Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What scares you...

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,226 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Skinny dipping late at night in the dark bay where we live and being bumped by a large fish.:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

Skinny dipping late at night in the dark bay where we live and being bumped by a large fish.:eek:

*takes off snorkles*
    Yes.... Fish....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,040 ✭✭✭BKtje

Just realised what else scares me (and a lot of people gonna go ewwww to this), flossing. ugh

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,226 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Nerin wrote: »
    *takes off snorkles*
    Yes.... Fish....
    Ha!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

I'm terrifed of complete silence. too eery for my liking

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

I'm terrifed of complete silence. too eery for my liking

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

oh come on. surely theres other people who think that walking around somewhere in complete silence doesnt scare you even a little!!

Not really. I quite like the quiet!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

I was looking through threads in this forum, and was sad that I had almost nothing to contribute to any of them, then I saw this thread! I'm scared of a lot of things, including:

things that might be in the dark- this is quite different to being scared of the dark, the dark is fine, can't sleep without it! It's things that might suddenly manifest themselves when the light is switched off that I'm scared of.

That the bed lamp hangoing over my bead will some night fall on me (and that thing is heavy)- This fear has somewhat gone, mainly because I persuaded my dad to take it down for me and I was sleeping in fear every night. Ironically I got a new lamp which wasn't attatched to the wall to replace the old one which was, and managed to make it fall on me as I slept. Not on my head though.

Depths- Not heights, I can easily look at a tall building and feel nothing, but looking down makes me feel very shakey and queasy.

The Devil- Despite not believing in him, popular culture has made me fear him :(

That someday I'll have no friends and no-one who loves me- :(

Yup, some fraidy cat I am!

Piste wrote: »
    I was looking through threads in this forum, and was sad that I had almost nothing to contribute to any of them, then I saw this thread! I'm scared of a lot of things, including:

things that might be in the dark- this is quite different to being scared of the dark, the dark is fine, can't sleep without it! It's things that might suddenly manifest themselves when the light is switched off that I'm scared of.

That the bed lamp hangoing over my bead will some night fall on me (and that thing is heavy)- This fear has somewhat gone, mainly because I persuaded my dad to take it down for me and I was sleeping in fear every night. Ironically I got a new lamp which wasn't attatched to the wall to replace the old one which was, and managed to make it fall on me as I slept. Not on my head though.

Depths- Not heights, I can easily look at a tall building and feel nothing, but looking down makes me feel very shakey and queasy.

The Devil- Despite not believing in him, popular culture has made me fear him :(

That someday I'll have no friends and no-one who loves me- :(

Yup, some fraidy cat I am!

I think you need a hug. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Havermeyer

Prohibition. :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,649 ✭✭✭✭CDfm

The TV Program " A Haunting" - I know its not true but ...............:eek:

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 21,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭entropi

phi3 wrote: »
    Oh, i forgot people in masks. Oh my god. Have ye seen the film the Strangers??? I cudnt sleep after it.
    Sorry to be saying this, but i laughed in the cinema watching that movie haha:D:D Back on topic though, i have a major dislike of being around insects of any type, but what really freaks me out...i cant look at a man in a dress *shudders*seriously look i'm a pretty laid back and open fella, but its too freaky looking for me!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

I do esp when it comes to anyone harming my kids.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Sorry to be saying this, but i laughed in the cinema watching that movie haha:D:D Back on topic though, i have a major dislike of being around insects of any type, but what really freaks me out...i cant look at a man in a dress *shudders*seriously look i'm a pretty laid back and open fella, but its too freaky looking for me!!

I don't mind it, but I've got a name with my brothers and mates for being absolutely horrendous for failing to realise a man in drag. They joke that they can't afford to leave me on my own for fear of me getting a rude awakening.:pac: They are probably right though.:o

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

I forgot to mention I cannot watch horror films at all. Even if they're so bad they're funny. If I know it's a horror film I'll be automatically scared. I saw a few scenes from IT a few years ago and was so terrified I couldn';t wath any more, likewise Red Dragon. I managed to sit thruogh Shrooms and The Ring in the cinema, but not without almost crying out of being so scared.

A few years ago I brought my 11 year old sister to see Final Destination 3 in the cinema, after the tanning bed scene (you know the one -_-) I was so terrified I ran out of the cinema (telling the wee sis I was popping to the bathroom) and went into another screen to watch memory of a Geisha instead, leaving my sister to watch that film by herself.

Yup I'm pretty useless when I'm scared!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Acacia

Open spaces. Like, the Australian outback or somewhere like that. I hate the thought of being stranded in the middle of nowhere.

I hate the thought of somebody standing over my bed, watching me sleep. Pretty unlikely , I know, but still freaky.

I also have to sleep with my back to the wall, as I hate having my back 'unprotected'. If there's no wall, I'll just put a pillow behind me...(or a teddy bear- but don't tell anyone! :p:pac:)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,801 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

Heights, and open bodies of water.

I lived in Saudi

Women in full muslim gear like black ninja turtles are really freaky when you see them in full hijab abaya etc is really threatening and it brings home the differences between the cultures.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RubyXI

Dead bodies. Terrified of walking into a room n finding one. Especially afraid of walking into bathrooms and finding some-one hanging there. Thought crosses my mind almost every time i enter a bathroom. And most other rooms.

• Advertisement

Dead bodies. Terrified of walking into a room n finding one. Especially afraid of walking into bathrooms and finding some-one hanging there. Thought crosses my mind almost every time i enter a bathroom. And most other rooms.

ever think of moving house I think you have a poltergeist

does your bed ever levitate ?:eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RubyXI

CDfm wrote: »
    ever think of moving house I think you have a poltergeist

does your bed ever levitate ?:eek::eek::eek:

Nah i do it in every house. It's all in my head.

Nah i do it in every house. It's all in my head.
    well if you havent found one so far try thinking of something exciting like the Rose of Tralee:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,386 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

im terrified of being old and alone.
    like compleatly no family and friend and no cats.
    :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭LD 50

Dying a slow and painfully painkiller-free death at the hands of another.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,074 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Spiders, there's some pretty big ones out there and then there's jumping ones. Why the hell should a spider jump???

• Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

LD 50 wrote: »
    Dying a slow and painfully painkiller-free death at the hands of another.

Oh hai :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Teutorix

the definition of creepy :
    Nerin wrote: »
    Oh hai :)

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Going blind.

• Advertisement

I just discovered the word bird is creepy:eek:

Advertisement