Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What scares you...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Birdie086

BrightEyes wrote: »

I get paranoid about leaving my wardrobe doors open when I'm in bed. I keep looking over at them if they are left open. When they are closed it is fine.

+ 1 - but mine stems from the babysitter letting my watch Childsplay. Had to get rid of all my dolls after that.

ALso scared of the man under the bed - even though my bed has base!!! He'd have to be one skinny to fit in under there. At night when I go the bathroom I still take a running jump into the bad on the way back.

Oh yeah and EVERYTHING after a few days on the cider!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭giddybootz

Birdie086 wrote: »
    At night when I go the bathroom I still take a running jump into the bad on the way back.

Ha ha i used to always do that....kinda just forgot about it!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

My biggest phobia is wasps - normal enough I guess.

However, I have some other, more unusual ones:

Nail files
    Tomato ketchup
    Any ads with laughing babies or talking babies
    Wooden puppet things (like Thunderbirds, Team America etc.)

Oh another one I forgot to mention earlier: bikes.
    Haven't ridden a bike for years because if I do I know I'll fall off and die. :(

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Haven't ridden a bike for years because if I do I know I'll fall off and die. :(

You know, this is one I actually share.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

SDooM wrote: »
    You know, this is one I actually share.

You know, that's like me and swimming. I just about learned how to swim on my last family holiday, and that was the last time I was actually in a pool. I know if I'm ever in a perilous position where I have to swim, I'm gonna sink.:(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,485 ✭✭✭✭Ickle Magoo

Spiders...especially those ones that are big enough to warrant keeping an eye on, they are there one minute & then suddenly - WHOOM! - they vanish. Are they in my shoes, under my seat, crawling up my leg as I think about it. Yeuch! *shivers*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 406 ✭✭Disease Ridden

NOTHING. Well the truth maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭Randy Shafter

Evil looking porcelain dolls. The kind that were in 'Tommy Knockers' or that X files episode were the doll keeps saying: "I want to play". Or something along those lines. Those things scare me for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

ever read that hannibal lecter book... red dragon, i think? i can remember very little of the book at this stage, (i remember loving it), but those dolls, that image stuck with me.

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭Randy Shafter

ever read that hannibal lecter book... red dragon, i think? i can remember very little of the book at this stage, (i remember loving it), but those dolls, that image stuck with me.

Those dolls are in Red Dragon? I've never read the book but what was their significance to the story? Or did they have any significance?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭pandemonium

When i was about 6 my best friend had a puppet show for her birthday and one of the characters was a wee ghost, and its freaked the sh1te out of me, I've no idea why as it was basically a 7 inch tall fancy sock puppet,anyways after that day i would convince myself i'd seen the puppet everywhere particularly at night,and i refused to go up or down the stairs alone for almost a year.

Another is caves, or being underground. I dont know why

Funny.. I've always loved caves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭pandemonium

Dunno why they freak me out just hate the thought of being in them

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    You know, that's like me and swimming. I just about learned how to swim on my last family holiday, and that was the last time I was actually in a pool. I know if I'm ever in a perilous position where I have to swim, I'm gonna sink.:(

:pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

i just feel really close to nature in caves for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

i just feel really close to nature in caves for some reason.

:eek: I read that calves :pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

Open wardrobes at night, no way can I sleep if they're not fully closed. Ped egg adverts, people pulling hair out of their head/eyebrows/wherever, darkness, Swords Malahide roundabout, cats (and me a Veterinary Nurse!), heights, the sea (well whatever is in the sea)-and I live right next to it, dust bunnies, driving behind lorries/vans, fences (whether they're electric or not, they COULD be electric!), attics, teenagers/children over the age of 3, public speaking, ghosts, old abandoned houses....

There's probably more, I'm a bit of a scaredy Claredy Bear :(

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭jojo2

biggest one is fire....that scene from bambi scared me!

weirder than that would be pineapples, rabbits and feet...irrational but true.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 924 ✭✭✭Elliemental

Dolls. All dolls are eeevilll.
    I walk past this house on my way to and from work, and it's got these two big porceliene dolls standing in the living room window, looking outwards at the street.
    I can feel their glassy gaze, watching me as I pass.
    And the frilly, victorian clothes they wear, eurgh!

