Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help ...I can't stop running !

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,209 ✭✭✭Sosa

10m @ 7:45 Pace

Very tired after the exertions of yesterdays 14 ....happy just to get through it....i will see how i feel tomorrow...probably do 4,5 or 6.

5m @ 7:25 Pace

Lovely run this morning...fantastic weather...cannot believe its december its so mild.
    I was going to take a break until Sat,but toying with the idea of a casual 6 on Stephens morning as i am going to be indulging myself the rest of today and tomorrow.

Happy Christmas !

7.5m

No watch again as i thought it would be a casual run.
    went with SUNGOD and about 30 others from local running club...
    slow starting off,but it did pick up dramatically.
    I'd say the last 5 miles were at 7:00 Pace.
    Throughly enjoyable.

I am now going to eat and drink whatever is left over from yesterday.

8m @ 7:30 Pace

Have not felt well since stephens day but did not want to leave it 3 days.
    felt surprisingly good all the way round,but went over on my ankle on a dark patch,got home alright,i can fel it now ,just hope it does not turn into anything serious.

6m @ 7:30 Pace

Great run today,felt great all the way.
    I have had a nice few rest days recently and i am putting it down to that.
    I hope to go in the morning with the local running club,i would imagine the pace will be upped there...so i will be trying to stay with the main group.

Got a new Garmin forerunner 50,treated myself.
    Lovely basic model...its not GPS but not really needed.
    i have it set to miles which i prefer,had it tonight but for some reason it did not give me my overall pace at the end.
    I did 6.11m that took me 46:08...
    Nice touch was that my pace was always updating as i ran ...good to see.
    I did a 20 second sprint in the middle that went under 5 min pace.
    There must be a way to get the overall pace at the end ...i will read the book a bit more tomorrow.

• Advertisement

8.66m @ 7:16 Pace

Much more presise nowadays with my new gadget ...
    Yesterday was 6.11m ...i always thought that that route was about 5.9m
    Today was 8.66m ...i mapped it out on mapmyrun to 8.25m ....
    How would that be the case ?
    I wonder do i have to calibrate it for a more accurate reading ...
    must look into that....i have a little pod that clips onto my laces and thats where it gets the distance from...i dont think i have it " fine tuned " properly.

If anyone knows anything about them ...i would appreciate any info.

Or maybe its just not as accurate as a GPS one...although....how would they get away with that ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭Slogger Jogger

Hi Sosa. If its a foot pod jobby similar to the Polar 625x (?) model then yes, you need to calibrate it over a measured distance. Out of the pack it should be reasonably accurate, but the gps models (I've a forerunner 305) will be quite accurate. The mapmyrun type sites will be there or thereabouts but I reckon you'd still + or - a few % in terms of distance for accuracy.

So off you go and do a couple of laps of an athletics track :)

thanks slogger ....i tried to calibrate it yesterday.i did 1km that is measured...watch told me i did 1.07km...i tried to set it properly,when it told me i was in bad range.... bad range ? the thing is not even GPS !
    Anyway,decided to go with it this morning ...but had the blasted thing set for cycling :confused:...so only timed the run...no other info unfortunately

12m @ 7:35 Pace

Great morning again thank god...felt good...and even pushed on the last half mile to around 5m pace.
    Rest day tomorrow ....
    34.2m for the week ...about average for me.

7.78m @ 7:08 Pace

I was mad for a run today...pacy training run for me ...but i enjoyed every minute of it :)
    Fantastic crisp evening ....not that cold,no wind or rain ...ideal !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭woundedknee

Hi Sosa, 1K is too short a distance for calibrating the foot pod. I think the recommendation is for at least 2K with it being more accurate if calibrated over a longer distance.

• Advertisement

Thanks...i hope the knee is better

There is a park in town that is marked every 200m,i will try get down and do 5k there soon,thanks again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭woundedknee

Thanks.. Have clocked up a few miles since it was injured so I'm guessing it's better. Good luck with the foot pod.

9.3m @ 7:11 Pace

Great running weather this morning again,we are getting some spell of it down here.Everywhere was white but with the glaring sun beating down.Great route aswell,little bit on a main road,but the majority was on laneways in the countryside,only came across this route over christmas,i will be going out that way a bit over the next few months i would imagine.

Still not 100% happy with my garmin's accuracy.
    I thought this run was 8.9m ...but it did feel like that pace or maybe i was a bit tired :confused::confused::confused: ...glad i didnt get a more complicated one !
    Is the garmin right or is mapmyrun more accurate ? Who knows ?
    I will have another go at calibrating in the morning.
    I will do 5k around a measured course as slogger and wounded knee recommended,see what happens then.

