Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

This is Nitelive....

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 302 ✭✭HIVeindhoven

lol lot of bitter failed writers whinging in here
    "its ****e" well what the fk do yo expect if yor gonna compare it to the greatest satiral proframmes ever brass eye
    we are a small country the talent pool for this stuff is bound to be smaller
    i might also remind you that in the uk for every brass eye there is legions of unfunny dross
    genis is pretty rare and it certainly isnt evident on these boards lol at some of yo delusional creeps

PS i have not seen nightlive so dont have an opinion on whether its good or bad

pps i spilled cider on my keyboard a while back so excuse the lack of punctuation and missing letters

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

Extra Extra (Read all about it)

oh the flashbacks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

lol lot of bitter failed writers whinging in here

like you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 JohhnyHanjob

extra extra read all about it

placing a G before IMP will now get you a watery slap from dan-dan-dannnnn a mod

of course going on to show disrespect will probably lead to a chinese burn so this might be my last blam blam blam

dam you bond ughhhhh

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Aidric wrote: »
    I'm surprised nobody in RTE has commissioned someone to adapt a screenplay from the Ross O Carroll Kelly series of books.

Written shiite becoming televisual shiite?
    Thats sounds like an RTE wet dream.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

i have a feeling i'd hate johnnyhanjobs "comedy" so far, the only insight he's given us is a man getting hit by a bus. brilliant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

johnnyhanjob has been given a 2 week holiday for his trouble.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭Shane10

why does everyone seem to hate this guy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 lbyrne1981

Shane10 wrote: »
    why does everyone seem to hate this guy

If youre talking about ryan. Like apart from been a total tosser? He's anti-Irish and his excuse for a show is a sick joke. Everyone is making cutbacks. Rte should start now by taking this off.

zuroph wrote: »
    johnnyhanjob, and lbyrne, what comedy DO you like? I'm interested in finding out why you think you could do any better....

Were saying that this is not just about what is funny but a politicial matter. This posh fairy can go into rte and they GIVE him a show in the worst recession. It is anti-Irish, What about the great comedians and writers that dont know the right people? Where do they go. OFF OFF OFF

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭Shane10

lbyrne1981 wrote: »
    If youre talking about ryan. Like apart from been a total tosser? He's anti-Irish and his excuse for a show is a sick joke. Everyone is making cutbacks. Rte should start now by taking this off.

what do u mean by that ?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Why is there so much discussion about this when only 87,000 viewers tuned into watch the show.

I some how don't think it will return for a second series.

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭father_ted9t9

Elmo wrote: »
    I some how don't think it will return for a second series.

Hopefully not indeed

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

RichTea wrote: »
    The news tracker on the bottom had funny stuff but it moved too slowly for me.

QUOTE]

The ticker crawled along didn't it!? Just keep it at an ordinary pace and the mini-laughs will come. I wonder now if the speed of the ticker was intentional but thats beside the point.

Part of the Genius of "the day today" was the ticker moved too fast to read and yet was of the highest quality comedy, side splittingly funny and yet you could only read one gag out of three every time....
    so i guess that is another example of RTE missing the point.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

redbiro wrote: »
    I watched it last night and actually think its probably the best comedy show RTE have seen in a long time. Genuinely funny. The format is fresh and the writing is sharp. What other show on RTE can even be compared to Nightlive?

Ha ha ha ha
    it was fresh when morris/armando/coogan did it (better) 15 years ago, that was genius, this is pale RTE imitation

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

Ha ha ha ha
    it was fresh when morris/armando/coogan did it (better) 15 years ago, that was genius, this is pale RTE imitation

the guy u are quoting is a fake account set up by someone involved in the show simply to pimp it, wouldnt pay much heed.

87,000 viewers too many imo :pac:

oh, and being anti-Irish isnt a problem

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

lbyrne1981 wrote: »
    Were saying that this is not just about what is funny but a politicial matter. This posh fairy can go into rte and they GIVE him a show in the worst recession. It is anti-Irish, What about the great comedians and writers that dont know the right people? Where do they go. OFF OFF OFF
    we're far from the worst recession, plus, have you tried walking into RTE with an idea? Might not be as hard as you think.
    also, you come across as quite bitter about the type of person he is, which should not matter. judge on material, nothing else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 listerdave

Regarding 'Nitelive', I doubt RTE underwent 'best practice' and commissioned an initial pilot of this, dare I say, fucking travesty.

They did commission a pilot first. I spoke to someone who worked on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

listerdave wrote: »
    They did commission a pilot first. I spoke to someone who worked on it.
    Strange that they didn't watch it.

Jazzy wrote: »
    the guy u are quoting is a fake account set up by someone involved in the show simply to pimp it, wouldnt pay much heed.

87,000 viewers too many imo :pac:

oh, and being anti-Irish isnt a problem

Well spotted Jazzy. This so called writer is trying to pull a jedi? What kind of tool slags off his own show. Dont worry Ryan, there is enough of us to do that.

Take this OFF.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

im talking about redbiro being a fake account. not sure how clear i was :p

zuroph wrote: »
    we're far from the worst recession, plus, have you tried walking into RTE with an idea? Might not be as hard as you think.
    also, you come across as quite bitter about the type of person he is, which should not matter. judge on material, nothing else.

It is about him as a person tho' isn't it. A lot of this thread is personal and for a good reason. If this was some guy we didn't know trying his best wed give him a break.

But this guy has been asking for it for too long. He is a known failure. That should be enough.

btw Sorry Jazzy for the mix-up earlier

• Registered Users Posts: 49 wolfgang123

Extra Extra (Read all about it)

oh the flashbacks

Isn't the main actor in Extra Extra also the guy who plays the weatherman in This Is Nightlive ? Coincidence ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Enough is enough! Thread closed.

I have deleted serveral what can only be described as vitriolic posts full of personal abuse and the foulest of language. It appears that some people are not capable of discussion without it descending into chaos.

Mr Williams can enjoy his vacation from this forum.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement