Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

This is Nitelive....

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭Shane10

thought it was ok. some funny gags on it last night even if that bit with the girlband was a little weird. plus is it wrong to find "una" kinda hot ?!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Banner

Seriously this HAS to be the worst (Comedy) show I have ever seen on RTE. There is no point in saying what has already been said. If Aids and Cancer had a baby this would be it.

Hi Everyone, was googling this pile of tripe and came across this thread so had to post. The Programme Says it all really, Worst comedy RTE Have commissioned yet to date! This needs to go and only us the viewing public can do something about it. There are a lot of talented comedy groups and sketch artists in Ireland, but yet again RTE have given this idea to some gang of people who havent a clue. Im all for giving a chance to talented people but not to muppets who should go and just release their ideas on youtube or a personal website so they can look at themselves. Thats why im giving them this award. Well done to all involved!

7b198eb58d.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

The show suffers from very many things: -

1. The main character
    2. Lack of other settings
    3. Far too much banter, which should have been used in different settings

They for some strange reason have made a skit of "Xpose" and "UTV Live". Why aren't they bad enough?

id never heard of john ryan before have to say but i like his character on the show. think hes quite funny.

Shane10 wrote: »
    id never heard of john ryan before have to say but i like his character on the show. think hes quite funny.

Don't lie shane we all know you are John Ryan :D

• Advertisement

Elmo wrote: »
    Don't lie shane we all know you are John Ryan :D

well if i am i wouldnt mind getting to know "una" a bit better. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 irelandtvreview

thought it was ok. some funny gags on it last night even if that bit with the girlband was a little weird. plus is it wrong to find "una" kinda hot ?!!!!

Shane, you must have something to do with this programme, There is no way in living hell where anyone with a funny bone in their body can say that any of this is funny at all! Tell me on e thing in it that was of "laughable" quality? There is no originality, no Humour, no talent. There is a lot of in-jokes where the people working on the show probably find it hilarious, but this is not what the RTE Viewing audiences should be paying for. If i ever(and it could be very soon) stop paying my tv license, and i get brought to court over it, im just going to bring every recording to the court, show it to them and then...your honour, my case is closed

Shane, you must have something to do with this programme, There is no way in living hell where anyone with a funny bone in their body can say that any of this is funny at all! Tell me on e thing in it that was of "laughable" quality? There is no originality, no Humour, no talent. There is a lot of in-jokes where the people working on the show probably find it hilarious, but this is not what the RTE Viewing audiences should be paying for. If i ever(and it could be very soon) stop paying my tv license, and i get brought to court over it, im just going to bring every recording to the court, show it to them and then...your honour, my case is closed

its not a laugh a minute but its not bad. dont watch it if u think its so bad,simple.

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭father_ted9t9

its not a laugh a minute but its not bad. dont watch it if u think its so bad,simple.

Its not a laugh a minute...HA, Its not a laugh at all, i agree with irelandtvreview, there isnt any funny element to it anywhere! Im sorry to say it is the worst comedy ever on RTE, actually eorst on any channel ever i think to my knowledge. I Would have loved it to be brilliant, so then i could rave about it here, but i cannot, its sooooooooooooooooo bad i cannot even express my anger. I Pay my licence fee, and i want to see my money being spent on good programming. Its not a case of if i dont like it dont watch it, its more of a case of ive contributed to this pile of ass dust in someway with my licence fee and im unhappy about that. Simple :)

BTW i see you were unable to provide something funny from the show?? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭vivadeadponies

was the show really that bad, worse than the roaring twenties?
    The bit I seen of episode 1 looked like it had a good bit more of a budget, which means it should be better by default surely?

irelandtvreview: that photoshopped image thing deserves one of those awards itself, utter crap

• Advertisement

BTW i see you were unable to provide something funny from the show?? :D

I thought the Xpose girl was funny but then she has been doing that since X-it poll!

But yes it was dreadful.
    dont watch it if u think its so bad,simple.

Ah Shane didn't think you would use that old suggestion :( people are entitle to their opinion. I certainly won't be watching again.

Also there are plenty of other genres that RTÉ do well.

Did you see that funny comedy on TV3 last week?

was the show really that bad, worse than the roaring twenties?
    The bit I seen of episode 1 looked like it had a good bit more of a budget, which means it should be better by default surely?

irelandtvreview: that photoshopped image thing deserves one of those awards itself, utter crap

Firstly The roaring twenties was not great, agreed, but heres some facts for you. The roaring twenties was given a budget to shoot a pilot show. With the budget for the pilot they improvised and shot the entire series! I Can tell you that the budget for that pilot was not even a quarter of the WEEKLY budget for this rubbish. Of course your comment that because it had more of a budget it must have been better makes sense...DUH.

As for the 5 minutes my entire graphics department of 200 spent on doing the piss take picture, ill pass on your comments and make sure they do a better job next time. They did say to me that the were trying to encapsulate the style, genre and look of the nightlive show in it and i think they did quite well with that. funny thing also, all they did was copy the style of the pic on rtes website and text look, does that mean that the nightlive look is crap too...surely not! Apologies...

Firstly The roaring twenties was not great, agreed, but heres some facts for you. The roaring twenties was given a budget to shoot a pilot show. With the budget for the pilot they improvised and shot the entire series! I Can tell you that the budget for that pilot was not even a quarter of the WEEKLY budget for this rubbish. Of course your comment that because it had more of a budget it must have been better makes sense...DUH.

As for the 5 minutes my entire graphics department of 200 spent on doing the piss take picture, ill pass on your comments and make sure they do a better job next time. They did say to me that the were trying to encapsulate the style, genre and look of the nightlive show in it and i think they did quite well with that. funny thing also, all they did was copy the style of the pic on rtes website and text look, does that mean that the nightlive look is crap too...surely not! Apologies...

There was only 2 episodes of the Roaring Twenties. This series got 4 episodes AFAIK. I don't know the budget for either.

a piece of sh!t with money going for it is generally going to be better than a piece of sh!t with no money.

I was moreso saying the crappy image thing stopped me from being able to take your comment seriously. Don't worry though, the style was perfectly fine... it was the joke that was crap.

a piece of sh!t with money going for it is generally going to be better than a piece of sh!t with no money.

I was moreso saying the crappy image thing stopped me from being able to take your comment seriously. Don't worry though, the style was perfectly fine... it was the joke that was crap.

Not necceserily true, u can give a great idea little or no money and it can work. It's all about talent, and what joke?? I'm deadly serious, I'm giving it the awards of biggest pile of s?&t on rye and also the other covered prizes:D

Not necceserily true, u can give a great idea little or no money and it can work. It's all about talent, and what joke?? I'm deadly serious, I'm giving it the awards of biggest pile of s?&t on rye and also the other covered prizes:D

em... attention scum had some of the best talent in england behind it and a teeny budget. it kinda worked, but that means its only kinda the exception to the rule too.

yeah, awards of sh!t,

ha

ha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 JohhnyHanjob

Sorry just had to register to post This

this f**kin ting makes me shoot steam out my ears , Rte take TAX (ie License Fee) and throw it at C*R*A*P like this

I know comedy , I could write sketches which climb up a f**kin ladder and PEE all over nightlive but no .....Rte would prefer to give it to these chancers !!!!

Its worse than father ted or leave it to mrs o brien or the panel

irelandtvreview and jazzy we should get together and get our ideas going nad send them in , be worth it to see what they say

I've been keeping a journal of sketches much better than anything there

banner you said
    "If Aids and Cancer had a baby this would be it."
    man got it in one

they should be jailed, who the f**k is john ryan anyway

em... attention scum had some of the best talent in england behind it and a teeny budget. it kinda worked, but that means its only kinda the exception to the rule too.

yeah, awards of sh!t,

ha

ha

Are you retarded ie just a bit slow? That's exactly what I said, you CAN do good stuff with little or no money, proving my point that your comment saying it should be good cos it has budget is balls!

