Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung NC10 Netbook (Blue) - €319.93 ** MISPRICE** [TheHut / SendIt]

Options
1111213141517»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

Kin Mak wrote: »
    Sendit, thehut and Currys are all free delivery in the U.K. not Ireland. All you ones you mentioned that are the cheapest use the U.K. 15% VAT and not Irish 21.5%.

Best place now is the buy in the U.K. due to the sterling conversion, it takes time for it to filter down to Irish companies for our buy price to reflect savings. You have to take what comes with buying from the U.K. though but for most the price saving makes it worth it.

You think? :D

Oh and Merry Christmas all. :)

Yeah just in both PC World and Currys. Both €399 for the NC10. Internet now for me :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

That's a joke.

Up north for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭etcetc

blobert wrote: »
    Mine is working straight out of the box on my Buffalo Wireless Router, accepted key fine. Am guessing it might be a problem with your router.

just update in case anyone else experiences same

problem was with mac address control in wifi settings on the belkin router

had to disable it then instant connection and copied the mac address and pasted into allow list and reenabled mac address control

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭getoffthepot

I just ordered one from Elara. Will I get it this week?

Just ordered a black one from thehut - £310 (~€335 when converted & banks had their share) :)

Should i ring them up tomorrow and ask what the story is? Why hasn't it been sent out yet? :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭Elara: Kin

I just ordered one from Elara. Will I get it this week?

We are not back will the 5th so items are not going to be processed for delivery till then, sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭rejkin

We are not back will the 5th so items are not going to be processed for delivery till then, sorry.

Wow thats some hell of a break,was gonna buy it off elara but seeming as thats when ur all back then i might just buy it elsewhere,seems like a bad business decision what with so many people spending after christmas

rejkin wrote: »
    Wow thats some hell of a break,was gonna buy it off elara but seeming as thats when ur all back then i might just buy it elsewhere,seems like a bad business decision what with so many people spending after christmas

Shipments don't start till the 2nd, so we are taking an extra day off which is not a "hell of a break" extra considering most of us have not had a day off the whole year.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

Shipments don't start till the 2nd, so we are taking an extra day off which is not a "hell of a break" extra considering most of us have not had a day off the whole year.

Tell that to your competitors. I'm sure they'll be understanding and refuse custom.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭mickoneill30

Syferus wrote: »
    Tell that to your competitors. I'm sure they'll be uderstanding and refuse custom.

Nah. They'll probably just take the orders and ship them next week anyway. Look what the Hut did on the earlier pages on this thread. Took piles of orders and didn't ship for weeks.

What's with the indignation anyway. Tis the season and all that. If you want sales go down to the shops and pay more. If you want cheaper buy it online and wait for delivery.

If you go to www.elara.ie in red on the top of the page it says they're out of the office till 5th Jan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭rejkin

Fair enough,I dont know how much time you get off but just from my perception of your website is that its a big company which would at least be able to have people in over the holidays instead of the whole company shutting down,i must be wrong then,my apologies

• Registered Users Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭LightningBolt

He or she has already said shipping co. doesn't start back up to Fri 2nd. What's the point in bringing people in before that if you can't send off deliverys:rolleyes:

Deliveries don't come in till the 2nd and shipments won't be with customers till 5th at the earliest. The only difference now is customer will start getting deliveries from the 6th. You will be suprised how many online companies are shut as well, we just tell you about it.

mickoneill30 is correct, other online companies as well as us are still taking orders as usual and you will recieve your goods when deliveries start up again, only difference is you can't call us.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

Deliveries don't come in till the 2nd and shipments won't be with customers till 5th at the earliest. The only difference now is customer will start getting deliveries from the 6th. You will be suprised how many online companies are shut as well, we just tell you about it.

mickoneill30 is correct, other online companies as well as us are still taking orders as usual and you will recieve your goods when deliveries start up again, only difference is you can't call us.

Which was exactly my point. Coming out and saying it acts like a red herring - people will go elsewhere for better or worse.

For the consumer it's more information, but in the same sese it also gives an unfair picture of the layout of other sites.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Looks like thehut have an extra £5 off as a promo, cost including delivery to
    Ireland is now down to £310.93 - which should equate to €325-330.

Cheapest I can see anywhere else is dabs.ie at €349+delivery.

Looks like thehut.com and paying in GBP is still the best price on these.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Looks like thehut have an extra £5 off as a promo, cost including delivery to
    Ireland is now down to £310.93 - which should equate to €325-330.

Cheapest I can see anywhere else is dabs.ie at €349+delivery.

Looks like thehut.com and paying in GBP is still the best price on these.

Is it worth saving €20 when you know just how shambolic their shipping is?

smccarrick wrote: »
    Is it worth saving €20 when you know just how shambolic their shipping is?

make it about €30 now with exchange rate -v- euro falling yet again ;-)

Advertisement