Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any of you hate dublin

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

The other half do talk like that?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

biko wrote: »
    Taking it too far?

It's either that or relocate to the back arse of nowhere so......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Geri Boyle

I dont understand what the problem is. If you're not from Dublin then it is not your home and its never going to feel like your home! I dont go to the Aran Islands and give out that there isnt a shopping centre there on the doorstep! If I want that, I stay at home! But for those of you who dont want to live in the 'home> work> gaa pitch> local>home' circle then Dublin has alot to offer thats a bit different. Why not just enjoy all the good things about it instead of complaining that its different?!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,343 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Blue Belle wrote: »
    Why not just enjoy all the good things about it instead of complaining that its different?!

how so though, apart from the fact that its bigger, how is dublin so much different from galway, cork or limerick or even big towns. those places have tonnes of pubs and clubs, all the stores you could want, nice public buildings, theatres, sports venues, nice scenery outside of the main downtown areas.

as i stated a few posts back, i think thats the problem dublin as a city possesses, its not really that different from any major sized town in ireland, it doesn't really offer anything special or different

something like a theme park would make a major difference for sure

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,119 ✭✭✭Wagon

Where are you planning on going? Because most of the Western world is like this. Sorry to rain on your parade. Unfortunetly we're living in a material world and you, whether you like to admit it or not, are a material girl.

Moving to italy. Girlfriend lives there. No better reason than that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

But for those of you who dont want to live in the 'home> work> gaa pitch> local>home' circle then Dublin has alot to offer thats a bit different.

Such as......
    Oh I got it........ home > dodge junkies > work > characterless super pub > dodge more junkies > home

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭TGi666

i hate dublin only for the fack the i have to travel up every day then go to work apart from that it great

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

I lived in Dublin and for a while at the start I liked it, but over time the filth of the place, the cost of getting poor service and goods and the sheer number of skangers (has anyone compared % population of the towns cities that are skangers? I would guess only Limerick trumps Dublin).

Of the people I spoke to a large number were small minded ("yiz r a bogger from dowun the countree") the city centre is the smelliest (even smellier than the smelly parts of London) and the most expensive capital I have been in (not houses etc, but just general cost of living)

I also worked in Cork and found it a bit better, but its a small city and had a small city feel. Galway was great craic, but we were a great bunch of 20 somethings and had a great time, havent been there for some time though and I am informed its not the same town any more, pity.

Oh and Dubliners were called jackeens for a reason.... west brit feckers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Geri Boyle

Number 1- where do you live that you have to 'dodge junkies' twice a day?! And number 2- why do you go to the superpubs you hate so much?! There are thousands of pubs to suit every taste so pick a different one if you hate them so much?
    And Rossie I cant imagine turning Dublin into Las Vegas or Blackpool would do it any favours.. Dublin markets its heritage to tourists, theres no way the goverment would turn it into a tacky theme park! Besides, the rollercoaster track would never be finished...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,343 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

And Rossie I cant imagine turning Dublin into Las Vegas or Blackpool would do it any favours.. Dublin markets its heritage to tourists, theres no way the goverment would turn it into a tacky theme park! Besides, the rollercoaster track would never be finished...

those were just off the head suggestions, taking a quick glance at the dublintourist website; 2 of the top 5 suggestions for things to do in dublin are visit to the guinness brewery and temple bar, this doesn't suggest a city that markets its heritage.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭allabouteve

I lived in Dublin for about 18 months, and I liked it. Its not so much about things to do though, because for a Capital city I don't think it has a lot to offer in terms of galleries, museums, sports and leisure facilities, stadia etc, but the people are really funny, hilarious even at times.

I didn't get to know the Northside of the city well, and I am aware of the rivalry between the North and Southsiders, but I liked where I lived in Dun Laoghaire well enough, and I moved to North Wicklow shortly before I left, and it was a pretty spot.

Australian, btw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Slow Motion

I lived in Dublin for about 18 months, and I liked it. Its not so much about things to do though, because for a Capital city I don't think it has a lot to offer in terms of galleries, museums, sports and leisure facilities, stadia etc, but the people are really funny, hilarious even at times.

I didn't get to know the Northside of the city well, and I am aware of the rivalry between the North and Southsiders, but I liked where I lived in Dun Laoghaire well enough, and I moved to North Wicklow shortly before I left, and it was a pretty spot.

Australian, btw.

You liked Dublin and you didn't even get to know the best part of it! Case closed;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

Number 1- where do you live that you have to 'dodge junkies' twice a day?!

Both O' Connell Street & Grafton street

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

Blame the new shopping centres in the suburbs - they killed off the city centre - place is dead now.

I don't mind Dublin people/county, but I absolutely despise Dublin city with a passion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭iPlop

Dublin is the worst fcukin kip in Ireland ,Full of brass monkeys and wanna be tracksuit heads

"Giz a bleedin' smoke or i'll batter yeh"

• Registered Users Posts: 10,988 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

seanybiker wrote: »
    Brothers and sister from Springfield in tallaght, looked like a nice spot last time I popped up ;)

Springfield is a nice spot, as are most places in Tallaght.

Get off your ****ing high horse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭InkSlinger67

Just got a taste of Dublin in de rare oul times.....two scummers bating the bejesus out each other with a pair of crutches - crutch-a-piece whacking the snot out of each other at a bus stop on Camden Street. At rush hour ffs!!!

Was expecting the fuzz to come running around the corner from Harcourt in a Benny Hill type fashion after someone called 999 but alas I had to get my bus.

Fúckin' idiots....can only see it getting worse from here on in with all financial troubles going on - wouldn't be seen going through town at night with any sort of expensive kit if ye paid me (iPhone, iPod, Dublin Bus, etc.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

- wouldn't be seen going through town at night with any sort of expensive kit if ye paid me (iPhone, iPod, Dublin Bus, etc.)

You have your own bus? Do you call it an i-bus?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭nobodythere

Lovely personal attack there, cheers grasshoppa. No I dont speak like that, and neither do half the population of Dublin but its just yet another prejudiced remark and trust me I've heard them all before.

Lighten up or GTFO (of After Hours that is)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

god bless you for starting this thread, i wanted something great for my 100 post thank you.

Yes i hate dublin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 586 ✭✭✭The Mighty Ken

A suggestion for people that are in Dublin and hate it:

GTFO

• Registered Users Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

Dublin is the worst fcukin kip in Ireland ,Full of brass monkeys and wanna be tracksuit heads

At least our skangers are the real deal, do ya ever see the small town skangers... frankly they're an embarrasment to the skanger movement.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

A suggestion for people that are in Dublin and hate it:

GTFO

I'd imagine a lot of people who hate it aren't even there.

Kold wrote: »
    I'd imagine a lot of people who hate it aren't even there.

'Hate' takes a hell of a lot of effort. If you're not in Dublin and you go to the effort of hating it, you must have a real chip on your shoulder. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Einstein

jaffa20 wrote: »
    i am out of here and moving to the country.
    ...gonna eat a lot of peaches...

lols

• Closed Accounts Posts: 711 ✭✭✭who007

Grew up in the suburbs, moved to Cork, back home then to Kildare - and am still there and love the place. Dublin's ok; nice to visit for a bit of variety ni the nightlife. But live there? Noooooo......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

Xavi6 wrote: »
    those indie/ghey types
    Xavi6 wrote: »
    I didn't judge.

LOLS

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭Four-Percent

People should really realise that Dublin isn't your typical small country town.It's a city and as such, there are different types of people here.

did you just come up to Dublin so you could see the skangers and moan?
    what about the 800000+ normal people?
    How many skangers are in your area?none?

Cop on.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement