Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung NC10 Netbook (Blue) - €319.93 ** MISPRICE** [TheHut / SendIt]

Options
  • 19-11-2008 3:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭

Posted this in the Samsung NC10 thread over in the Laptops forum but thought it deserved it own thread.

209849649.jpg

These are available for about €370 at both Dabs and Elara.. but exclude shipping.

You can get them from TheHut and SendIt for about €350 (make sure to pay in sterling - think both allow you to - and the TheHut charge 99p for shipping).

One of the best Netbooks currently available on the market - with an 160GB HDD and a 6 cell battery as standard.
    Audio Features:
    * High Definition Audio

Case Colour:
    * Blue

Chipset:
    * Intel 945GSE ? ICH7M

CPU Bus Speed:
    * 533MHz

CPU Family:
    * Intel Atom

CPU Speed:
    * 1.6GHz

Depth:
    * 18.55cm

Height:
    * 3.03cm

In The Box:
    * NC10 Netbook, Slip Case

Keyboard:
    * 84 Key with Silver Nano technology (Anti-Bacterial Keyboard)

L2 Cache:
    * 512KB

Memory Bus Speed:
    * 667MHz

Memory Size:
    * 1024MB

Memory Slot:
    * 1 x SO-DIMM

Memory Type:
    * DDR2

Network Card Data Link Protocol:
    * Ethernet

Network Card Speeds:
    * 10/100Mbps

Operating System:
    * Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition

Pointing Device:
    * Touchpad

RJ-45 Ports:
    * 1 x RJ-45

Screen Size:
    * 10ins

Security:
    * BIOS Boot Up Password / HDD Password

Software Included:
    * Samsung Magic Doctor / Samsung Update Plus / Easy Display Manger Easy Battery Manager/ Easy Network Manager / Easy Speed Up Manager Adobe Acrobat Reader

Speakers:
    * 2 x 1W Integrated Speakers

Warranty:
    * 1 year international collect and return warranty

Weight:
    * 1.33kg

Width:

* 26.1cm

USB Ports:
    * 3 x USB 2.0

Screen Type:
    * LCD

Screen Resolution:
    * 1024 x 600 Pixels

Battery:
    * Lithium-Ion

Secure Digital:
    * Supported: Secure Digital, SDHC

Hard Disk Size:
    * 160GB

Total Hard Disk Size:
    * 160GB

RF Network Standard:
    * IEEE 802.11

Number of Hard Disks:

Security Locking Mechanics:
    * Kensington Lock

RF Standard:
    * b/g

Video Card:
    * Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 950

MultiMedia Card:
    * Supported

Microphone In Port:
    * 1 x Microphone In Jack

VGA Port:
    * 1 x VGA

Screen Res. Type:
    * WSVGA

Processor Number:
    * N270

Effective Pixel Resolution:
    * 1.3Megapixels

Wireless System:
    * Atheros

Webcam:
    * Integrated

Hard Disk Interface:
    * Serial ATA

Headphone Ports:
    * 1 x Headphone Port

Bluetooth:
    * Bluetooth 2.0 + EDR

Power Supply:
    * 60W AC Power Adaptor

Primary Battery Cells:
    * 6 Cells

Removable Flash Memory Media:
    * 3-in-1 Card Reader

DC Power:
    * 1 x DC in

Number of Card Slots:

Network Interface Options:

* Integrated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭blobert

Thanks for that, am looking for it in black, they only seem to have blue, though I believe this is the most popular colour so would be good news for most.

Am getting this for Christmas, the only question is whether or not to wait a bit longer in the hope of Sterling falling further...

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Yep.. would like it in black also.. but could live with blue.

As far as I know, they're fairly rare in black. Elara have it every so often in black and normally sell out quickly.. they got it in stock in the last hour or so on the site though: http://www.elara.ie/products/notebooks.asp?srch=nc10&anyallexact=all&available=checked&manu=&mancode=&searchBtn=Search&layershowhide=

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭blobert

Was going to get the black one from Dabs, they seem to have it for about €370 delivered. Is the black one worth paying an extra €20, perhaps not:)

Have had nothing but positive shopping experiences with both Sendit and Dabs so would be happy to buy from either of them.

Maybe Sendit will get the black one in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭rc28

Why does everyone forget dabs.ie, they have the black in stock for 359 excluding delivery while elara have it for 369 excluding delivery. Is elara more of an Irish owned company or something as I see no other reason to explain the loyalty.

Both TheHut and SendIt occassionally issue some discount codes too.. SendIt apparently had one earlier today but doesn't work now.
    rc28 wrote:
    Why does everyone forget dabs.ie, they have the black in stock for 359 excluding delivery while elara have it for 369 excluding delivery.
    I didn't forget Dabs - I mentioned them in the original post! :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

Currys in the North have the black one for £299.99 if you were heading up that way (won't deliver here) ring & reserve available on the website.

No sign of it on the website, but a mate was in Liverpool at the week-end and said they had the Acer One A150 in store for £219.

invest4deepvalue.com

basquille wrote: »

I didn't forget Dabs - I mentioned them in the original post! :confused:
    Apologies, I was more having a general rant because in the other thread people appear to be more inclined to pay extra to elara than to dabs. Also, in your original post you said it was available for around 370 from both elara and dabs but dabs is e10 cheaper than that...sorry, I'm being ridiculously pedantic!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

rc28 wrote: »
    Why does everyone forget dabs.ie, they have the black in stock for 359 excluding delivery while elara have it for 369 excluding delivery. Is elara more of an Irish owned company or something as I see no other reason to explain the loyalty.

Well, I can collect it from Elara today, as opposed to waiting for delivery and possibly having to collect it from my local sorting office, so that's why I'm buying it from them.

Rsaeire wrote: »
    Well, I can collect it from Elara today, as opposed to waiting for delivery and possibly having to collect it from my local sorting office, so that's why I'm buying it from them.
    Ok but for people who do not live in Dublin it would make more sense to have it delivered to your door for almost the same price elara quote excluding delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

Ok but for people who do not live in Dublin it would make more sense to have it delivered to your door for almost the same price elara quote excluding delivery.

Yes, on that I would agree.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭carbsy

Dabs are English (dabs.ie is just an Irish frontend iirc) and Elara are Irish.Would that explain the loyalty? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭Elara: Kin

Wow... that really does hurt. :(

Kin Mak wrote: »

lol why?

I was explaining why people favoured Elara over Dabs!! :)

btw, the black DC10 is in stock (50+) at ebuyer.com -> http://www.ebuyer.com/product/150183 , works out ~ €372 inc. delivery so not great value but if you're after the black model....

carbsy wrote: »
    lol why?

I was explaining why people favoured Elara over Dabs!! :)

Not you mate...

p.s. we have stock of the black.

http://www.elara.ie/products/detailsfull.asp?productcode=ELA1617255&productID=

Not you mate...

:D

Care to elaborate? Now that someone has explained the reason behind the loyalty I understand it but if both websites have the same source why is Elara charging more?

Care to elaborate? Now that someone has explained the reason behind the loyalty I understand it but if both websites have the same source why is Elara charging more?

Do you really compare the service Dabs offers their customers to what Elara does? Do you really think a company that turned over 150 million Sterling in 2006 and I expect a lot more now will buy stock at the same price that Elara does? I can absolutely guarantee you that Dabs makes more off a NC10 than we do.

There is a customer right now running late collecting his NC10, I won't be leaving until he arrives to collect it. Try get Dabs to remotely do anything like that.

Anyway there are a lot of reason to buy in different places, I am just glad we have customers who believe in us.

Do you really compare the service Dabs offers their customers to what Elara does? Do you really think a company that turned over 150 million Sterling in 2006 and I expect a lot more now will buy stock at the same price that Elara does? I can absolutely guarantee you that Dabs makes more off a NC10 than we do.

There is a customer right now running late collecting his NC10, I won't be leaving until he arrives to collect it. Try get Dabs to remotely do anything like that.

Anyway there are a lot of reason to buy in different places, I am just glad we have customers who believe in us.
    That is fair enough and well done for providing good customer service. As I said, I understand the loyalty now and you obviously have many happy customers. The higher price is clearly justified. I was originally apprehensive simply because I am new to these forums(latops and bargain alerts) and I just wasn't aware of your good reputation.

That is fair enough and well done for providing good customer service. As I said, I understand the loyalty now and you obviously have many happy customers. The higher price is clearly justified. I was originally apprehensive simply because I am new to these forums(latops and bargain alerts) and I just wasn't aware of your good reputation.

Mate I was not really having a go... sorry if it sounded like I was. :o

• Advertisement

Mate I was not really having a go... sorry if it sounded like I was. :o

Well neither was I but for some reason you said, whether sarcastically or not; "wow..that really does hurt" even though I really said nothing hurtful about Elara. Anyway, this is off topic and it's my fault, sorry mods.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭Galego

Believe or not I am that customer who Kin refered on his previous email. Kin was my star of the day.........trust me! I got first stuck on the M50 and then lost around the Nass Road. Kin kindly waited and phoned me to give me directions. This guy finishes work at 6 and because of me he had to stay an extra half and hour. I mean what can I say?

I ordered once from laptopsdirect.ie and emailed them few times and they never bothered to answer me. Then I emailed them to cancel my order. Nothing, no answer. I phoned them and they informed me that order had been cancelled!!!! No cancelation email or anything!!

Now......which company do you think I will be buying from in the future?

Elara has got my respect and loyalty from now on, that is for sure. Trust me that I will recommend them to anyone out there who is looking for EXCELLENT value and customer service.

PS, I am writing all this on my new NC10. Thanks again Kin. You are a star man.

Yikes.. TheHut has increased the price of the NC10 to £306...!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Another satisfied Elara customer here. Ordered at 1pm on Friday, picked up from Parkwest 2 hours later. Typing on it now.

Although they occasionally have to charge a bit more than the online sellers the convenience of collecting and peace of mind that it is easy to return if needed is worth it.

I ordered mine for £264 (or €312) off TheHut last week anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭IrishIrish

Hey, would this be reasonable for doing college work? Like should it run microsoft office 2007 ok or would i have to go for a more suited laptop?

Cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

I would of went to Elara but they had no stock listed on the site so i went to Dabs,Maybe €10 in the price,but i would of rathered elara as their is a poster on here from them which helps,

Same the money was burning a hole in my pocket and i couldn't wait for more stock :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭Galego

IrishIrish wrote: »
    Hey, would this be reasonable for doing college work? Like should it run microsoft office 2007 ok or would i have to go for a more suited laptop?

Cheers.

I run the whole Office 2007 with no problems. You should not have any problems to run any software in this little machine.

Just upgrade your ram to 2Gb for an extra 20-30 EUR. It is well worthy.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Galego wrote: »
    Just upgrade your ram to 2Gb for an extra 20-30 EUR. It is well worthy.

Where's the best place to pick up RAM at this price?

Also, anyone considered putting Vista on it. A much better OS IMO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

quarryman wrote: »
    Also, anyone considered putting Vista on it. A much better OS IMO.

aside from my,distaste for vista :p it really wasnt designed with netbooks in mind,i installed premium for my friend on his asus 1000, and it just ran woefully,application response time was painfully slow at times,and booting up took some time aswell,I'd say basic would be the only viable option to run currently.

Advertisement