grip!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭Harpy

Seriously, someone from Limerick slating anywhere else in the world... get a grip!

This thread is about Dublin being a ****hole, so lets keep it on topic and not bring beautiful Limerick into it with it's picturesque natural beauty...

P.S. our river is blue unlike yers...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭iPlop

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Cork as the capital? Bahahahahaha. No. Just no.

"you fcukin langer boy"

bit o' de ol cork lingo

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement