Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung NC10 Netbook (Blue) - €319.93 ** MISPRICE** [TheHut / SendIt]

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,283 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

mine is marked as dispatched

woohoo - looking good

Mine is still on "Awaiting Stock Pick"........:(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

smccarrick wrote: »
    Mine is still on "Awaiting Stock Pick"........:(

Same here....

Early yet!

invest4deepvalue.com

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭etcetc

Do-more wrote: »
    Same here....

Early yet!

mine shows this but arrived this morning shipped directly from the wholesalers

etcetc wrote: »
    mine shows this but arrived this morning shipped directly from the wholesalers

They're not exactly well organised......
    Perhaps they're friends with the Ibood folk :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

the ups tracking page says my sammy (from dabs.ie) has passed through customs in dublin, so should have it by tomorrow at the latest.

only real pain in the tits was that it's my first order so i had to get it shipped to home (credit card billing address), which isn't going to work because i'm not there very often. :(

guess i'll have to grab a slip off them when they fail and go and collect it.

anyone know where the nearest ups office is to navan?

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

Still awaiting stock pick here.

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭etcetc

They're not exactly well organised......
    Perhaps they're friends with the Ibood folk :)

maybe but shipping direct from wholesalers as soon as stock arrived in seems efficent to me

anyways important point here for those fretting no customs/VAT issues im happy to report

vibe666 wrote: »
    anyone know where the nearest ups office is to navan?
    balls, looks like it might be finglas. ah well, can prob. make it there at lunchtime tomorrow, assuming it makes it to navan toda and they leave a collection slip.

Still! :eek:
    Just for anyone looking to order it from the 2 Irish Companies, i got mine within 2 days of ordering from dabs.ie. :cool:

Dabs just have an .ie domain they are based in Bolton UK and are owned by British Telecom ;)

invest4deepvalue.com

• Advertisement

yup indeedy. mine was shipped from their UK offices and I was speaking to UKians about it when they were ar$ing around with my address confirmation thing. should be landing on my doorstep today though.

Mine is still listed as "Awaiting Stock Pick"
    However it was handed to me by a courier 3 minutes ago.......

Yahooooo!!!!!!

Who did they use for courier ?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,857 ✭✭✭✭Basq

I'm a sad panda... I ordered mine before the lot of ye! :(

parsi wrote: »
    Who did they use for courier ?

UTi- I've never heard of them before in my life.......

Actually, wonder did it arrive for me yet.. as I just remember I sent mine to my parents house.

UTi- I've never heard of them before in my life.......

Ah grand. Extensive presence in Western Europe and India.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

Mine is still listed as "Awaiting Stock Pick"
    However it was handed to me by a courier 3 minutes ago.......

Yahooooo!!!!!!

Wouldnt it be great if they sent u another one in error!

brightkane wrote: »
    Wouldnt it be great if they sent u another one in error!

I wish- but its not going to happen.....
    We chanced our arm on this one- I'm happy with what I got.
    It was bloody cheeky charging my credit card a forthnight before shipping the laptop though!

Still no sign here yet:(

Might have something to do with not being asked to take a black one...

Maybe give UTi a ring in the morning to see if it's on the way...

invest4deepvalue.com

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭cosgrove80

Still "Awaiting Stock Pick" for me. I never got the black/blue email either.

Maybe it'll turn up tomorrow.

Ah for fucks sale..
    Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience caused due to the delay in despatching this order.

We have received word from our suppliers that this order is to be delivered on 07/01/09.

If you wish to keep this item on order, or due to the delay, you would rather cancel the item, then please contact our customer service department on 0870 240 8956 for further asistance.
    :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,964 ✭✭✭Hmm_Messiah

I'm sure when I went in this morning it showed as dispatched, now showing as waiting pick - I've messaged them but no quick response on this occasion

basquille wrote: »
    Ah for fucks sale..

That's a real bummer when people who ordered after you have already got their's!

What time did you get that mail?

No delivery or email here......yet!

invest4deepvalue.com

Ah for fucks sale..

go with dabs.ie, just got mine delivered.

kinda weird, it turned up just after 7pm and I said "i didn't relise you guys delivered this late" to which he replied "no neither did I when they gave it to me" with a miserable look on his face. :D

glad he bothered tho, except the missus saw it arriving in a huge box and as it's (technically) for her, I can't really mess with it whilst she's nearby as she doesn't know she's getting it yet.

will have to take it to work tomorrow and mess with it then. :)

Got it at 5.52 this evening..

In a way, I'm somewhat happy and somewhat pissed.

Benefit is there'll be less chance of any customs in a post-Christmas delivery (if it is liable to customs).. am in no real rush for it. But just peeved a couple of people got theirs who ordered it in the misprice! :(

Regarding dabs.. sure it'd be here quicker and all, but I'm making a decent saving on it from TheHUt to be honest.

They certainly seem to be disorganised.

What is annoying is that they have the money and we don't have the goods.

Then again if it comes through it's saving not to be sniffed at.

Got it at 5.52 this evening..

I'll expect one in the morning so!

Will just have to lug the old Acer Travelmate to Sweden for the Christmas, buggered if I have to make small talk with the FIL for 2 weeks!:rolleyes:

invest4deepvalue.com

just having a snout around online to see if i'll have any trouble dropping tiny or micro xp onto it tomorrow, all sorts on the msi wind and eeepc etc. but not much on the sammy netbook just yet. i guess i'll have to be a trend setter then. :)

might have to stick apache and wordpress back on a box here and put my blog back up if i end up doing much messing, might be worth documenting if there's much work involved in getting everything working right on it.

may consider dumping the current OS partition into a ghost image first just to be on the safe side too, unless it comes with a restore cd.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,227 ✭✭✭ongarite

vibe666 wrote: »
    may consider dumping the current OS partition into a ghost image first just to be on the safe side too, unless it comes with a restore cd.

Its comes with a restore DVD and upon first boot into XP, it installs Samsung software and reboots to partition & backup to hidden partition software.

Advertisement