Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung NC10 Netbook (Blue) - €319.93 ** MISPRICE** [TheHut / SendIt]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

i'm currently in the middle of a weird email battle with dabs over my order placed on friday.

i went through their whole secure signup so I could order and then a couple of days later got an email from a random lookin email address at a totally different domain asking to confirm my address and phone details and relationship to my credit card etc. etc. as part of a 'security' check which I have refused to give on the principle that it was all information I had already provided via their secure site which they now want me to send via a clear text email.

that's just about the most pointless soundingsecurity check I've ever heard of.

I've given them till COB today to cop on or I'll be cancelling my order and spending my hard earned cash with elara who seem to have a much better handle on this customer service thing.

here's hoping that I can find contact details for the board of directors so I can complain directly to them after COB today and tell them what a shoddy bunch of tossers they really are.

/bee>bonnet :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,283 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

vibe666 wrote: »
    i'm currently in the middle of a weird email battle with dabs over my order placed on friday.

Thats pretty normal for Dabs.
    They're actually not bad- if you jump through their pathetic hoops.....

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

FWIW a query to TheHut elicited the reply that my NC10 is expected to ship out on 8 December.

Whether that's true or just a holding response is another question..

• Registered Users Posts: 43,852 ✭✭✭✭Basq

parsi wrote: »
    FWIW a query to TheHut elicited the reply that my NC10 is expected to ship out on 8 December.

Whether that's true or just a holding response is another question..
    Christ.. I hope so.

Just got a despatched notification from TheHut.. got all excited only to realised it was a notification they despatched my copy of The Dark Knight on Blu-Ray!

Ah well.. I'm equally excited about seeing that on Blu-Ray but still...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

Lookin' good!

I sent this query to thehut about my €301 NC10:
    Please forward a VAT reciept with this shipment Thanks

Got a reply this morning:
    One of our customer services advisors has reviewed your query and we are able to confirm the following:

I can confirm that we can supply you with a VAT reciept but not untill the item has been shipped out you.

If you are able to get back in touch with us when your item has been despatched from our warehouse we can then organise this for you.

Sorry for any inconvenience caused.

So no sign of them reneging on the deal!

Just hope they get stock soon!

invest4deepvalue.com

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,964 ✭✭✭Hmm_Messiah

I just got an email from thehut.co.uk

Unfortunately we have been advised from our suppliers that we are now unable to supply the Blue version of the notebook.

However we are able to provide the black version of the notebook.

We have attempted to contact you but were unable to as we do not have a contact number.

I just got an email from thehut.co.uk

Was there any mention of a difference in price?

Haven't got anything like that yet, but if I do I will reply that in accordance with my statutory rights I will accept the substitution of the black version at no extra cost.

invest4deepvalue.com

Just got the same e-mail.
    They ask you to contact them- but don't give an e-mail address. Does anyone have an e-mail address for them?
    No mention of any change in price.

smccarrick wrote: »
    Just got the same e-mail.
    They ask you to contact them- but don't give an e-mail address. Does anyone have an e-mail address for them?
    No mention of any change in price.
    You can contact them through the message centre in "My account"

invest4deepvalue.com

The hedgehog supply situation must be critical! :D

invest4deepvalue.com

• Advertisement

They emailled to confirm dispatch date is still 8th

in fact kind of impressed with how they make contact etc

they took 321 euro from my creditcard when i ordered, coming up as 432 on their site now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

Yeah, I got the same message to say the blue isn't available but the black one apparently is (or will be).

I'm not too bothered about the colour so I replied to them that the black one is fine via their message centre.

So now it remains to be seen when they will actually be shipping out these units - maybe they are after receiving a consignment of black ones when blue ones were expected?

Bit cheeky of them to have debited everyone's CC well in advance of dispatch.

Give it another few days anyhow, a €100 saving if everything goes according to plan.

Do-more wrote: »
    The hedgehog supply situation must be critical! :D

Poor sonic!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,359 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Hmm, this smells fishy to me, lets wait and see if they want extra now for the black ones they have in stock.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Supercell wrote: »
    Hmm, this smells fishy to me, lets wait and see if they want extra now for the black ones they have in stock.

Same feeling here, but I'm sure that a quick call to the Office of the Director of Consumer Affairs will confirm that they can offer a substitution but may not charge extra for it.

No email here yet!

invest4deepvalue.com

Just rang the National Consumer Agency and they said that because it's a cross border transaction it's the European Consumer Agency that would handle the query and their office hours are 9.30-1.00pm only, so can't find out until the morning.

But they did say that if it was an Irish transaction and there was a price difference between different colours they could charge the difference.

If (or when) I get the email, I will reply that I will accept the black version at the same price as the Blue one.

invest4deepvalue.com

Just got a confirmation back- its a straight swap with the black one, with the same dispatch date (the 8th). Will wait and see.....

Shane

• Registered Users Posts: 43,852 ✭✭✭✭Basq

I wrote to them asking what's the story with mine.. as they had told me mine from be despatched on the 2nd, and that I'll take a black model if they're having trouble sourcing the blue. They said they have no more information on it but they'll get back to me ASAP.

O/T: Best of luck trying to charge my credit card the difference.. found out my credit card was used on Monday by someone other than me to buy something in Carphone Warehouse. So it's been locked down... bit pissed off.

Just got a confirmation back- its a straight swap with the black one, with the same dispatch date (the 8th). Will wait and see.....

Shane

Got something similar :-
    One of our customer services advisors has reviewed your query and we are able to confirm the following:
    Thank you kindly for your email.

Your order is due to be despatched on 08/12/08.

Again, please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused.

No mention of extra cost..but i'll believe it when its in my hot sweaty hands!!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Harrumph. Feeling a bit left out here. No mail - maybe I'm getting the blue one !

• Advertisement

Harrumph. Feeling a bit left out here. No mail - maybe I'm getting the blue one !

Swap?

No email here either, I'd say they have probably booked some of the few Blue ones they are getting against our orders! :D

invest4deepvalue.com

I'm actually happy about it, as soon as I ordered i realised i'd have preferred a black one, so its all good if it arrives here at the original price and is black in colour :)

Swap?

If you're stuck (and you're down Cork way)... but no point in counting my chickens yet..

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

after digging my heels in and threatening blue murder if they didn't stop arsing around with their alleged security checks and ship my order I actually got an apology from dabs and a note to say my nc10 (black) was shipped this morning. got a ups tracking number and everything, so i'm well chuffed especially considering that screaming and shouting never gets me what I want normally. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭iggy82

Just got word from the hut that mine shipped this morning. The courier had a problem finding the address so he will re-deliver on Monday-Looking Good thanks OP

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭rai555

iggy82 wrote: »
    Just got word from the hut that mine shipped this morning. The courier had a problem finding the address so he will re-deliver on Monday-Looking Good thanks OP

grand job, keep the ball rolling :D

Today is D Day for most of our orders- t'will be interesting to see what happens.....

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭iggy82

Mine was delivered to a friend up north on Friday evening-have to just collect it from him today-:)

• Advertisement

mine is marked as dispatched

woohoo - looking good

Advertisement