Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung NC10 Netbook (Blue) - €319.93 ** MISPRICE** [TheHut / SendIt]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,812 ✭✭✭✭Basq

And also (I could be wrong so double-check) I'm pretty sure all payments in Euro on SendIt / TheHut are despatched from offices in Belfast.

Could be wrong though like I said. You might wanna try and get a VAT inclusive invoice from them on despatch.. unless you wanna pay another 21.5% on top of the price when it reaches you.

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭etcetc

Supercell wrote: »
    Sweeet!! Thanks for the update, not showing on my online account yet, hopefully will be the same when it does though :)

done the same with mine last night but the 1 cent charge followed by 301 charge looked suspicious so mbna fraud dept suspended my card

nice to know how fast they act phone call and text message straight away

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

etcetc wrote: »
    done the same with mine last night but the 1 cent charge followed by 301 charge looked suspicious so mbna fraud dept suspended my card

nice to know how fast they act phone call and text message straight away

Yeah- I got a call from Bank of Ireland......

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

basquille wrote: »
    You might wanna try and get a VAT inclusive invoice from them on despatch.. unless you wanna pay another 21.5% on top of the price when it reaches you.

Whats the best way to get the VAT invoice? Email them directly with the order reference?

• Advertisement

Yeah, use the Contact Us facility on the site - they'll only send it to you after despatch though.

Their staff are suprisingly helpful, and typically quick to reply.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭Elara: Kin

You won't get charged VAT for items coming into Ireland from another EU state.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭IrishIrish

I see this has gone from thehut and sendit sites and is up to about €400 on dabs and elara. So many price changes for this product!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 iddlediddle

Hi all,

Quick question planning to get a laptop for my parents for Christmas req are webcam, router for broadband or card, do you think this would be suitable for them? My main concern would be the size of it? Parents are late 60's and 70's. They already have a desktop taking up space in kitchen with a dial up connection so we thought that a laptop and broadband would be more suitable for them.

Any thoughts/feedback would be appreciated?

Thks

Kin Mak wrote: »
    You won't get charged VAT for items coming into Ireland from another EU state.

It ships from a tax free haven which is a 'dependent' of an EU state though........

• Advertisement

Hi all,

Quick question planning to get a laptop for my parents for Christmas req are webcam, router for broadband or card, do you think this would be suitable for them? My main concern would be the size of it? Parents are late 60's and 70's. They already have a desktop taking up space in kitchen with a dial up connection so we thought that a laptop and broadband would be more suitable for them.

Any thoughts/feedback would be appreciated?

Thks

Seriously- get something with a decent sized screen and a reasonable keyboard. This is a lovely machine- but its more geared at people who want something for travelling with- than as a desktop replacement machine. It also doesn't have a DVD ROM or other optical drive......?

smccarrick wrote: »
    It ships from a tax free haven which is a 'dependent' of an EU state though........
    Exact-a-mundo!

Cheers for clearing that up.

Does it not ship from the u.k?

Kin Mak wrote: »
    Does it not ship from the u.k?

They run their website from Chesire but ship their goods from Jersey (as far as I know).

They run their website from Chesire but ship their goods from Jersey (as far as I know).

Ah ok, VAT invoice needed then.

Guernsey actually.. but same rules apply.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,342 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Nobody has ever ordered from thehut before and can clarify whether these vat receipts are needed?
    I'm sure these guys must come accross this all the time if they ship from Guernsey, maybe they simply mark the package vat paid or something?

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Supercell wrote: »
    Nobody has ever ordered from thehut before and can clarify whether these vat receipts are needed?
    I'm sure these guys must come accross this all the time if they ship from Guernsey, maybe they simply mark the package vat paid or something?

Read here - i've dealt with this issue this week!

Read here - i've dealt with this issue this week!

Thanks Basquille, reading that post though just gives me the impression that you are worried customs are going charge you rather than having any concrete evidence that they will?
    If this business sends stuff to Ireland regularly I'm sure customs have some kind of list of companies that are Vat covered already?
    Maybe I'm putting too much faith in Irish customs being efficient though.

I'm inclined to wait and see, worst thing that will happen is that they send me a vat bill and then I have to ask thehut to post me the invoice. Doesn't look they will impound my new toy and deny me hours of Christmas fun while I get the vat sorted out!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Nah.. was worried about customs at the start but VAT has me more worried as TheHut don't indicate VAT paid on any shipping invoices.

I'm unsure about this.. but if it's delivered by someone like An Post, they may not give you your NC10 until you pay the VAT on delivery.. and will send it back if you refuse to pay.

But couriers like Fedex will not mention it when they deliver it to you, but will send you out a VAT payment request a few weeks later.

I'd say it'd be safer to get a VAT inclusive invoice.. the guy at TheHut said he'd send one to me on dispatch just so irregardless of whether it's on delivery or a few weeks later, I have that invoice to show I have indeed paid VAT on it.

• Advertisement

I'm unsure about this.. but if it's delivered by someone like An Post, they may not give you your NC10 until you pay the VAT on delivery.. and will send it back if you refuse to pay.

That sounds like a pain in the hole.

Has no boardsie ever ordered from these guys before and can clarify this?
    Or should I just say fuggit and ask them for a vat receipt?, I hate dealing with customer care if i can avoid it, hence my reticence.

SuperCell wrote:
    Has no boardsie ever ordered from these guys before and can clarify this?
    Plenty have ordered but haven't seen people ordered any real expensive products like this.. or electronics from them. Most have ordered CD's / DVD's / Blu-ray's.
    SuperCell wrote:
    Or should I just say fuggit and ask them for a vat receipt?, I hate dealing with customer care if i can avoid it, hence my reticence.
    I did read somewhere that SendIt ship out of Belfast offices if you pay in Europe (and TheHut are a sister company of SendIt).. could be wrong though!

I still haven't been able to get a straight-forward answer with regards to customs. As far as I know, it's not liable for customs into the UK as they've an agreement with them. But it's still liable for customs for other EU states as Guersney is technically a non-EU state (and classed outside the EU).

Could be waaaaaaaay off the mark though.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

Money went through for me as well.

Regarding VAT - they've a UK vat number , a UK address (largest in the North West) and we paid in Euros. There's no indication to us consumers that this company is trading from outside the EU.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭blobert

Anyone who ordered when they were €319 been charged yet?

Mine has been "Awaiting Stock Pick" since yesterday, not looking promising..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

blobert wrote: »
    Anyone who ordered when they were €319 been charged yet?

Mine has been "Awaiting Stock Pick" since yesterday, not looking promising..

Mine is still awaiting stock pick despite my CC having been processed last night, I wouldn't fret!

invest4deepvalue.com

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

Im thinking of buying this for my mother for XMAS , so are you guys just waiting to see if your paying more VAT on arrival (like AE clothing ? ) .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

Sarge wrote: »
    Im thinking of buying this for my mother for XMAS , so are you guys just waiting to see if your paying more VAT on arrival (like AE clothing ? ) .

As they are registered in the UK, we have definitely paid VAT (UK rate) so we do NOT have to pay any extra VAT. Getting the VAT invoice is probably not necessary but no harm having it. Only if you are a registered business in this country can you buy an item from the UK without paying VAT (i.e. saves you having to claim it back later).

Good luck trying to get one of these from TheHut, their web-site is currently stating delivery not guaranteed for Xmas: http://www.thehut.com/hut/10009167.product

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭IrishIrish

Does anyone know of any shops in Northern Ireland that would have this in stock to be picked up, anything below €350?

IrishIrish wrote: »
    Does anyone know of any shops in Northern Ireland that would have this in stock to be picked up, anything below €350?

Currys had them for £299 last week but now they are £329.99 they have a "lowest price guarantee" so it's unlikely, though not impossible, that you will find it much lower than that!

invest4deepvalue.com

• Advertisement

OK, I'm starting to count chickens! :D

Will this memory do the trick? Anywhere have it substantially below this price?

invest4deepvalue.com

Advertisement