*Shudders*:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Jotto999

There is quite honestly only one thing that scares me.

I used to not like spiders, the dark, and huge cliffs. As I got older I actually grew to like the things I used to be afraid of, now I love the darkness of night and spiders and cliffs. I love heights, they give me a thrill.

But there is one.....that I can't learn to like, or even simply not be afraid of. It haunts me and I truly am terrified of it.

Organized religion.

It's just...when I see a whole group of people sitting in a church/mosque/anything, and some guy is standing in front of them all waving his arms, reading lines out from a heavily mistranslated, misinterpreted, medieval tool to control the masses, and all the people chant in unison as the crowd is brainwashed and indoctrinated, slowly sucking out any hope of them forming logical, scientific, realistic beliefs and thoughts..I can't take it. A virus of the mind, spreading it's way through the indoctrination of children, holding back the progress of my species.

To me it's horrifying and actually really freaky.

I just want to sprint into the building and yell at the top of my lungs "Run AWAY! He's going to brainwash you all into absurd beliefs so you can do the same to your children and perpetuate the cycle for another two thousand years!! RUN!". Too bad it wouldn't even help, it's too late for most of them anyways.

Sorry if this offends any religious people, but I hate to break it to you...from a non-religious person's point of view, your religion is SCARY AS HELL.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,799 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

Jotto999 wrote: »

I used to not like spiders, the dark, and huge cliffs. As I got older I actually grew to like the things I used to be afraid of, now I love the darkness of night and spiders and cliffs. I love heights, they give me a thrill.

But there is one.....that I can't learn to like, or even simply not be afraid of. It haunts me and I truly am terrified of it.

Organized religion.

It's just...when I see a whole group of people sitting in a church/mosque/anything, and some guy is standing in front of them all waving his arms, reading lines out from a heavily mistranslated, misinterpreted, medieval tool to control the masses, and all the people chant in unison as the crowd is brainwashed and indoctrinated, slowly sucking out any hope of them forming logical, scientific, realistic beliefs and thoughts..I can't take it. A virus of the mind, spreading it's way through the indoctrination of children, holding back the progress of my species.

This is why I practice disorganized religion.

This is why I practice disorganized religion.

You never know, one day you might be good enough to do it for real. :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,799 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

You never know, one day you might be good enough to do it for real. :)
    That or play Carnegie Hall.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

Jotto999 wrote: »

Organized religion.

I just want to sprint into the building and yell at the top of my lungs "Run AWAY! He's going to brainwash you all into absurd beliefs so you can do the same to your children and perpetuate the cycle for another two thousand years!! RUN!". Too bad it wouldn't even help, it's too late for most of them anyways.

Sorry if this offends any religious people, but I hate to break it to you...from a non-religious person's point of view, your religion is SCARY AS HELL.

I'd agree, but then you watch sports or something and it's not massively different. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Lorrs33

I'm terrified of people in big costumes, you know the ones who walk around town, i.e., Homer Simpson. Damn you, Captain Croc!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 347 ✭✭googlehead

cheese really scares me

I'd agree, but then you watch sports or something and it's not massively different. :pac:

Yes, and if I recall correctly, a certain amount of insane/ horrid behaviour is done in the name of sports too...
    Lorrs33 wrote: »
    I'm terrified of people in big costumes, you know the ones who walk around town, i.e., Homer Simpson. Damn you, Captain Croc!

What? Even an Optimus Prime one?
    googlehead wrote: »
    cheese really scares me

Well, it is rotting animal excretion, I cannot blame you.

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Lorrs33

What? Even an Optimus Prime one?

Probably! :confused:

googlehead wrote: »
    cheese really scares me
    Cheese is scary to me as well, basically because I'm lactose intolerant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

Cheese rawks!

Advertisement