Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CT Lounge: The Grassy Knoll

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

bonkey wrote: »
    Due to a freakish coincidence, 6th wouldn't need to do it (here, at any rate) with posts earlier than August 2005.

Its almost as though it was planned in advance ;)

But can we trust a database maintained by someone called Cult?

How do we know a load of earlier posts were not deleted?

BTW, if you think I'm mad check my Join Date and UserID and then UserID of some other poster in June 2001 or later...
    Click on a users Profile link
    watty Join Date: May 2001 ...oards.ie/vbulletin/member.php?u=7594

Actually Gordon will do Join Date 06-07-2001 ...oards.ie/vbulletin/member.php?u=3841

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 nellymac

Excerpts from a Dog's Diary ?

8:00 am - Dog food! My favourite thing!
    9:30 am - A car ride! My favourite thing!
    9:40 am - A walk in the park! My favourite thing!
    10:30 am - Got rubbed and petted! My favourite thing!
    12:00 pm - Lunch! My favourite thing!
    1:00 pm - Played in the yard! My favourite thing!
    3:00 pm - Wagged my tail! My favourite thing!
    5:00 pm - Milk bones! My favourite thing!
    7:00 pm - Got to play ball! My favourite thing!
    8:00 pm - Wow! Watched TV with the people! My favourite thing!
    11:00 pm - Sleeping on the bed! My favourite thing!

Excerpts from a Cat's Diary ?

Day 983 of my captivity.
    My captors continue to taunt me with bizarre little dangling objects.

They dine lavishly on fresh meat, while the other inmates and I are fed hash or some sort of dry nuggets. Although I make my contempt for the rations perfectly clear, I nevertheless must eat something in order to keep up my strength.

The only thing that keeps me going is my dream of escape. In an attempt to disgust them, I once again vomit on the carpet.

Today I decapitated a mouse and dropped its headless body at their feet. I had hoped this would strike fear into their hearts, since it clearly demonstrates what I am capable of. However, they merely made condescending comments about what a "good little hunter" I am. B*st*rds.

There was some sort of assembly of their accomplices tonight. I was placed in solitary confinement for the duration of the event. However, I could hear the noises and smell the food. I overheard that my confinement was due to the power of "allergies." I must learn what this means and how to use it to my advantage.

Today I was almost successful in an attempt to assassinate one of my tormentors by weaving around his feet as he was walking. I must try this again tomorrow -- but at the top of the stairs.

I am convinced that the other prisoners here are flunkies and snitches. The dog receives special privileges. He is regularly released - and seems to be more than willing to return. He is obviously retarded.

The bird has got to be an informant. I observe him communicating with the guards regularly. I am certain that he reports my every move. My captors have arranged protective custody for him in an elevated cell, so he is safe. For now.........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭ilivetolearn

@captain_furball: Hilarious but edited poorly. Try this frightfully realistic satire:

@all: I'm not looking for a humor forum. I'm looking for humor thread. An identifiable one at that. I don't think the current sticky set-up is intuitive enough. If the topic is CT then CT humor isn't exactly off-topic, now is it?

Why was Mahatma_coats 'The lighter side of CT' merged? (I've asked this before but don't recall the answer)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

It was merged Because we feel that four stickied threads is enough, and that there's no real need for multiple "off-topic" threads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭ilivetolearn

Cheers Mr.B, but what about my point on semantics/intuitiveness? I'm sure if they're was a dedicated thread then we could avoid fresh thread start ups?

Furthermore, what about my point on humor not being off-topic?

I view a humor thread as an outlet for built-up tensions between proponents and opponents.

That's another thing. Can we consider revising the use of 'CT'er' and 'skeptic'. To me they colloqially mean something that different to their original definitions. They're too broad a generalization in which a proponent or opponent of a given theory is assumed to maintain that stance will all theory's.

e.g. I believe in the globalization NWO theories and therefore I'm a proponent and will be regarded as a CT'er. I don't believe in the flat earth theory, lizards, Nostradamuse etc. and will therefore be an opponent and regarded as a skeptic.

My point is that the nomenclature isn't revised on case per case basis rather it sticks as overall generalization.

This is just my opinion. Others might see this completely differently but let me know either way.

• Advertisement

Interesting points...

Whatever about teh use of "skeptic" and "CTer", there is certainly a case to be made for renaming some of the sticky forums - this and "Opinions" particularly. We should probably continue any discussion of this in the "Opinions" thread rather than here, though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

heres a link to to thread thats moved to Lifehackin, http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=62339814#post62339814

its about buildin some of the things that are outlined in the suppression of Technology CT threads, please come and join in :D

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,793 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

semicontrolled_demolition.png

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Was wondering if that would get posted!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭tony 2 tone

http://www.egodialogues.com/words-language/huxley-orwell.php
    A comparision of 1984 and Brave New World. Both fantastic books with distopian themes but differ in the way the masses are controlled. 1984 it's through fear, Brave New World through frivolity and pleasure.
    Words taken from this book, Amusing Ourselves to Death

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭tony 2 tone

322.jpg
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭Kernel

ride_with_hitler.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Lab_Mouse

Just wait till RTDH gets on,he will put you all to shame with his photoshop awesomeness:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭RoboClam

Quiet one tonight, who would have thought that I'd actually be disappointed that there are no CTs to read!

We used to have two OT threads, one for random theories and one for havin a laff, this would be in the sorta [serious thread] section, ish

Idea for a Discusssion thread

The Fall of the Roman empire ultimatley came from a desire to Fix it.

I'm just fleshin it out in the skull, and I thought I'd lob it out there as a sentence I probably read somewhere

• Registered Users Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Torakx

Id be interested in that theory alright but id need a full 2hr documentary to catch me up on the history :)

I have a CT that because of all the terrorists sneaking around airports killing people it will soon be illegal to grow a beard in the interest of national security.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭espinolman

Why would a world war start before a cataclysm ?

- So that emergency preparadness is in place for surviving the cataclysm !

Trillions have been spent on underground bases .

There is a seed bank in svalbard holding all the different seeds in the world .

• Registered Users Posts: 19 jaydeep

Without doubt !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭TalkieWalkie

Torakx wrote: »
    Id be interested in that theory alright but id need a full 2hr documentary to catch me up on the history :)

I have a CT that because of all the terrorists sneaking around airports killing people it will soon be illegal to grow a beard in the interest of national security.

In the states it's gone further than that already.

You are are terrorist if you have brown skin in some/many peoples eyes.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

In the states it's gone further than that already.

You are are terrorist if you have brown skin in some/many peoples eyes.:rolleyes:
    Ah sure it was the same for being Irish in England. Give it 50 years and people may cop on. :D

• Advertisement

Posts with people asking about moderator decisions moved to Feedback thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭mysterious

humanji wrote: »
    Ah sure it was the same for being Irish in England. Give it 50 years and people may cop on. :D

Are you making an excuse?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

It's a tongue in cheek comment that's remarakably true.

Pay attention folks, this may be useful one day
    firstcontactalien.png
    :D:D:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,225 ✭✭✭Yitzhak Rabin

Pay attention folks, this may be useful one day

I've printed it off and will keep it with me at all times

:D:D:D:D
    Jesus+and+Aliens.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

that actually is a great little guide...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

That guide should be posted in "Dont trust Science" thread, it brings up some excellent points.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,225 ✭✭✭Yitzhak Rabin

Saw this and thought it was fairly funny.

7203_34cb_480.jpeg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Torakx

Hilarious! i love it!
    I want that for a poster on my wall seriously.

Advertisement