Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any of you hate dublin

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭frecklier

I think people's situations have a lot to do with it. If you're married with kids, of course Dublin is a nightmare, having to ferry kids to creche, get to work, etc. But why would a single person want to live in the country, when there's something different to do every night of the week in Dublin? In January, I'll have been to the theatre 5 times, 2 music gigs, and a few nights out in the pub. Can't get all that in the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,343 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

frecklier wrote: »
    I think people's situations have a lot to do with it. If you're married with kids, of course Dublin is a nightmare, having to ferry kids to creche, get to work, etc. But why would a single person want to live in the country, when there's something different to do every night of the week in Dublin? In January, I'll have been to the theatre 5 times, 2 music gigs, and a few nights out in the pub. Can't get all that in the country.

everywhere outside of dublin isn't the country in fairness.

castlebar has one of the finest theatres in the country with something on every night

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

rossie1977 wrote: »
    everywhere outside of dublin isn't the country in fairness.

castlebar has one of the finest theatres in the country with something on every night

Castlebar?!

Mayo....?!?!

but sure that's not in Dublin..nothing could be on there?!

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

Dublin smells really bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

The Government should look at providing incentives to boggers to leave the Capital and free up jobs for Dubliners.

Screw the rest of the country.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

Rb wrote: »
    The Government should look at providing incentives to boggers to leave the Capital and free up jobs for Dubliners.

Screw the rest of the country.

Everyone knows that the dubs are chronically workshy, this plan will never work.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,481 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

I've lived in Dublin all my life and it's starting to tire me. If Apple gives me a job I'll move to Cork... which is a cool city. It's Dublin Lite... i.e. plenty of stuff going on, but less of the hassle.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

I've lived in Dublin all my life and it's starting to tire me. If Apple gives me a job I'll move to Cork... which is a cool city. It's Dublin Lite... i.e. plenty of stuff going on, but less of the hassle.

Yeah but everybody knows that lite, diet, free or zero are always the geh version.

Not to mention it tastes like ****.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭banshee_bones

Dublin smells really bad

and im always acutely aware of my possessions, thinking im probably going to get mugged...

so i stay away from the place like the plauge.

Only usually there because of the airport!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

Dublin is sh*t and the only people that seem to think otherwise seem to have lived there their entire lives and never left the place.

I'd love to stop working in Dublin except our incompetent government won't put infrastructure anywhere else to encourage companies to move there. Hell they won't even put in sufficient infrastructure for the people that do have to work in Dublin.

So eh, stop voting for muppets ya muppets :P

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,437 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

I used to hate it.. Then I started spending time in little place called Clane in Kildare.. My God.. It's like Coronation Street.. EVERYONE knows each other's business.. They're all shagging each others partners.. Theres like, one pub everyone goes to on a Saturday night and I know 90% of the faces in there, it's like being back in school, you're almost doing a role call.. Have to get outta there, it's messing with my mojo :o Rarely go to Dublin for a night out but when I do it's a breath of fresh air.. So much 'drama' in those one horse towns..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

xzanti wrote: »
    I used to hate it.. Then I started spending time in little place called Clane in Kildare.. My God.. It's like Coronation Street.. EVERYONE knows each other's business.. They're all shagging each others partners.. Theres like, one pub everyone goes to on a Saturday night and I know 90% of the faces in there, it's like being back in school, you're almost doing a role call.. Have to get outta there, it's messing with my mojo :o Rarely go to Dublin for a night out but when I do it's a breath of fresh air.. So much 'drama' in those one horse towns..

Ah, I like Clane! Been out there a good few times. Plus the Westgrove Hotel is a nice place to go for a few drinks.

I don't like Dublin city centre and rarely go near the place anymore for nights out etc but I like where I live in the suburbs. I could never live in the city centre, I'd crack up!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,481 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

Davidius wrote: »
    Yeah but everybody knows that lite, diet, free or zero are always the geh version.

Not to mention it tastes like ****.

You can't talk about the geh **** versions... you live in Greystones... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Ah, Dublin.

Can't beat it. Try, and fail.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,437 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Clare Bear wrote: »
    Ah, I like Clane!

I used to too, in small doses..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

I don't actually know anyone from Dublin, I'm just going by things that I've read or heard other people say

an Irish person that doesn't know anyone from Dublin... You mustn't get out much do you?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

brim4brim wrote: »
    Dublin is sh*t and the only people that seem to think otherwise seem to have lived there their entire lives and never left the place.

I must be the exception so.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Xavi6 wrote: »
    I must be the exception so.

Ah, but its still crap, regardless of any logical points you have!

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Taking it too far?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,119 ✭✭✭Wagon

I hate Dublin for it's increasingly materialistic and vain society. It smells bad in parts. More than once I've been walking down the street and will stop to stick my fingers down my crack to check if I've **** myself. I hate the **** who insist on driving their Lexus into work in the morning when they could just get a bus instead (Commuters are understandable though, yis live miles away). I despise the licencing laws, the lazy police service, the fact that my favourite places to drink in are closing down, the poxy health service, the way the luas doesn't go past my house, the way my wall in my bedroom is falling down.

What I do like though is being able to complain about all this on the internet like a real man ;)

Dublin ain't the worst (used to be a great laugh) but it's changing into a trendy, stylish and shambolic ****hole that I'd rather not be living in much longer.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 586 ✭✭✭The Mighty Ken

Wagon wrote: »
    I hate Dublin for it's increasingly materialistic and vain society.

Um, that's pretty much the whole of Ireland mate. Dublin probably leads the rest of the coutry in this regards but last time I checked Galway, Cork, Limerick and everywhere else were just as bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,119 ✭✭✭Wagon

Um, that's pretty much the whole of Ireland mate. Dublin probably leads the rest of the coutry in this regards but last time I checked Galway, Cork, Limerick and everywhere else were just as bad.

Oh. Good thing I'm leaving the country :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

It is a **** hole. I hate the place.

Mossy Monk wrote: »
    It is a **** hole. I hate the place.

Don't come here then. We'll miss you terribly. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

BraziliaNZ wrote: »
    an Irish person that doesn't know anyone from Dublin... You mustn't get out much do you?

Or he is truely the luckiest man in ireland.

Wagon wrote: »
    Oh. Good thing I'm leaving the country :)

Where are you planning on going? Because most of the Western world is like this. Sorry to rain on your parade. Unfortunetly we're living in a material world and you, whether you like to admit it or not, are a material girl.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Don't come here then. We'll miss you terribly. :pac:

Believe me if I could avoid it I wouldn't go near the place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭nobodythere

Blue Belle wrote: »
    If you dont like it, leave. But dont insult us and our home and then call us rude!

I think what you meant to say is "if ya don't loike it yiz can fook off, buh down insuhllt us n our home n den cawl us rewed"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Slow Motion

To sum up! I hate Dublin wah wah wah! I have no friends wah wah wah! I want the internet to validate me wah wah wah! If you don't like the place you know what to do, and don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out! Bye now!;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Geri Boyle

Lovely personal attack there, cheers grasshoppa. No I dont speak like that, and neither do half the population of Dublin but its just yet another prejudiced remark and trust me I've heard them all before.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement