Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help ...I can't stop running !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭SUNGOD

Sosa wrote: »

After a discussion with my coach SUNGOD,.

does that mean i can start charging you ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,209 ✭✭✭Sosa

We are in a recession,SUNGOD ...send me the bill !

rest day today...only coming round now from work night out last night.
    Im not able for it anymore !

Slept in until after 10 this morning ...very unlike me.
    So i missed out on todays run aswell ...i was planning a long one.
    Ah well ...no work next week,so i'll get out a bit then.
    Only 26 miles this week ...my lowest in a few months

Plan for the week :
    Monday 12-15m
    Tues - 6m
    Wed - Rest
    Thurs - 12-15m
    Fri - 6m
    Sat Rest
    ** Sunday - 4m race

** Aiming for sub 26mins there...should be within reach.

15m @ 7:45 pace ...felt great all the way :)
    I usually would be 8mm for 14/15m...i was delighted with my pace.
    I had not done anything over 10 in 3 weeks, so i was due a long one.
    weather deceptive this morning,very dark but no cold and it only started raining with about 3m to go...ideal.

5m @ 7:33 pace
    I was shattered last night after yesterdays 15,the eyes were glued together this morning also,so i talked myself out of running today.
    then i got up...had a bowl of cereal and decided to do 4m ...but when i was out, i furthermore talked myself into 5.
    I like my powers of negotiating :P

• Advertisement

Rest day yesterday ...i needed it.

Today : 10m @ 7:45 pace

Absolutely shattered this morning,obviously i did my 15 on Monday way to quick,although i felt great during and after it,it has caught up with me.
    Started off well this morning,but after about 2 miles the legs started feeling very heavy,i would not expreience that very often,because to be honest i dont usually kill myself on traing runs or races.
    I find a comfortable pace,and try keep it up without ever pushing beyond my boundaries.
    During the summer on consecutive weekends i ran a 5m and 10k race ...set two PB's....but just wanted the earth to gobble me up,i nearly passed out after the 10k race.
    I decided then, that that was not healthy and would not put myself through it anymore.
    Last week i set my new PB of 6:28 pace for 5.2m...and i could have kept going at the finish line.
    Thats the way i want to feel ...am i right or wrong in that ?

4m @ 7:10 pace

I felt good this morning ....but still decided to only do 4 as i have a 4m race on Sunday ....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭christeb

I'd say wrong, as to set a proper PB you really want to empty your tank, IMO. Good week training though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭shels4ever

If thats the way you want to feel then your right, if you want to know whats the absolute fastest you can do for a distance then you may need to be all out at the end. Depends on what you want, but great running .. my PB for 5m is at 6:19 pace ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭cfitz

I find a comfortable pace,and try keep it up without ever pushing beyond my boundaries.
    During the summer on consecutive weekends i ran a 5m and 10k race ...set two PB's....but just wanted the earth to gobble me up,i nearly passed out after the 10k race.
    I decided then, that that was not healthy and would not put myself through it anymore.
    Last week i set my new PB of 6:28 pace for 5.2m...and i could have kept going at the finish line.

I don't see why you'd bother paying entry fees and travelling to races if you're just going to go for a steady run. Generally, I like to finish a race feeling that I gave it my all. Surely that's what racing is about - doing your best to win or get your best possible position?

• Advertisement

have to agree with the above ..if its a race that you have been building towards..that you have planned well in advance and trained really hard for then i would be dissapointed if i finished, running within myself as i crossed the line.
    personally i would be thinking i wonder if i had pushed harder ,even in the last third of the race how fast could i have gone.
    i find that hands on knees gasping for air feeling you get after you bust a gut crossing the finish line quite reassuring as it proves to me i have given it my all.

but to clarify what i think sosa is talking about is the winter league run every thursday for 12 weeks..if so then i would not like to kill myself once a week.
    maybe target 2 or 3 runs during the league for an all out attack.

but in general no point been the freshest man crossing the finish line

I dont want to give the impression that i cross the line totally comfortable...i dont...i just did not like to be on deaths door after those races during the summer.
    I think i went to fast for my capabilites back then
    I do push hard...just not to breaking point

What Sungod said also is true ...legging it around the 5.2 route ever week takes it out of you.
    I set my PB 2 weeks ago because i knew that i would not be doing the league again until after christmas...and i did push hard that night

4m race on Sunday...got the route today,almost totally flat which will lead to fast times...i will give it a lash and see what happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭hunnymonster

You also become more used to giving something your all. What was once
    "oh, my god I'm about to die"
    becomes
    "wow that was a great, hard race"
    when you have a bit more experience.

i am starting to think that way now alright.
    After i set my best time over 5.2 two weeks ago ...i was going great coming in on the track...i think if i did another mile at that pace ( which i probably could have on the night )i would not be to far away from 40 mins for 10k ( which is a goal for me ).

New PB today @ 4m race - 24:03...just over 6 min miles.
    Earlier in the week i was planning on going for between 25 and 25:30...then i posted that i dont usually kill myself at races...and with the onslaught in replies i got back,i decided to really go for it today.
    Miles were very consistent also - 5:53,6:07,6:02,6:01.
    Some people might beat themselves up over the 3 seconds...not me...
    I am over the moon to get anywhere near 24 mins for 4m.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭showry

some running Sosa, well done

great running sosa, just over the 6 minute miles which is unreal improvement.
    your getting faster race by race so enjoy your improvement and there is no reason to suspect its going to stop any time soon.

well done again it just shows you get out what you put in
    any thoughts on connemara? did you enter?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭Slogger Jogger

Terrific running!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,492 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Well done that man/woman/other!

Thanks Guys

I have to say conditions were ideal,flat route,fresh morning,little wind and loads of determination.

My mind has been racing ( pardon the pun ) wondering what other times i can achieve at different distances...i will have to calm down in that respect.

Connemara is still a possibility SUNGOD ...will have to talk to the wife about that one...i can smell the shepards pie cooking away in the kitchen as i type ...smells great ...i will then polish that off with the biggest piece of apple crumble that you ever saw ...you have to treat yourself ...dont you ?

• Advertisement

everything and anything is possble you have no idea how fast or far you can go till you try.
    if your first year of running is anything to go by there is no reason why you cant break all of the big 8 that racing flat posted in the main forum including 3 hour for a marathon.

just have faith never underestimate what you can acheive and remember the beauty of this sport is you WILL get back what you put in.

actually im like a dog...i knew i should have never asked you to go for a run 12 months ago , i should have known you do your best to eventually beat me:D

I suppose its nice to know that i am a sourse of motivation for you.
    Little did i think it ...you cant take many more weeks off ...

I dont think its me wating to beat you ....i think its more you, not wanting me to beat you thats the issue here...

Sure,if we keep each other going...thats great...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭Abhainn

Great time Sosa. Give yourself a big clap on the back.

I dont think its me wating to beat you ....i think its more you, not wanting me to beat you thats the issue here...

damn you and your mind games:D

6m @ 7:45 Pace

Nice leisurely run earlier ....i was going to have a rest day,but after yesterday,i could not wait to get out there again
    I will take a break tomorrow though . . .10 on Wednesday

10m @ 7:20 Pace

Lovely morning again for running,set out for under 7:30 pace...so was happy with the workout.

I am spreading out my runs this week,Mon,Wed,Fri,Sun.
    I like to do that about once a month ...gives the legs great recovery time.

6m @ 7:25 Pace

So much for resting the legs !
    Decided to go because i dont know how much enthusiasm i will have for Sundays long run,due to work night out Friday :eek:
    I wanted to get a few miles in.

5m @ 7:10 Pace

Different route this morning ....some tough hills...but a nice few downhill sections also.

6m @ 7:50 Pace.

The legs were like jelly this morning after Fridays night out.
    Was planning on 10 ...then i thought i would not get through 5 ....got the 6 done though,so i am happy.

33m this week ...around the same next week ...thats enough this time of year.

• Advertisement

14m

No watch this morning,I forgot to bring it,very unlike me,but i would say around 7:50 / 8:00 Pace.

Perfect morning for a run,no cold,little wind.
    Plenty of hills on this route,but you have to go down all the hills you go up,so it usually balances itself out.

I plan to do 10 tomorrow,5/6 on Christmas Eve.
    Nothing Christmas Day and Stephens Day.
    between 6-10 on Sat 27th.

Advertisement