Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What scares you...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RubyXI

trowelled wrote: »
    Frickin ET. The little bugger freaks me out. Gives me a serious case of the creeps. Anytime the movie was on I would turn away when he was on the screen cos he'd just send shivers down my spine. When I was younger there was a stuffed toy of him in the house and it always ended up in my room. Even that creeped me out and I would throw it out the door. For years I didn't realise it was his heart lighting up, thought it was just his stomach, could never look at him long enough to realise!! ET phone home, oh no ET go home i say and you can flaming well stay there !!
    :eek::eek::eek: ET is cute!!!!:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭trowelled

phi3 wrote: »
    :eek::eek::eek: ET is cute!!!!:eek:

No he's not. He's a wrinkly little thing with exceptionally short legs. Just thinking about him now is making me shiver

No he's not. He's a wrinkly little thing with exceptionally short legs. Just thinking about him now is making me shiver

But he walked into a fridge by mistake. awwwwwww :D

But he walked into a fridge by mistake. awwwwwww :D

Yeah just a shame it didn't knock him out

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

Yeah just a shame it didn't knock him out

:eek: So much cruellty to such a little dude:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 MondaysSuck

the dark a lot

:eek: So much cruellty to such a little dude:eek:

When he was in that body bag he was at his creepiest. If only they'd buried him there and then. One saving grace was he did fly home and no ET 2 was made!! Though there were thos ads a few years ago. Again I had to turn my head away from the TV screen

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

oi! watch the spoilers! ETs on my list of 'things i must see before i die'.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭fonpokno

Walking into a dark room and finding someone just standing there staring.
    Or putting on the light and feeling a hand already on the switch.
    Or looking out the window and someone outside just staring blankly in.
    Or sometimes just looking behind me or opening my eyes when i'm alone and seeing someone there.

I'm scared of all those things! Always happens when I'm in the house on my own...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

ok, all those things would freak me, but not the kinda of things id think of as being realistic things that scare me. like walking out on the road, and suddnely realising there's a car coming, and having to run/hop back on the path... your heart's going 90 to the dozen, yes, you were technically scared... but i wouldnt list it as something that im scared of , per se.

if that makes any sense...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Futurecrook

Oh, i forgot people in masks. Oh my god. Have ye seen the film the Strangers??? I cudnt sleep after it.

That film was horrible. I was terrified the whole time. I could barely look at the screen . The one thing that makes me feel better is that the person I saw it with was equally terrified. Even if he did make fun of me for being a wuss. :P

But yea, I cant be alone in my house anymore without remembering that scene where he's standing behind her for about five minutes and she doesnt notice... :eek:
    ok seriously now what scares me is anytime I say goodbye to my family it will be the last time I see them

I have that fear too. I also have an irrational fear that something bad will happen to me, get knocked down, car crash or something like that, and that the people who find me wont know who to contact...

Im terrified of anything happening to the people I love.

Im scared of porcelain dolls.

And clowns. Especially toy clowns of any sort. *shudder*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

mimes also scared of mimes, weird feckers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭SeekUp

The possibility of being raped.
    Or looking out the window and someone outside just staring blankly in.

I always turn off the lights and peek out of the windows at night to make sure no one is there.

Funny enough, I love being scared when other people are around. But when it's just me, I flip out at things that I'd otherwise ignore. Looks like I definitely won't be watching "The Strangers" alone!

:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

walking on them grates on the ground, scares the crap out of me to, always think im going to fall in

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

emo!! wrote: »
    walking on them grates on the ground
    *cries*

But yea, I cant be alone in my house anymore without remembering that scene where he's standing behind her for about five minutes and she doesnt notice... :eek:
    After coming home from watching it, i was at home alone and was talking to my friend on msn coz i couldn't sleep. I was just getting over it and he sent me a pic of the dude in the mask. Evil i tell you. EVIL :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭Kya1976

Omg that another one i forgot about , Roz im with you on this one, cows are evil and scary
    I was chased by cows once, it was pretty scary:(

Clowns are scary too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭SmileyPaul

walking on them grates on the ground, scares the crap out of me to, always think im going to fall in

I thought I was the only one!!! :P
    yeah its horrible! specially the kinda loose ones :S

I hate clowns.... *shivers*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭lolly22

SmileyPaul wrote: »

I hate clowns.... *shivers*

Clowns and puppets :( creepy

Also anything bad to happening to anyone i care about.

• Advertisement

Yeah hate thethings. Never walk on manholes either, always have the fear that they could collapse under me. I actually have a mini panic attack if I'm forced to walk on one

Kya1976 wrote: »
    I was chased by cows once, it was pretty scary:(

Clowns are scary too

Yep was chased by a bull once and ended up hanging out of a tree branch to escape him. Then another time me and my cousins were trapped by a herd of cattle. Since those two incidents I've feel very nervous and petrified if near cattle

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

forgot to add...

i absolutely freak out when there are raisins near my skin. it's an odd one but it just gives me goosebumps and makes me shiver.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭SmileyPaul

my friend is physchologically allergic to cotton wool and has not phobia of the stuff too
    (sucks to be her when she dies and finds herself in heaven surrounded by the stuff :P)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

My ex was actually allergic to the stuff. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,245 ✭✭✭psycho-hope

those weird flying daddy long legs things:eek: and the dark

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

I am afraid of moths, their random flying patterns...

Being buried alive, aids, cancer, heights... I have lots of fears but some are not so obvious right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 donasus

heights and water (rivers , canals)
    not the stuff i wash myself with, lol
    i have panic attacks if im near them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

Birds :( the flying type like, not da ladeez :pac:

Rats, mice, spiders, anything else that people fear is grand, but I'm reduced to a quivering wreck by santy's robin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,040 ✭✭✭BKtje

my friend is physchologically allergic to cotton wool and has not phobia of the stuff too
    Not so much afraid of it but if i touch it i just feel wrong so tend to avoid it as much as possible.

I used to be afraid of talking to people on the phone unless i knew them really really well. Luckily i don't use a phone anymore.

Advertisement