Going to try something new tomorrow.
    My first double session !
    5k in the morning to calibrate the watch and then 5.2m for the winter league tomorrow night :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭SUNGOD

Sosa wrote: »

My first double session !
    :

it was only a matter of time !

5k ( 3.1m ) this morning

Calibrated the watch ( finally ),i did 5k...watch told me i did 5.2k...so i adjusted accordingly,so i should be dandio now.

So,every 10k i did,i was doing a lap of the track more ( according to the watch...that would really throw out you distance and therefore your pace )

5.2m - 34:21

Winter league night...first time doing it since october....thoroughly enjoyable.
    Went off a bit fast and realised that i was not going to keep that up tonight...was surprised to see the clock when i got back.

was surprised to see the clock when i got back.

why ? the clock is always there:D:D

why ? the clock is always there:D:D

Your getting to big for those size 7 shoes your wearing SUNGOD

4m @ 8:15 Pace

I told myself before i went out this morning that i was to keep to 8 min pace.
    I had no problem doing that as i was knackered after my first double session yesterday ( even though SUNGOD told me last night that he would not consider a 5k and 5.2m as a " real " double session )

We are doing 14 in the morning and he will have no choice but to stay with me as we are going out the country and he will have no idea how to get home if he runs off :D

( even though SUNGOD told me last night that he would not consider a 5k and 5.2m as a " real " double session )

you should know by now not to mind what i say:D

• Advertisement

14m @ 7:54 Pace

Struggled for motivation this morning....felt very tired last night after 3 runs in 24 hours,only i was going with SUNGOD i probably would have only done 10.
    I went to bed early last night,up early this morning had a good breakfast,brought plenty of club energise ( only for SUNGOD to drink half of it ) and a nutri grain ( i have never eaten on a run before ).
    Ended up ok...did not eat the nutri grain.
    I am very tired now,looking forward to doing nothing until Monday.

The garmin is now fully functional and totally accurate..delighted with that

Woddle,
    I will never forgive you for starting that 1000m thread.
    I cannot keep pumping out 42.5m weeks !

11.3m @ 8:04 Pace

Lovely run again this morning,met up with SUNGOD,after he had already done 10,nice steady pace,i have only realised lately that i had probably been doing some of my long runs to fast.
    I was doing 14/15m : 7:30 pace ...a bit much i think...ok...every now and then...but not all the time.

Great start to the week,i will be over 40m again this week i would imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭hunnymonster

Woddle,
    I will never forgive you for starting that 1000m thread.
    I cannot keep pumping out 42.5m weeks !

I would say there are a lot of people saying "feck you Woddle" at about 6:30 each morning!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,983 ✭✭✭TheRoadRunner

I would say there are a lot of people saying "feck you Woddle" at about 6:30 each morning!

I reckon there is too. As I've said on other threads I'm so happy I stayed away from Woddle's 1000 mile chalenge. It would have been the end of me

Jsut realised a while ago that i got in for ballycotton.

I will see what all the fuss is about for myself,as i never did it before.

17.8m @ 7:40 Pace

What a morning for a run,it was like early April,blue skies,not a puff of wind either to contend with.

after yesterdays run i planned on doing 6 this morning,but i made the fatal error of telling SUNGOD yesterday that near the end of our 11m run that i felt great and could have gone on and did 20 ( i have never done 20 )
    So,i get a text last night ..." going long in the morning " ...i ask how long is long ? ... i get back " long ",the rest is history.
    i had only ever done 18 once before about 3 months ago,i wasn't right for a couple of days after it...today was a different story ....felt quite strong on the last 3m,SUNGOD took a turn off so he could do 20.

Most people are giving out about Woddle,I reckon SUNGOD loves him for starting this challenge.

I reckon SUNGOD loves him for starting this challenge.

regardless of the challenge ,i love woddle:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭Woddle

and I you SUNGOD, it was love at first sight for me, really looking forward to Dungarvan now ;)

So happy i am not running today,29m by tuesday is some kind of record for me....but i felt fine last night,i was tired...but nice tired if you get me.

I had planned a double session tomorrow :
    4m am and 5.2m winter league pm
    I will make my mind up later...probably will though.

• Advertisement

6m @ 7:54 Pace

Felt great this morning and planned on doing 10.
    about 2m in i started to tire,so i took a turn off which meant i was only doing 6,i decided not to be a hero..i am looking at over 50m this week,previous highest was 45m,i have only done 40+ weeks on 4 occasions since i started running,and i have no spring marathon planned ( yet ! ) so there is no need to push it to far.

Advertisement