Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any of you hate dublin

Options
  • 11-01-2009 3:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,515 ✭✭✭

I'm just sick of it to be honest. There is no more atmosphere. I hate the expense of overpriced rent for just living close to work. As soon as i have my full license, i am out of here and moving to the country. I'd rather avoid overcrowded, overpriced, over knackery dublin life. It just has become so depressing in recent years. Sorry for generalising but this is really for those who just live in dublin because they work here. If i was offered the same job in the country,i would take it like that to avoid all the hustle and bussle of the mundane and repetition of living in a never ending cycle. :(:P:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,870 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Dublin forum tbh!

Back OT. Could be worse. Could be Cork.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 970 ✭✭✭Kirnsy

i love dublin :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭mick.fr

jaffa20 wrote: »
    I'm just sick of it to be honest. There is no more atmosphere. I hate the expense of overpriced rent for just living close to work. As soon as i have my full license, i am out of here and moving to the country. I'd rather avoid overcrowded, overpriced, over knackery dublin life. It just has become so depressing in recent years. Sorry for generalising but this is for gus who just live in dublin because they work here. If i was offered the same job in the country,i would take it like that to avoid all the hustle and bussle of the mundane and repetition of living in a never ending cycle. :(:P:D

Mate Dublin has changed over the years for sure, but it is still a pretty quiet and a pretty balanced city I am telling you. Try to work in London, Paris, New York etc., that's another story.

Welcome to the working class life

• Closed Accounts Posts: 243 ✭✭HarryPalmer

Went to work in Dublin for a while... horrible. People okay, but some arrogance when they see a Clare plate on the car. Come to Co. Clare, ftw!

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Far too many Sheeple! Well, obviously!

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

I'm just sick of it to be honest. There is no more atmosphere. I hate the expense of overpriced rent for just living close to work. As soon as i have my full license, i am out of here and moving to the country. I'd rather avoid overcrowded, overpriced, over knackery dublin life. It just has become so depressing in recent years. Sorry for generalising but this is for gus who just live in dublin because they work here. If i was offered the same job in the country,i would take it like that to avoid all the hustle and bussle of the mundane and repetition of living in a never ending cycle. :(:P:D

Spoiler
    Stop wasting my time.
    Think yourself lucky , you don't live in Limerick
    Just a stab in the dark , on my behalf.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

Dublin is an alright place to visit, but i wouldn't want to live there.

So, i did. twice.

Honestly, i have no idea how people living there stand how horrifically crowded it gets in the mornings. I'm fully convinced the average person working in dublin would skullfuck their own mother to death if they thought it'd get them to where they are going five seconds quicker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

I cant stand the place. I knwo I have 2 brothers and a sister that where born and lived in dublin for a few years before moving down to waterford. I Like the dublin people, apart from the "sure if your not from dublin your a culchie" bullshít. I just dont like the place itself.
    Before all the "howya's" come on and say "sure Waterfords a kip" I couldnt give a fiddlers, Im born and raised in Waterford and I dont like the place either, would much rather it though than dublin. Majority of me family and great mates are from the big smoke. Would never live there mself though.

Brothers and sister from Springfield in tallaght, looked like a nice spot last time I popped up ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭Shacklebolt

Went to work in Dublin for a while... horrible. People okay, but some arrogance when they see a Clare plate on the car. Come to Co. Clare, ftw!

Did you ever find the Ipcress Files?

Did you ever find the Ipcress Files?

I did, but didn't the bastards torture me for it? In the end, the boss said it wasn't really worth worrying about.... I mean to say, isn't espionage about fast cars and hot chicks? FFS.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,342 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

a dubliner giving out about dublin on afterhours, this has to be a windup, either that or i am too drunk :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Kirnsy wrote: »
    i love dublin :D

I second this.

It may not be perfect, but its home.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

i love dublin and dublin city im just glad i live in the suburbs and only have to put it up with the **** when i want to

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭Shacklebolt

I did, but didn't the bastards torture me for it? In the end, the boss said it wasn't really worth worrying about.... I mean to say, isn't espionage about fast cars and hot chicks? FFS.

I suppose it is.. Bond was on earlier and he certainly spent a lot of time with cars and women. Seems like a nice life.

It's all paperwork and bollox, mate. Stay out of the spy game, that's my advice. Oh, yeah stay out of Dublin too.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Could be worse. Could be Cork.

QFT

Love Dublin. Best county going, and if you think it's a horrible place then that just says how bad the rest of the country must be.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭fletch...

I cant complain about Dublin really but i cant stand living/being stuck here. my Ma moved to Cavan, sister to England and wer doing everything we can at the moment to get out to Wicklow. but on the other hand most of my mates from Wicklow are moving into Dublin. The grass is greener and all that ye know

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭trailerparkboy

How could i like dublin sure it isnt really part of ireland im most peoples eyes, west britain more like, us people in the country have and will never like dublin thats just the way it goes before west britain it was know as the pale, now im not saying i dont like dublin people just dublin itself:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭fredzer

I'm just sick of it to be honest. There is no more atmosphere. I hate the expense of overpriced rent for just living close to work. As soon as i have my full license, i am out of here and moving to the country. I'd rather avoid overcrowded, overpriced, over knackery dublin life. It just has become so depressing in recent years. Sorry for generalising but this is really for those who just live in dublin because they work here. If i was offered the same job in the country,i would take it like that to avoid all the hustle and bussle of the mundane and repetition of living in a never ending cycle. :(:P:D

OP sounds like you need to get laid:D There's alot of tension in your post! Try moving to the northside of the city for a while, much more relaxed over here!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Yes, Dublin City is a kip.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭fletch...

Actually the more I think of it (although it could be because ive got Slayer in my ears) i Feckn hate this dumphole.

i couldnt use my normal angry language cause it would get me banned, but yes - i hate this kip

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

It's the Pale, full off West Brits.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

How could i like dublin sure it isnt really part of ireland im most peoples eyes, west britain more like, us people in the country have and will never like dublin thats just the way it goes before west britain it was know as the pale, now im not saying i dont like dublin people just dublin itself:D

:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭fredzer

I hope your grasp of the Irish language is better than your grasp of the English language, being a real Irish person of course. You really demolished those few lines. Fair play!

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭ahmed89

i love dublin,there is lots of thing to do here;),i used to life in the country side and there is nothing to do there,its boaring

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

If I could fit a wedding dress around it, I'de marry it.

PS: down with culchies.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

ahmed89 wrote: »
    i love dublin,there is lots of thing to do here;),i used to life in the country side and there is nothing to do there,its boaring

You could have hunted wild boars.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

loves the boars!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Do I hate Dublin? Depends...

Will Des Bishop be there? :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Geri Boyle

This attitude of people moving to Dublin from other counties and giving out about us really gets on my wick. Its generalisation and laziness. Dublin is a county not just a city. I live in Dublin (outside the pale for all you ignorant 'west Brit' accusers out there) .We've a huge choice of pubs, shops etc. and Im a 5min stroll from a mountain and a 10min drive from the sea. We have places steeped in Irish History all around. If you dont like it, leave. But dont insult us and our home and then call us rude!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement