Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What scares you...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

Butter. Can't touch it, let alone eat it. Can't look at it or be near it, much to my friends amusement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭KateF

Sometimes have visions of falling and smashing front teeth! Scares the hell outa me, never really happens anymore but a few years ago I'd think about it and it'd freak me out no end
    Oh and EYES! I can't have anything go near my eyes...ahhhh
    Oh I have a friends who is genuinely terrified of glitter. Now thats more than a bit strange...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Scared of;

Large groups of women - any age
    snakes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Live fish (I'm completely serious)
    Being buried alive (the most terrifying thing I can imagine)
    Porcelin dolls (needs no explanation)
    Anything bad ever happening to my sister

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

the dark, walking outside in the dark alone. wont do it

anyone standing right behind me , send shivvers down my spine i hate it!!

seeing anyone rubing there eyes or touching them, makes me wanna puke, it used me scared that when i did this when i was younger my eye would fall out, all because at 9-10 i thought id be cool and watch crimestop , and that happend someone in it... it really scares me :(:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

terrified of something happening any of my mates when im not there and there's nothing i can do cos im too far away.

scared of sleeping, when im in having a bad day/quite down. i have no idea why, but i do everything to keep myself awake. after a while, it becomes habit, and my body/mind learn to deal.

terrified of slipping into my old habits and becoming hte mess i used to be.

terrified of... not death, not even quite other people dying... but the grief... the miserableness... emotions im incapable of handling, and i am genuinely scared of having to face them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭pipeliner

Rozabeez wrote: »
    Jurassic Park, having my neck touched and cows.
    I hate anything to do with adams apples as well. That and tomato soup

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

What do you find so scary about cows, Roz?

SDooM wrote: »
    What do you find so scary about cows, Roz?

Omg that another one i forgot about , Roz im with you on this one, cows are evil and scary

All the cows I have met have been lovely animals, I must admit.

But then if everyone feared the same things for no reason this thread would be pretty boring :D

• Advertisement

But then if everyone feared the same things for no reason this thread would be pretty boring :D

>.< oh god no, living in the country walking home can be and experience, emo was walking home from her mates house one day , and i heard something running up behind me , turned around and it was a friggen cow, getting closer and closer! so i was like wtf am i going to do!! so i jumpes over a gate into the school! and the cow start knocking at the gate and finally he managed to jump over it , and started running at me again! >.< i was so scared at thins point!
    eventually the farmer came and tamed the beast , and i thought it was okay to walk back home , two minutes later the same stupid cow was running after me agaiN!!

that and sometime when im looking out my back window cow just run through over hedeges into over garden, (we live next to a farm) .... i fear this is how im going to be killed

oh and em car crash ads scare me , i have to leave the room when they come on the tv :(

emo!! wrote: »
    oh and em car crash ads scare me , i have to leave the room when they come on the tv :(

I actually love them. It's like they are saying, "you're a **** if you drive like this".

• Registered Users Posts: 8,011 ✭✭✭cHaTbOx

>.< oh god no, living in the country walking home can be and experience, emo was walking home from her mates house one day , and i heard something running up behind me , turned around and it was a friggen cow, getting closer and closer! so i was like wtf am i going to do!! so i jumpes over a gate into the school! and the cow start knocking at the gate and finally he managed to jump over it , and started running at me again! >.< i was so scared at thins point!
    eventually the farmer came and tamed the beast , and i thought it was okay to walk back home , two minutes later the same stupid cow was running after me again!!

that and sometime when im looking out my back window cow just run through over hedeges into over garden, (we live next to a farm) .... i fear this is how im going to be killed
    some cows are weird ,so intimidating hey are weird.

Bulls are truly worse. me and my brother and cousin were up in a field that was on top of the hill we lived on when a bull started chasing us that wasn't there before .Our hill is like that steep\. Running down that was mental though:D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

As someone who has had to punch cows,i can say,many of them are jerks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭paperclip2

Did anyone else have that thing as a kid where you got 'lost' in your jumper when you went to take it off. :( That used to scare me. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Cows are such docile animals, i heart them, quite affectionate buggers too.

I hate being bitten, hence fear of snakes (i know, i know it's my own fault if it bites me)

Not so much a fear but irks me, swimming in the sea. Hate it cos i don't know the exact depth even though im a savage swimmer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Kersmash wrote: »
    Butter. Can't touch it, let alone eat it. Can't look at it or be near it, much to my friends amusement.

I'm like that with loads of food things I hate - tomato ketchup, mayonaise, coleslaw, beans.....ugh I feel sick just thinking about them. :(

Wasps absolutely terrify me. I also can't stand it when people are filing their nails. Nails files are horrible things that should never have been invented. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

Mayonaise and vinegar - they're evil. :P
    Snakes
    Eh, going out with someone who lives far away and has health problems and just really really bad luck when it comes to accidents left me really terrified of things happening to the people I care about when I'm not around. My worst nightmare was the idea of something happening to someone, and me not being able to do anything.
    Illness - not of me, but other people, my aunt/godmother survived cancer and has it again, and again, with my ex who was sick, and some other family/friends with health problems - I hate the idea of not being able to do anyhting.
    Arguments between friends - fairly simple really, I just hate when my friends argue/fall out. Pain in the arse and really annoying/stressful.

Oh and heights. I don't mind being high up if I'm behind a high wall or a window or something, but can't stand heights with nothing to protect me. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

cows are evil and scary
    Cows are so lovely! they're big and cuddly, when they're calves they like to eat shoe laces! They have pretty eyes and amazing long eyelashes. They're so gentle and interested! Beautiful animals.
    Nerin wrote: »
    As someone who has had to punch cows,i can say,many of them are jerks
    :eek: I'm disgusted with you for punching cows. DISGUSTED. :mad:

I'm afraid of the gigantic spiders I found in my house over the last two months (thank god it's gotten colder lately) seriously, we caught two that were bigger than the top of a pint glass!

I'm constantly worried if I ring someone and they don't answer that maybe I rang when they were driving and I've caused them to have an accident. :o

I'm worried that one day, when I'm too old to have kids, I'll regret my decision not to have them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭SmileyPaul

well when I was younger I pretty much hung myself (by accident) in a playground and I think thats why I'm not really afraid of huge things (bungee jupming, skydiving and the likes of that)

BUT
    I do have a fear..... dont laugh at me :(, I have a fear of mirrors..... only when Its late at night and Im alone and most of all in public toilets.... with the lights kinda flickering..... scares the sheite out of me....

SmileyPaul wrote: »
    well when I was younger I pretty much hung myself (by accident) in a playground and I think thats why I'm not really afraid of huge things (bungee jupming, skydiving and the likes of that)

BUT
    I do have a fear..... dont laugh at me :(, I have a fear of mirrors..... only when Its late at night and Im alone and most of all in public toilets.... with the lights kinda flickering..... scares the sheite out of me....
    Oh yes! Big time fear of mirrors. But then again, I'm not much to look at so...........;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

SmileyPaul wrote: »

I won't laugh, I dislike mirrors at night time too, or in bedrooms near the bed, cuz I don't have my glasses on if I get up in the middle of hte night to go to the bathroom, I tend to scare myself if I see shadows in the mirror.
    I have a fear of falling, not like heights as such, if I'm safe I'm fine. But on the edge of something, or on the stairs, I get scared if someone messes.

Cows are so lovely! they're big and cuddly, when they're calves they like to eat shoe laces! They have pretty eyes and amazing long eyelashes. They're so gentle and interested! Beautiful animals.

:eek: I'm disgusted with you for punching cows. DISGUSTED. :mad:

I'm afraid of the gigantic spiders I found in my house over the last two months (thank god it's gotten colder lately) seriously, we caught two that were bigger than the top of a pint glass!

I'm constantly worried if I ring someone and they don't answer that maybe I rang when they were driving and I've caused them to have an accident. :o

I'm worried that one day, when I'm too old to have kids, I'll regret my decision not to have them.

In my defence,they started it. And there was about 15 of them. And i only had to punch two.

In my defence,they started it. And there was about 15 of them. And i only had to punch two.
    I don't believe you - cows would never do that :eek:

I don't believe you - cows would never do that :eek:

You weren't there! :(

;)

If only 2 out of every 15 people I met didn't deserve to be punched the world would be a much nicer place!

If only 2 out of every 15 people I met didn't deserve to be punched the world would be a much nicer place!

Same thing happened last week,only with a dog,and i didn't have to punch him,i just got down on all fours and talked it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭SmileyPaul

Same thing happened last week,only with a dog,and i didn't have to punch him,i just got down on all fours and talked it out.

you did the right thing nerin.... that could have easily gotten nasty :S

:P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭trowelled

Frickin ET. The little bugger freaks me out. Gives me a serious case of the creeps. Anytime the movie was on I would turn away when he was on the screen cos he'd just send shivers down my spine. When I was younger there was a stuffed toy of him in the house and it always ended up in my room. Even that creeped me out and I would throw it out the door. For years I didn't realise it was his heart lighting up, thought it was just his stomach, could never look at him long enough to realise!! ET phone home, oh no ET go home i say and you can flaming well stay there !!

Advertisement