You're getting my shot award for being a retard. Congratulations:) you're parents must be so proud

Jonnyhanjob im in, let's do a sitcom about a forum user that hasn't a brain, call it "drop the dead vivadeadponies" maybe? What ya think? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 55,474 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

OK folks,

1. This is not After Hours, so stop swearing.
    2. Personal abuse is not allowed (irelandtvreview I'm looking at you)

If people don't chill out and give measured arguments why the program is crap (without resorting to swearing or "this is teh ghey" type comments), then it'll be time to close the thread. Cheers...

Mr E wrote: »
    OK folks,

1. This is not After Hours, so stop swearing.
    2. Personal abuse is not allowed (irelandtvreview I'm looking at you)

If people don't chill out and give measured arguments why the program is crap (without resorting to swearing or "this is teh ghey" type comments), then it'll be time to close the thread. Cheers...

Apologies about the personal abuse, its just i get so worked up when trying to explain my opinion to idiots and they just reiterate my comment back to me. Sorry

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

I was going to give you a 7 day holiday.

I have reconsidered. One more false move though. Capice?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭livingtargets

Considering that the man who wrote this tasteless rubbish tried to make a living out of publishing failed magazines about dogs in New York before returning to Ireland to make a terrible spoof show that`s been done a million times before,maybe a much funnier show would be the lifestory of this yuppie dope?

Cringeworthy.Disgracingly tasteless jokes about the Long Kesh hungerstrikes and...well I can`t really remember anything else...

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

But didn't he just insult people after being told not to? :pac:

Bond-007 wrote: »
    I have reconsidered. One more false move though. Capice?

BRAVO to the boards.ie controllors and there cool way of imparting the power they wield although I like the cut of irelandtvreviews jib

Still I aint posting any of my material here cause any fool could run away with it and claim it as his own

Lenihan and MAtthews had to go abroad before they were recognised because the w**kers in dublin 4 wouldnt know good comedy if it plays the benny hill tune and hit them in the face with a chair

Bond-007 is a cool handle dude.

Lenihan and MAtthews had to go abroad before they were recognised because the w**kers in dublin 4 wouldnt know good comedy if it plays the benny hill tune and hit them in the face with a chair

Didn't Lenihan and Matthews start on NightHawks?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

If i ever(and it could be very soon) stop paying my tv license,
    Paying your tv license is like paying to have your back garden turned into a skip for used heroin needles.

I missed it but it sounds so bad I want to see it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭crustyjuggler

Considering that the man who wrote this tasteless rubbish tried to make a living out of publishing failed magazines about dogs in New York before returning to Ireland to make a terrible spoof show that`s been done a million times before,maybe a much funnier show would be the lifestory of this yuppie dope?

Cringeworthy.Disgracingly tasteless jokes about the Long Kesh hungerstrikes and...well I can`t really remember anything else...

Remember that show from back in the day Night Stand presented by Dick Dietrick .

Are you retarded ie just a bit slow? That's exactly what I said, you CAN do good stuff with little or no money, proving my point that your comment saying it should be good cos it has budget is balls!

You're getting my shot award for being a retard. Congratulations:) you're parents must be so proud

Jonnyhanjob im in, let's do a sitcom about a forum user that hasn't a brain, call it "drop the dead vivadeadponies" maybe? What ya think? :D

what I was saying is some people CAN, but that show had people like Stewart Lee and Simon Munnery at its core. I was just pointing out how you can have the very highest level of talent and still struggle due to a lack of financing.
    Me wrote:
    a piece of **** with money going for it is generally going to be better than a piece of **** with no money.

Does that say "show with money=good, show with no money=bad"?
    Does "better"="good"?

Oh and can I be involved in writing this sitcom? Since I've had offers from publishers to write stuff, since I "know comedy":P, since I've performed comedy(admittedly very little)

EDIT-Mr E; sorry bout that. I censored the letters and whatnot, wasn't aware there was a full ban, sorry.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Remember that show from back in the day Night Stand presented by Dick Dietrick .

Vaguely remember it. I think I liked it but I was stoned for most of the 90's so don't quote me on that.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement