Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung NC10 Netbook (Blue) - €319.93 ** MISPRICE** [TheHut / SendIt]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

Nothing ventured.. nothing gained...

• Registered Users Posts: 43,801 ✭✭✭✭Basq

You gotta be kidding me... :mad:
    Yep, I thought there's no way it could get better than my €312 order! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Cionn

Damn I just had the must tighten our belts conversation last night and came into see that. I suppose it will have to be her Christmas pressie.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

I'm gonna have to unsubscribe to this thread as the price goes down. I bought at €369 from Elara.

I guess the upside is that I've had it for a week now :)

Almost time to upgrade!

Might get this badboy:

http://www.asus.com/products.aspx?l1=5&l2=75&l3=792&l4=0&model=2515&modelmenu=1

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 15,335 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Why does the tread title say "misprice" ?, sterling is weak at the moment presumably the new price simply reflects that?
    I got my order confimation anyhow :)

notebook.gif

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 14,970 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Supercell wrote: »
    Why does the tread title say "misprice" ?, sterling is weak at the moment presumably the new price simply reflects that?
    I got my order confimation anyhow :)

notebook.gif

It's listed on the site as £299 but when you select euro it stays at €299, even though other items change price.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Its weak but its not 1:1.

It's listed on the site as £299 but when you select euro it stays at €299, even though other items change price.

Ahh I see, schhh now ;) :pac::pac:

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Advertisement

Price seems to have gone up to €320 (for sterling and euro) now.

TheHut seem to be changing the prices of the NC10 daily.

Still not bad value at that though.

EDIT: Very odd pricing used:

Blue Model @ €319.93
    Black Model @ €289.93
    White Model @ €431.93

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

quarryman wrote: »
    Its weak but its not 1:1.

Half the shops in Omagh give you 1:1- why not The Hut?

smscarrick wrote:
    Half the shops in Omagh give you 1:1- why not The Hut?
    Look elsewhere on their site.. click the sterling price on a DVD, and then click the euro.

It's nowhere near 1.1... try and find one online shop based in the UK that gives you 1.1 - not a hope!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,266 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

Hehe, I have been thinking about investing in a netbook for some time now, and I could not resist when I saw this machine on sale for €299 at TheHut - I had it in my basket at this price since early this morning and even though the price has gone up since, I got it including delivery for €301 :D.

That's wifey's christmas prezzie sorted, should be able to put the feet up now on Xmas day and bask in the appreciation of my considerable generousity! Of course the blue colour alone will be worth at least an extra half dozen mince pies.

BA comes up with the goods yet again!

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭GG66

basquille wrote: »
    Thank God.. I've just heard back from TheHut.com telling me they're gonna fax me on invoices that clearly show I've paid VAT.

HAPPY FECKING DAYS!

What VAT rate do they charge? Is it Irish Rate 21%, Would like to know ex vat price

GG66 wrote: »
    What VAT rate do they charge? Is it Irish Rate 21%, Would like to know ex vat price
    Read my thread here..

Their prices on the site include VAT of 17.5%..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭ErinGoBrath

White model is coming up as 289 euro but none in stock.

That give me some satisfaction seeing as i paid €370 for the white one.
    Still very frustrating how it can drop €60 - €80 in 3 days.
    Their prices are all screwy and had been shooting up and down. It'll shoot back up when they realise their mistake.

But whether they honour this mistake is another thing.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

I say god dang thats cheap, okay, it's probably a mistake on their part, but still!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭blobert

Just one thing guys, do they charge in GBP?

If so I'm guessing they will charge the GBP price and not the wonky € conversion to your card.

I'm tempted to order the blue one but I'd be fairly sure that is what will happen and it will be a mess to sort out.

I've had similar problems where a company charges you in sterling and then refunds you due to mistake on their part, you always loose a few €

blobert wrote: »
    Just one thing guys, do they charge in GBP?

If so I'm guessing they will charge the GBP price and not the wonky € conversion to your card.

I'm tempted to order the blue one but I'd be fairly sure that is what will happen and it will be a mess to sort out.

I've had similar problems where a company charges you in sterling and then refunds you due to mistake on their part, you always loose a few €

You get your choice of currency. My order confirmation definitely shows: €301.18 as the price incl. of delivery. Time will tell.

I know that's what your order says, but I have a feeling (if they are like Sendit) that they only charge in GBP so they are likely to charge the GBP price and the fault is in their conversion rate.

Will order it myself now and see but I forsee problems:)

Edit: Ordered from Sendit.com for €319 to avoid theHuts €1 delivery surcharge, I'm guessing they are the same company?

Edit: Ordered from Sendit.com for €319 to avoid theHuts €1 delivery surcharge, I'm guessing they are the same company?

Its only €18 of a difference- so its entirely plausible that they may honour the orders. Its not like they are at a totally unbelievable price? They don't charge your card until they actually ship- perhaps someone can let us know what happens?

I know that's what your order says, but I have a feeling (if they are like Sendit) that they only charge in GBP so they are likely to charge the GBP price and the fault is in their conversion rate.

Hmm, I hope they don't!!
    Anyone that ordered before, was your credit card billed the EXACT same amount the order confirmation was in? (I'm guessing that the conversion rate used by the credit card company has a good chance of being different to the companies one).

Anyone that ordered before, was your credit card billed the EXACT same amount the order confirmation was in? (I'm guessing that the conversion rate used by the credit card company has a good chance of being different to the companies one).
    I bought in GBP - £262 translated as €312 on my credit card statement.

Seems pretty accurate..

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭iggy82

Just odered one-does it really take 5-8 days for them to despatch orders?

Thanks for the Heads Up on this offer

iggy82 wrote: »
    Just odered one-does it really take 5-8 days for them to despatch orders?

Thanks for the Heads Up on this offer
    Well, I ordered it a week ago. And it's giving me an estimated despatch date of 18/12/2008! :mad

So if anyone gets theirs shipped befoe me, there'll be hell to pay! :D

PS - oh, TheHut will probably charge your card in the next 24 - 36 hours though.

Hmm, I hope they don't!!

What I'm saying is that they operate in GBP and charge in GBP so I think they will just charge the GBP price for this item to your card.

They are probably unaware that the curency converter on their site is having problems with this one product, I don't think it will effect they way they charge people. I know with OSCommerce you have a primary currency and which the system does all its calculations in, the conversions are a seperate thing and are far more prone to being inaccurate.

Hopefully it there is a problem one of the 1st people to be overcharged might let them know and it won't happen to everyone.

Will keep an eye on this thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

I've been trawling through the terms and conditions on both thehut and sendit and can't find anything to explain how items are charged in relation to the euro price other that a mention than there may be bank charges which are the customers responsibility.

My order with thehut is listed as "Processing" my estimated despatch date is 08/12/08 so at least it looks like I'll be getting mine before you basquille! :p:D

invest4deepvalue.com

Advertisement