Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What scares you...

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭shanegj

walking into a dark room when i know somebody is there waiting to scare me (comes from growing up in a family where everybody tries to scare the hell out of ya)

also a slight fear of rollercoasters

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

waking up in the middle of the night from a dream/nightmare, and being so confused about your surroundings, you think you're gone blind, when, as a matter of fact... its just dark. happened to me before :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭JaneyMc

Sharp objects. Knives/swords/axes (my best friend has a collection of these, I find it very hard to sit in his room). Railings. I'm very nervous when walking by railings, I'll walk on the road rather than the street. I have always had this weird feeling I'll die by impalement.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Ready a book on Scientology. THATS scary stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

The inside of my head sometimes scares me.
    Being unsure of the future.
    That I've lost someone important.

Also red eyes creep me out.

• Advertisement

star-pants wrote: »
    The inside of my head sometimes scares me.
    Being unsure of the future.
    That I've lost someone important.

Yeah, in the wee small nocturnal hours there's nothing worse than a burst of the fear.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Oh hai

200555089a2501722956b898661836l.jpg

Galvasean wrote: »
    Oh hai

200555089a2501722956b898661836l.jpg

... did she not mean red bloodshot?

Still bad galva, scaring people!

Ha, add to that fear of being unable to stop crying!

Awh galviscon you made me smile *waves*

I meant red eyes, not bloodshot eyes but creepy red eyes. Bit like Terminator but i'm kinda used to him so he's not as scary.

Ha, add to that fear of being unable to stop crying!

Awh galviscon you made me smile *waves*

I meant red eyes, not bloodshot eyes but creepy red eyes. Bit like Terminator but i'm kinda used to him so he's not as scary.

LOL. With one fell swoop, star pants renders the Terminator redundant.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10 atomicblonde

Spiders

SDooM wrote: »
    He'll be back

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

being touched on the neck unexpectantly, so much so i broke a friends nose with a elbow after him creeping up from behind.

no no .. .he'd still freak me the hell out... I just mean I don't get that skin crawling feeling as badly

Galvasean wrote: »
    He'll be back

Very good. :)
    Spiders

I can remember my grand aunt telling me not to be scared of them because they saved baby jesus... :)
    no no .. .he'd still freak me the hell out... I just mean I don't get that skin crawling feeling as badly

What about super heroes with white eyes? Like Storm?

I can remember my grand aunt telling me not to be scared of them because they saved baby jesus... :)
    My sister used to tell me they'd come and sleep in my ears and nose and eyesockets when I was sleeping, so for godknows how long I used to go asleep with my fingers in my ears &holding my nose closed. I still have to drape my hair across my ears when I sleep.
    SDooM wrote:
    Hmm she does freak me out a little, the white eye thing, but no, I have issues with the red eyes. I had a horrible horrible nightmare once.

My sister used to tell me they'd come and sleep in my ears and nose and eyesockets when I was sleeping, so for godknows how long I used to go asleep with my fingers in my ears &holding my nose closed. I still have to drape my hair across my ears when I sleep.

Hmm she does freak me out a little, the white eye thing, but no, I have issues with the red eyes. I had a horrible horrible nightmare once.

Your sister is both cruel and unusual!

*thinks I did a motivational with glowing red eyes*

Or Sagat who has a patch over one eye and is missing the pupil in the other?

sagat-in-street-fighter-4.jpg

He must suck at seeing things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

My biggest phobia is wasps - normal enough I guess.

However, I have some other, more unusual ones:

Nail files
    Tomato ketchup
    Any ads with laughing babies or talking babies
    Wooden puppet things (like Thunderbirds, Team America etc.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Miss_lady

Rats.

Mice.

Pigeons.

nuff said.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

Crabs :o They're so much like spiders, but crunchier.

And eyes when they're poked and prodded at, especially in horror films o.o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,649 ✭✭✭✭CDfm

Rats.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

Zwillinge wrote: »
    Crabs :o They're so much like spiders, but crunchier.

And eyes when they're poked and prodded at, especially in horror films o.o

They taste good though.

And no Randy, not those ones, I'm talking about the crustaceans.

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭giddybootz

Helicopters....being in them, near them, hearing them, seeing them. They are evil and unnatural!

Not too keen on the dark either....i can sleep with all the lights out (a great achievement after years of having to have a nightlight!) but won't walk into a dark room or walk past without reaching in and turning on the light as i pass.

And also rollarcoasters and othere such rides!!

giddybootz wrote: »
    Helicopters....being in them, near them, hearing them, seeing them. They are evil and unnatural!

Not too keen on the dark either....i can sleep with all the lights out (a great achievement after years of having to have a nightlight!) but won't walk into a dark room or walk past without reaching in and turning on the light as i pass.

Helicopters is a new one. Perhaps you had a bad experience with a transformer as a child?

I understand about the night time thing... as a child I saw shadow people everywhere, especially when the lights went out... these days I love the dark though. Fun things happen in the dark :)

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭giddybootz

Helicopters is a new one. Perhaps you had a bad experience with a transformer as a child?

Bad experience...yes!
    With transformers...nope!

I hope i never get stuck up a mountain or lost at sea coz there ain't NO WAY i'm getting on a hellicopter!!

Lol :D
    I understand about the night time thing... as a child I saw shadow people everywhere, especially when the lights went out...
    omg i'm similar - I are scareded of the dark.

If I've not already said - I'm scared of ants

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

giddybootz wrote: »

ROFLCOPTER

omg i'm similar - I are scareded of the dark.

fear.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

Kya1976 wrote: »
    badgers and heights. Always been terrified of badgers I'm convinced that they are actually out there to get me

I get paranoid about leaving my wardrobe doors open when I'm in bed. I keep looking over at them if they are left open. When they are closed it is fine.
    This possibly comes from my sister, I will ashamedly admit is younger, who, when we were kiddies, hid in the wardrobe as I was sleeping and when I awoke she kept opening the door ever so slightly and closing it, then responding to me calling out "hello?" by repeating this to signal she heard. I ran out of the room into my mommy. Scared the poop out of me. I wasn't even that young :(

Advertisement